Music Metallica

:lol:

Are you having a larf?

Metallica may have had they're better days behind them but they have allways been far better than Megadeth

Nope im serious, ask any normal Metal fan (not twats with Slipknot and Korn t-shirts) and they will always single out Megadeth as the superior thrash metalists. I mean christ you can't even classify Metallica as 'metal' anymore.

Its not for everyone. And before you ask - yes, the quality is deliberately that poor to create it's ideal atmosphere.

Abit disappointing though to see bands like Emperor going for a more commercial sound though, Prometheus was a load of shite.

This is more my cup of tea:

Transilvanian Hunger[/YOUTUBE]

I played that fecker to death years ago, not heard it for ages. En as I Dype Skogen remains one of my favoruite metal tracks ever. I actually liked Prometheus, there are some class songs on it. IX Equilibrium is the Emperor album I could never get into. Too jumbled and chaotic.

Nope im serious, ask any normal Metal fan (not twats with Slipknot and Korn t-shirts) and they will always single out Megadeth as the superior thrash metalists. I mean christ you can't even classify Metallica as 'metal' anymore.

Thats probably right

And you can class Megadeth as just being thrash to be honest.

In Megadeth's entire career they literally have only a handful of good songs, the rest is utter rubbish.

Metallica may be rubbish now, and i agree with that they hav'nt been the same at all but the stuff they produced prior to going a bit shit has far surpassed anything Megadeth has ever produced and ever will....they are terrible really and the only reason they are still going is the fact they have a couple of gems out there

cyanide sounds like they are trying to go back to old school but for me its leaning more towards St Anger style again

I agree about that...it did sound a little poor like they we're trying to go back but it failed a little a bit

Having said that i really like the day that never comes...allthough maybe it sounds a little fussy at parts

No, just no.

Wow, that put me in my place there:wenger:

Megadeth are tripe mate...and i even like some of their stuff

Fact is out of all the albums they've put out only a handful of their songs they've lucked out on being decent.

they are not even a patch on early Metallica and the success they've had proves that

The studio version of Cyanide should sound a lot better... And The day that never comes has grown on me quite a bit, love the jamming session at the end, and James' vocals.

As for the debate about how good Metallica are these days, well obviously they aren't as good as they were 20 years ago, after the few problems they've had and ageing. The material they write will never IMHO touch the AJFA album but they still write some good shit. Load and Reload were fine albums, if people cant seem to like songs like The Outlaw Torn, The House Jack Built and others from there then fine, just don't blame Metallica for your lack of variety in music taste, because there are plenty of people that enjoy them. One thing we can all agree on though is that St Anger is dross and I seriously doubt the new album will be so poor. Some of the preview riffs on their site sound promising, and judging by the amount of riffs on The day that never comes there are going to be quite a few.

On a side note, agree with those that say Opeth are class.

The studio version of Cyanide should sound a lot better... And The day that never comes has grown on me quite a bit, love the jamming session at the end, and James' vocals.

As for the debate about how good Metallica are these days, well obviously they aren't as good as they were 20 years ago, after the few problems they've had and ageing. The material they write will never IMHO touch the AJFA album but they still write some good shit. Load and Reload were fine albums, if people cant seem to like songs like The Outlaw Torn, The House Jack Built and others from there then fine, just don't blame Metallica for your lack of variety in music taste, because there are plenty of people that enjoy them. One thing we can all agree on though is that St Anger is dross and I seriously doubt the new album will be so poor. Some of the preview riffs on their site sound promising, and judging by the amount of riffs on The day that never comes there are going to be quite a few.

On a side note, agree with those that say Opeth are class.

I'm just glad someone finally agreed with Load being a great album. I didn't know so many people disliked it, but as you said, i suppose their music taste was limited to metal.

Wow, that put me in my place there:wenger:

Megadeth are tripe mate...and i even like some of their stuff

Fact is out of all the albums they've put out only a handful of their songs they've lucked out on being decent.

they are not even a patch on early Metallica and the success they've had proves that

Says who, you? Opinions don't necessarily equate facts.

