Mo Salah | Choccy: He gone | Choccy gone, Choccy wrong | beIN sports: Agrees to Al Ittihad's offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
First they got lucky with that Brazilian kid going to Barcelona. Funded Allison, VVD. Now with 200 plus, they will be able to get the best. Lucky basterds.
How, the fees now are so much higher. Plus their owners are likely to pocket a big amount of that.

Why did Al Ittihad wait for so long? They'll have to pay Liverpool to give up on their season with this approach.

You have to question the intellects running the club. They come in with this sort of money even a week ago and I think they could have had him.

It's like they tried to grab headlines on deadline day but it's backfired massively and, instead, they look like the idiots trying to pretend to be a football club that they are.

No wonder klop was so fecking worried about the saudis :lol:

Real dilemma for them. Lose your best player ever for lots of money, but with no replacement possible or keep him and show your ambition but lose out on the type of money that could rebuild half your squad.

What a manic deadline day.

No wonder klop was so fecking worried about the saudis :lol:

Real dilemma for them. Lose your best player ever for lots of money, but with no replacement possible or keep him and show your ambition but lose out on the type of money that could rebuild half your squad.

What a manic deadline day.

Not much of a dilemma. They sell him, they have to forget about this season. And they can still get similar amounts next summer.

Why did Al Ittihad wait for so long? They'll have to pay Liverpool to give up on their season with this approach.
Money is nothing to their owners. It's all PR.
A record breaking deadline day transfer of one of the best and the most popular muslim player in the the world is of massive PR value to them and thus worth the extra money spent.

I wish we had kept ronaldo now for another 6 months, could have made 100 million on him at this rate

I wish we had kept ronaldo now for another 6 months, could have made 100 million on him at this rate
Part of me thinks he knew exactly what he was doing forcing himself out of the club and was looking to pocket any money himself that might have been paid to United as a transfer fee.

Off the topic, don't you need a new derogatory, borderline racist slur for your rivals?

Not inherently racist as Russian is not a race or even all that derogatory even given that the country is not the most universally admired at the moment. But it is descriptive and an appropriate nickname given all their success occurred under a shady Russian mobster type who set in motion many of the dominoes of regression and cheating that plague European football at the moment.

In any case, if it is too much I will refrain from using it again, as I am aware I am guest here. However, for me they have always been shady and continue to be shady under the new ownership, which has inherited a lot that was put in place by Roman.

Last edited:
You have to question the intellects running the club. They come in with this sort of money even a week ago and I think they could have had him.

It's like they tried to grab headlines on deadline day but it's backfired massively and, instead, they look like the idiots trying to pretend to be a football club that they are.
Money is nothing to their owners. It's all PR.
A record breaking deadline day transfer of one of the best and the most popular muslim player in the the world is of massive PR value to them and thus worth the extra money spent.
I'll get the popcorn.

But so many on here wanted him out, not realising how insanely attractive he is to the likes of the Saudis from a marketing perspective.
He was up for sale for most of the summer window. Nobody came in for him

How much did they pay? The £35m figure seems to be universally reported, not that that means an awful lot.
£55m after a couple of appearances. Ironically enough the dippers seem to be doing lots of these deals, while their mates in the media report the lower fee to relieve pressure on their signings.

Last edited:
Turning down £150 million for a clearly declining player is mental.
With his contract he is clearly going to be a albatross around the neck of Liverpool and this was the best way out for them. Crazy

Turning down £150 million for a clearly declining player is mental.
With his contract he is clearly going to be a albatross around the neck of Liverpool and this was the best way out for them. Crazy

They've still got another week, there will surely be more offers.

They've still got another week, there will surely be more offers.

Saudi is doing wind ups. If Klopp forces their hand, they'll make an actual bid of 30m to make him look super silly. Remember, all of this was via phone calls.

I’d have taken £150 million for him tbh

obviously don’t want too lose him, all this talk of him declining etc goals and assists last year suggest otherwise, still his usual stats

but at 31, £150m is a fantastic deal

I’d be Confident Nunez, Diaz, Jota and Gakpo would get the goals for us

understandably though, leaving it so late in the window, making it difficult too replace our star player, will naturally add extra stubbornness from Liverpool

I’d imagine if Saudi have any hope of clinching Salah at this late stage of the window, they’ll have too go above and beyond too test Liverpools resolve, after all, everything is for sale at the right price

£200 million and the deal will be done without question imo

and let’s not kid ourselves £200m is a lot too the Saudis, it’s a penny on the floor too them, how mental is that

What the feck does the thread title even mean?

I believe a poster called Choccy told everyone he had overheard a conversation last summer that Salah was leaving and that if he didn't, they would leave the cafe.

Not sure you remember how toxic things had gotten with him around. That interview! It's quite likely that back then many would have said get him out right now even if it costs us 100m later.

I believe a poster called Choccy told everyone he had overheard a conversation last summer that Salah was leaving and that if he didn't, they would leave the cafe.
Everyone agrees obscure inside jokes are the best

Part of me thinks he knew exactly what he was doing forcing himself out of the club and was looking to pocket any money himself that might have been paid to United as a transfer fee.

I could be remembering it wrong but I think there was a 30m offer that summer which he rejected because he thought he could still hack it in Europe.

The Saudis are better off waiting till next year and getting Salah for half the price imo. Meanwhile they're better off upgrading their training infrastructure and attracting the next gen talent and coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.