Mehdi Benatia | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roma are excellent negotiators. Spent €1,5m on Marquinhos and sold him for €31,5m. They're not gunna sell yet another massive player at the same position for anything less than €30m

By all reports, Roma want around €35m for him, which he is well worth IMO.
I'd take him over Vermaelen any day.

Roma are excellent negotiators. Spent €1,5m on Marquinhos and sold him for €31,5m. They're not gunna sell yet another massive player at the same position for anything less than €30m
How much did they sign Benatia for?

We are gunna have to overspend if we want quality this summer, and unfortunatly we need quality. so if that means 30-35m pounds on a Top Top player then by all fecking accounts, get it done. Weve skimped out for far too long.

We are gunna have to overspend if we want quality this summer, and unfortunatly we need quality. so if that means 30-35m pounds on a Top Top player then by all fecking accounts, get it done. Weve skimped out for far too long.
Our last four transfers have been £28m,.£37m, £27m and £28m.

Our last four transfers have been £28m,.£37m, £27m and £28m.

This.... £120m spent in less than a year - "we've skimped for far too long"! :wenger:

Interesting stats, proves how good he is,him and Hummels (next year) would be my dream team, set for next 8 years at least:

Comparing the stats of Benatia v Hummels v Thiago Silva v Vidic v Terry over on @Squawka:

http://bit.ly/1qZeIYf

cpsLz.jpg

Yes, but where is the player Benatia was before he went to Roma?

If he's the right player for us then any price is fine, we're not paying for it, but if money is a limiting option (which it undoubtedly is), why do we wait for players to move on before signing them?

The players who will be worth £30m in 18 months' time are out there and probably available for £10m.

I have yet to hear anything bad about this guy. He must have some weaknesses?

If he's the right player for us then any price is fine, we're not paying for it, but if money is a limiting option (which it undoubtedly is), why do we wait for players to move on before signing them?

The players who will be worth £30m in 18 months' time are out there and probably available for £10m.

that's a problem i hope our scouts remedy, in all honesty we did hit a gold mine with Evra and Vidic.

€35m is reasonable, he's the exact type of defender we should be bringing in.

Don't know that much about Benatia, but I know Roma's defence was brilliant last season.

Where's all the noise coming from about this move anyway? More meaningless rumours?

Benatia, Caudrado and Viydal?! Do we have a new scout in Italy or something.

You will have to pay over 50 million to get him, is the best defender in the Serie A, and also got that title when Thiago Silva was still at Milan, he is one of the best defenders atm, defensively much better than Ramos.
A bit of an exaggeration.

Barcelona made a bid of around 40 million, their director said you could get his left foot if you give that money.. And im talking in Euro's btw.

Walter Sabatini said he costs 61 million Euro's.
That won't be what any team would pay should he end up moving from Roma, though. Haven't you realised managers never openly say "oh yeah the player can move for only €25million", usually because they want the player to stay? :lol:

This.... £120m spent in less than a year - "we've skimped for far too long"! :wenger:
Should have specified Skimped on quality, but im too tired to argue a point across so ill just concede it was an aweful post an im totaly wrong great pickup.

Interesting stats, proves how good he is,him and Hummels (next year) would be my dream team, set for next 8 years at least:

Comparing the stats of Benatia v Hummels v Thiago Silva v Vidic v Terry over on @Squawka:

cpsLz.jpg
That pass completion stat is worth drooling about. Obligatory Youtube video time...

Notice: "No Significant Weaknesses" a la Vidal.

cpsLz.jpg

Hummels is a beast with those stats in such a short amount of gametime. They look very promising for Benatia too, I like the sound of this guy. But the ACON is a bit of a pain.

If both City and Barca have tried for him, and failed, then I don't hold up much hope that we'll be more successful. Especially with only three weeks of the transfer window left.

Barcelona made a bid of around 40 million, their director said you could get his left foot if you give that money.. And im talking in Euro's btw.

Walter Sabatini said he costs 61 million Euro's.
You mean Man City? I believe it was around 30 million but I could be wrong. That same director also said they would only consider selling Strootman if they receive a bid over a £100 million .. You hardly believe all that? If we bid £40million pounds they would be mad to reject it.

