McTominay (Out) | announced - signed for Napoli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace of Spades

Galatasaray are rumored to be in for him. Last year contract + optional year.

Good time to sell.

They can't afford his left bollock

Keep

Against the bigger teams we need to stop playing Bruno Fernandes in a midfield 3 because it just so so obviously doesn't work. Need 3 proper CM's against these teams and I thought McTominay did that well when United actually did it for once in the FA Cup Final.

Can't see them paying enough in either transfer fee or wages. He's easily worth 25 Million + and you have to factor in he's probably on about 70-80k a week and will be looking for a nice bumper contract with him being 27 (28 in Dec)

I think it will be a West Ham/Fulham if he goes.

Can't see that at all.

He's one of our very few expendable players that actually has a solid reputation outside of our fan base. In fact he's probably rated higher by non Utd fans who won't watch every single detail of his game. I genuinely think based on the prices that have gone around for other players that we'd be daft to ask for anything less than £40/45m.

He is nowhere near good enough for a starting XI but I would keep him purely for a game where in the last 10 minutes we are trying to see out a game or desperate for a goal. Not as a backup starter though.

If an offer of £25M+ comes in, then sell.

Knowing these clubs, they’ll offer something silly and pathetic like 8M euros with 1M achievable add ons. They can piss off with that if that’s the price

Definitely sell nothing more than an impact player under Eth.

Keep

Against the bigger teams we need to stop playing Bruno Fernandes in a midfield 3 because it just so so obviously doesn't work. Need 3 proper CM's against these teams and I thought McTominay did that well when United actually did it for once in the FA Cup Final.

One good game and an agreeable statement about Bruno doesn't mean we should keep McTominay.

He does a great Tom Cleverley impression of positioning himself so he can't receive the ball for most of any given match, he can't really tackle that well, he's not got an eye for a pass, he's only got a few goals in his locker as a positive. We need to get rid of players like this that are so obviously not good enough.

He is nowhere near good enough for a starting XI but I would keep him purely for a game where in the last 10 minutes we are trying to see out a game or desperate for a goal. Not as a backup starter though.

If an offer of £25M+ comes in, then sell.

100% agree

Not a player we need to title challenge even as a squad player, I'd say we sell.

Keep him unless we can get a £20m+ offer which is realistically only going to come from a Premier League team.

Galatasaray seem to have the ability to sign players at well below their market value though so won't be surprised if we agree on a £3m fee with them.

We should sell, but there is 0 chance Galatasaray are gonna pay an acceptable fee. I can only see him moving to another PL team at the moment.

I think Zirkzee has probably taken his role and he’ll go this summer. I actually have mixed feelings. Last season was his best by far and he’s likeable but he’s so limited on the ball and isn’t any good at winning the ball either. He’s a Fellaini plan B lump it into him and hope for the best. I hope he finds a good club and he has a really good career. He’s done his best here and deserves our best wishes but we need a higher technical level across the board

I think Zirkzee has probably taken his role and he’ll go this summer. I actually have mixed feelings. Last season was his best by far and he’s likeable but he’s so limited on the ball and isn’t any good at winning the ball either. He’s a Fellaini plan B lump it into him and hope for the best. I hope he finds a good club and he has a really good career. He’s done his best here and deserves our best wishes but we need a higher technical level across the board
This entirely. It's time for all of us to move on, he's a hinderance to us advancing and he won't get the minutes he needs at the peak of his career.

Can only see him staying in the UK though.

One good game and an agreeable statement about Bruno doesn't mean we should keep McTominay.

He does a great Tom Cleverley impression of positioning himself so he can't receive the ball for most of any given match, he can't really tackle that well, he's not got an eye for a pass, he's only got a few goals in his locker as a positive. We need to get rid of players like this that are so obviously not good enough.
Well I don't mind selling him if they get a direct replacement, but we already need a bunch of other signings before worrying about replacing players we already have. And the fee McTominay would get is not likely to be enough to reinvest well.

We aren't stacked in CM. Casemiro isn't going to be a regular. Mount is ineffective in central midfield and better higher up. Eriksen isn't at the level he was. Mainoo is still a teenager. McTominay is the least of the concerns. I also rate McTominay against what others think. I'd rather keep him.

