Mehdi Benatia | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would prefer Benatia to Hummels tbh. More gettable too.

I've been hoping we'd go for Benatia for ages. Class act. He is two years older than Hummels though, but we'd be buying an experienced first team player which is exactly what we need. Someone who'll be the first name on the teamsheet in the tough games.

Would prefer Benatia to Hummels tbh. More gettable too.

I've been hoping we'd go for Benatia for ages. Class act. He is two years older than Hummels though, but we'd be buying an experienced first team player which is exactly what we need. Someone who'll be the first name on the teamsheet in the tough games.

I cant figure out why we dont go for Benetia..he is available for the right price and Woodie has made it known to the world we can cash to burn....so let it burn woodie!

Have so many people actually watched him play? Judging by the Serie A thread, I don't believe we have so many watchers and it's not like they saw him play in the CL or the WC.

Di Marzio and Mundo Deportivo both reporting our interest in Benatia...

I can´t think of any other available CB of the quality we should be looking at so it would make a lot of sense if we are in for him

This is more like it, attainable, relatively unknown to the general football fan and a brave instinctive defender. Make no mistake he'd still cost close to what Hummels would.

You will have to pay over 50 million to get him, is the best defender in the Serie A, and also got that title when Thiago Silva was still at Milan, he is one of the best defenders atm, defensively much better than Ramos.
This is more like it, attainable, relatively unknown to the general football fan and a brave instinctive defender. Make no mistake he'd still cost close to what Hummels would.

Just out of interest, does anyone know if he is left footed or right footed?

Right-footed. Roma wants 100m for Strootman, I don't think they will sell Benatia for a reasonable fee. He is like Strootman only one season there, so I don't think he will move now.

Di Marzio saying Roma want €35m euros
That is a bit of a bargain in comparison to some of the prices at the moment. (Mangala at £30m, Luiz at £50m, PSG wanting €40m for Marquinhos etc...)

He said that's what they'd be willing to start negotiations at, reckon it'd probably be closer to €40/45m if he actually went.

That is a bit of a bargain in comparison to some of the prices at the moment. (Mangala at £30m, Luiz at £50m, PSG wanting €40m for Marquinhos etc...)

They rejected that from Barca yesterday, don't think they'd sell him for anything.

£27.78m (€35m) doesn't seem unreasonable for a quality CB, excellent on the ball, with a lot of experience in a back 3. Worth noting the only people who are saying United are in for him are the Express though. If it was ever to happen, there would also be the Africa Cup of Nations issue.

I've not seen much of him but the little I have, looks really good. Wouldn't surprise me if we did make a move for him considering how quiet it's been on our side in terms of transfer news.

That sounds unusually vague from di Marzio. He doesn't actually say anything to imply we are interested. Just asks a rhetorical question.

True, thought I was the only who picked that up. There is one thing he's firm about in that article, and that's what Roma is willing to sell for. Could it be that he's been briefed from the Roma side in an attempt to up the price?

He said that's what they'd be willing to start negotiations at, reckon it'd probably be closer to €40/45m if he actually went.

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calc...d-havent-made-an-offer-for-romas-benatia-yet/

That's the translation from Di Marzio, they want at least 35 million euros, so it will be more likely and we haven't made a bid or probably not even interested.
How does this work?

"We want at least €35mil"

"Ok, we'll give you €35mil"

"No, we want €40mil..."

I'd rather go for Bonucci if we're gunna raid a cb in Italy.

Why? Benatia's been arguably the best CB in the league for 2 years now & Bonucci isn't even Juve's best centre back, he's only been better than Barzagli this season, nevermind Chiellini.

That sounds unusually vague from di Marzio. He doesn't actually say anything to imply we are interested. Just asks a rhetorical question.
True, thought I was the only who picked that up. There is one thing he's firm about in that article, and that's what Roma is willing to sell for. Could it be that he's been briefed from the Roma side in an attempt to up the price?

Reading that Di Marzio also saying Roma are pursuing Balanta who is a CB. Might very well be that he was briefed.

Reading that Di Marzio also saying Roma are pursuing Balanta who is a CB. Might very well be that he was briefed.
Could make sense. Using us to drum up interest with a chance of genuinely getting our interest.

Didn't City go for this lad, before giving up and moving for Mangela instead?

Roma must be demanding a lot more then €35mil.

Didn't City go for this lad, before giving up and moving for Mangela instead?

Roma must be demanding a lot more then €35mil.

Roma are excellent negotiators. Spent €1,5m on Marquinhos and sold him for €31,5m. They're not gunna sell yet another massive player at the same position for anything less than €30m

Status
Not open for further replies.