Benatia, Caudrado and Viydal?! Do we have a new scout in Italy or something.

Serie A is firmly ensconced well behind La Liga and the Prem and maybe behind the Bundesliga and Ligue 1 (certainly at the top), and unlike the Bundesliga or Ligue 1 which have PSG, Monaco, Bayern and Dortmund buying up all the talent, there's really no similar team in Serie A.

Serie A still produces great footballers, but now they don't all go to Milan or Juve. More will be going from teams like Inter, Roma, Napoli, Fiorentina, Lazio, Udinese, Torino to other leagues rather than just to Milan or Juve.

I have no idea why we don't sign more players at the status of Benatia at Udinese in 2012/13. He was up for a bunch of awards and teams of the year, losing out to Barzagli and Thiago Silva but I think he was pretty much seen as having outplayed the other center backs in Italy over the last couple of years.

I suppose that sort of "Just buy the best player from a team in a top league that finishes top 6" thinking does get you some Ashley Young types, though.

Not saying he will leave for 61 million but do you really thank half will bring him to us, if he was so cheap Barcelona, Bayern or City would have him atm.
You mean Man City? I believe it was around 30 million but I could be wrong. That same director also said they would only consider selling Strootman if they receive a bid over a £100 million .. You hardly believe all that? If we bid £40million pounds they would be mad to reject it.

Not saying he will leave for 61 million but do you really thank half will bring him to us, if he was so cheap Barcelona, Bayern or City would have him atm.
Well I wouldn't say he'll be cheap but surely a £40million will tempt them? Or at least get negotiations going? Woodward has been bragging about our financial strength, now would be a good time to prove it.

City bid as much as they could afford with FFP restrictions (£29m or so) and were knocked back and obviously switched to Mangala.

So a realistic fee would be around £35m. Think he'd definitely want the move as well given how Roma acted over his CL qualification pay rise or lack thereof. Right now he's only on about £35k/week wages. We could quadruple that comfortably.

Well I wouldn't say he'll be cheap but surely a £40million will tempt them? Or at least get negotiations going? Woodward has been bragging about our financial strength, now would be a good time to prove it.

I believe the Roma officials have stated earlier this summer that if an offer in the region of £35M+ came in they would consider selling him

I cannot stress enough how highly I rate this guy. I'd take him over Hummels honestly as I sometimes wonder whether Hummels lack of pace and tendency to get forward will actually be hindrances in the Premier League. From a purely defensive standpoint, Benatia is far better imo. I think I'd only rank Kompany and perhaps Chiellini ahead of him in that respect. Hummels is probably the better option as a ball playing defender. As much as I'd love to believe our interest is legitimate, I don't believe it is. There had been no links between him and Utd before yesterday. I think £30m would be a fair price for him. £35m and over is excessive (for any defender honestly).

Risk/Reward. It's worth it to pay premium on Fellaini and Berbatov(arguably flops) and Carrick and RVP(undeniably hits) when challenging for the title. For every Benitia, there are dozens of players who prove to be average.

cpsLz.jpg

When making these kind of comparisons always select the 'Show average per 90 mins' for a fairer and more objective comparison

The reported €35 mil ((£27 mil) price, by Di Marzio who is fairly reliable, sounds too low to be fair. Didn't Roma say City wouldn't even get a single leg for £30 mil or something along that line. In this inflated market a CB of his supposed quality should be at least worth £35 mil when you look at the prices Luiz and Mangala are going for. Roma don't really need to sell so I can't really see us getting him unless he really wants to join us and we break the bank for him.

Much better than Hummels IMO but as of yet there are no concrete links at all.

Now we are being linked with him instead of Hummels, he is a better player.

Now we are being linked with him instead of Hummels, he is a better player.

Hummel's is immense, but more a Rio, benatia is more in the Terry, Vidic mode, he has pace just see the way he handled hazard last year vs Chelsea

I would love both as then we could play 4 at the back

City didn't pull out for signing him because of the price. He was their backup target behind Mangala for whatever reason (probably age.) but Mangala had third party ownership issues and wanted a move to Chelsea more so they worked on both deals together till Mangala one was agreed and it's still been stalling.

Status
Not open for further replies.