Metallica were once a great thrash metal band but they've undermined that with the shite they've released in recent years, at least Megadeth were a lot more consistent in the good music they've produced.

And quite frankly I think Megadeth's stuff is brilliant.

Says who, you? Opinions don't necessarily equate facts.

Metallica were once a great thrash metal band but they've undermined that with the shite they've released in recent years, at least Megadeth were a lot more consistent in the good music they've produced.

And quite frankly I think Megadeth's stuff is brilliant.

Fair enough

You could also say Kill em all, Ride the lightning, Master of Puppets or AJFA is better than anything Megadeth have ever released... Including Rust In Piece (my personal favourite Megadeth album).

Though again, that is just opinion, I'm guessing you don't agree :D

Anthrax were a better thrash metal band than Metallica IMO, they also had a sense of humour, something Metallica lacked.

Anthrax were a better thrash metal band than Metallica IMO, they also had a sense of humour, something Metallica lacked.

Better live as well. Saw them at the Apollo in `88 a couple of months after Metallica and they put on a far better show. But then again first album apart i`d never consider Metallica a thrash band anyway. For me Slayer and Kreator were the leaders of that genre. Saw them both live as well, the Germans almost tore my face off. Awesome band at their best.

More clips on their site, all of the songs from the new album, only 15sec clips... Some of them could be good, some of them shit. We'll see when it's released properly I guess :p

feck Metallica! Their first albums where good Black is Ok not thrash anymore after that they died. And this new album so far doesn't really sound like they would return 'back to the roots'. There is so many better Thrash bands then Metallica, it makes me really annoyed when someone in a documentary call Metallica 'Thrash Kings'. Should really listen to other, Sepultura, Megadeth, Forbbiden, Overkill and Sabbat not the Japanese band the English one.

If Metallica were really trying to get back to the their roots strangley I wouldnt have expected them to do anything 'softer' than this:

I never really liked Chuck Billy's voice that much although I cant imagine Testament without it. But I can definitelly see how James H. voice would fit into some of the Testament songs.

(Testament is also proof that it's possible to consistently produce good music over 20 years. Nothing special, nothing extravagant, just straight forward metal. PLUS they wrote one of the best metal ballads of all times- The Legacy)

Right, I've had a chance to listen to it all...

It's ALOT better than St. Anger, still not as good as old metallica, but I think it's a step back in the right direction.

Drums aint trash cans anymore.

Best songs on it are...
The Day That Never Comes, & The Unforgiven III, but neither is that memorable imo.

Listening to it right now...having previously never been a fan of Metallica, I have to say I think this album is decent...

"That was just your life" is stuck in my head. Definitely one of the best off the new album.

Yeah, thats a pretty good one too, they're all not too bad tbh :s

I just can't get my head around it properly, everytime I listen to it, I am reminded of St Anger -_- Even though they don't sound alike.

I think it's an album which is gonna grow on me :/

Yeah, thats a pretty good one too, they're all not too bad tbh :s

I just can't get my head around it properly, everytime I listen to it, I am reminded of St Anger -_- Even though they don't sound alike.

I think it's an album which is gonna grow on me :/

Yeah I think it's a grower.

They'll never make anything as good as MoP or AJFA, anyone will do well to top those albums in terms of quality but I don't see it happening. However there are some killer riffs on this album which wouldn't be out of place on their past classics. It's still growing on me so we'll see how it goes but I'm definitely liking a lot of it so far. Better than I expected anyway.

Fantastic album. Not among their best, but still a fantastic album.

And i agree with The Unforgiven III, probably one of the most radio friendly songs on the album as well so i'd expect that to be a single at some point.

Anyway I can get this now? The world is ending tommorrow and I wouldn't mind hearing it before.

I agree, never liked Metallica. They started out as a thrash metal band and who knows what they're now besides unsympathetic and money grabbing. Also Marty Friedman shits all over Kirk Hammet.

I agree, never liked Metallica. They started out as a thrash metal band and who knows what they're now besides unsympathetic and money grabbing. Also Marty Friedman shits all over Kirk Hammet.

Better than the crap that comes out of Norway.