Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick08

To be fair to City, they have done it quite well. Nobody challenged them for most of their players. The likes of Aguero, Silva, Kompany, Ederson, Fernandinho, Bernardo, Sane, De Bruyne etc... they basically had a free run at most of them. They could offer them wages and paid fees, no clubs were interested in to match or go toe to toe from the start. Same for Liverpool with Fabinho, Keita, Mane, Salah, Van Dijk, Firmino or Alisson. W
Because we kept idle for most of them including when real Madrid were rebuilding as well. The boards attitude let them build at our own teams expense. This level of stupidity and own sabotage is the one of the main reasons why we have fallen down from elite team status and find ourselves in this situation.

If that same attitude continue we won't get back to the level we should be at. It's time we pull our weight in transfer market.

cyberman

PSG always offer money though, its playing in France that's the problem for them.
Unless he has also said he admires French football as a kid?

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
“Does it matter which club you sign for?” What a stupid question that is. I doubt he’d go to PSG anyway, yes the money is great but the standard of that league is pretty poor. Plus competing with Kimpembe Marquinhos Silva

Infra-red

How much longer do we have to wait?
There will be weeks more wrangling ahead, with Raiola ensuring he maximises his fee by encouraging a bidding war between all the clubs involved.

Ultimately, Barcelona will probably prevail over PSG and the rest, but for a massively inflated financial package (vs the one they're offering now).

George The Best

This is getting bonkers. PSG will blow away everyone with their offer.
Quite possibly, but if so what does it say about his ambition? Win the French League for the next 10 years, come up short in CL every year - get banged to rights over FFP and face CL bans/Points Deductions etc. Sure they will pay the earth, if they can avoid FFP, but it must be one of the worst leagues in Europe. Not going to test him much every week is it? Maybe he just wants a comfortable & wealthy life. Shame if that’s the case for a massive talent.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think he'll either go to Barca or United.

I can't imagine him playing in a one horse race in France.

Suv666

I know he's not coming but now I'm a bit invested in this saga and would be devestated when he inevitably joins Barca. Thank you muppets.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

I don’t want to be completely defeatist but would you rather be on the only horse in a one house race or on the 6th horse in a 4 house race?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This Dutch kid got a lot of hate from PSG fans for saying this..

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I don’t want to be completely defeatist but would you rather be on the only horse in a one house race or on the 6th horse in a 4 house race?
We will be going into the season with the mindset as one of the four. And I'd rather be one of the four in the best league than win a title that is basically sewn up before the season starts.

Canagel

If PSG is on the scene there's no point to speculate anymore. They will spend the money and offer CL.

Sterling Archer

Agreed. The kid has too much sensibility to go stall his career at PSG. It's going to be United, because he'll go straight into the lineup in a league he loves.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
PSG already have too many CBs. Going for De Ligt makes zero sense for them which means they are definitely going to go after him.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Depends if we are planning on playing the same season every year?

We all know we finished 6th last season. Let's not act as if it's something we have done consistently :boring:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Agreed. The kid has too much sensibility to go stall his career at PSG. It's going to be United, because he'll go straight into the lineup in a league he loves.
I think we'll sign him if it's between us and PSG. I'm actually quite confident.

Patrick08

We will be going into the season with the mindset as one of the four. And I'd rather be one of the four in the best league than win a title that is basically sewn up before the season starts.
Not everyone wants to play in France.

redshaw

Depends if we are planning on playing the same season every year?

We all know we finished 6th last season. Let's not act as if it's something we have done consistently :boring:
7th 5th 6th and 6th in the last six 6 years is quite consistent.

Hamadovich86

It's insane to me that people believe he'll sign for United. Other than Pogba we have not managed to buy a top tier player in their prime. I have no faith in our management to pull this off even with all the money in the world , add to that the lack of Champions League football which cant help our chances. I think he'll end up at PSG or Barcelona when it's all set and done.

Irrational.

Must be miserable being a PSG fan. Watching Ligue 1 matches every weekend. Yikes.
I know right.

Like watching a cat play with a dead mouse.

Imagine having Mbappe up front and De Ligt at the back in a dead league, knowing that the club haven't had to use a penny of their own self-generated income. Absolutely no sense of achievement, no matter what they go on to do or what records they go on to break.

Status
Not open for further replies.