Any players worth taking as a player + cash? Can't imagine they can offer what he's worth otherwise

He wasn't good in that game anyway. Bruno was deeper than him, made more passes, and won more duels. He also had 5 tackles to 0 from Scott. Nothing in that game from him resembled a proper CM.

If everyone is fit then obviously McT does not have a position in the starting 11, whether he goes or stays is very much dependant on several factors, obviously the first thing is that somebody has show an interest in buying him and for a decent price, the second things is what role McT is willing to accept, if he is happy to sit on the bench and pick up bits and bobs, then he is a very useful player who can fill in in numerous positions from defence through to striker, it is easy to underestimate the value of good squad players, losing a player who is capable of bringing the number of goals that McT did last year would have an impact.

We should sell, but there is 0 chance Galatasaray are gonna pay an acceptable fee. I can only see him moving to another PL team at the moment.

PL clubs are the only ones that would pay more than 15-20m for him.

We should sell him for the right offer if we get it but we rejected West Ham's £30m bid for McTominay last summer. If we accept an offer it should ideally be around the £35-40m bracket, I can't see Galatasaray getting anywhere near that.

We should sell him for the right offer if we get it but we rejected West Ham's £30m bid for McTominay last summer. If we accept an offer it should ideally be around the £35-40m bracket, I can't see Galatasaray getting anywhere near that.

Gala two top transfers are 17m€ for Jardel way back then and 15m€ more recently.
They're prolly offering 8 I reckon.

To think we rejected £35m.

People like Gallagher and Mount who don't affect games nearly as much as McTominay have been going for upwards of £40m. We need to take advantage of the good rep he has thanks to his goalscoring for us and exploits for Scotland.

Sell. We can’t be sentimental and he’s not good enough for the ambitions we need to be going for. Time to cash in and move on to players who are better on the ball and off it.

People like Gallagher and Mount who don't affect games nearly as much as McTominay have been going for upwards of £40m. We need to take advantage of the good rep he has thanks to his goalscoring for us and exploits for Scotland.
We were the only team dumb enough to spend that on Mount and no one has bought Gallagher.

We were the only team dumb enough to spend that on Mount and no one has bought Gallagher.

Still could happen. My point is if he's done those things at another club they're demanding that sort of fee for him. Letting him go for cheap when his stock is quite high with those outside of Utd would be silly.

I'd sell him for £5.

Him not being in the starting 11 will be indispensable.

under no circumstances should we be keeping him on

Add to the fact we will benefit hugely from his sale its an absolute no brainer.

Never has or will be good enough and itll be a sign this club are starting to act serious if they move him on.

Can't see that at all.

He's one of our very few expendable players that actually has a solid reputation outside of our fan base. In fact he's probably rated higher by non Utd fans who won't watch every single detail of his game. I genuinely think based on the prices that have gone around for other players that we'd be daft to ask for anything less than £40/45m.
Agree with all this. Also, his salary should be workable with almost every team in the PL that we can ask for at least £40m for him.

If we are serious about making forward strides we have to move on. He's 28 this year and is not good enough as a midfielder. This squad player who seems to start more often than not and put in 5 abysmal performances that no one notices but everybody raves about him if he scores in the sixth.

He gets us pure profit and will never be more valuable than now. One of his roles will probably been taken over by Zirkzee and that just leaves him getting games as a pure midfielder, which by going on evidence of over 200 appearances as United, he surely isn't equipped to deliver.

It might come down to a choice of Amrabat or McTominay, if we can get a decent fee for McTominay that would be the sensible option.

He has the right mentality and attitude, and his wages are supposedly quite low. Unfortunately, he is nowhere near good enough, even as a squad player. If an offer of £25 million comes, I'd sell.

It’s a no brainer to sell for 30m give or take, can’t give him a new contract and although he did score some important goals last season his all round performances were really poor the vast majority of the time.

His contract situation and fact he turns 28 this year means this is the last chance to cash in. Give him a new contract on the 100k plus wages he’d demand and he would make unsellable. Invest the money in a decent midfielder and we’ll be better off.

He’s going to get a new contract guys. Don’t do this to yourselves

Status
Not open for further replies.