Mason Mount's Many Misfortunes

We definitely are weaker with Mount in midfield than Eriksen.

Even if that's mostly down to the suicidal system, we still look weaker.

Eriksen was obviously poor off the ball but at least he sat back, could take the ball off the defence, turn and pass it forward. Now we've just got dead space in the middle of the pitch that no one can pass into.

Eriksen is still here, he can play without worries for a period now, that Mount got injured.

In what way are we weaker than last season?

I said arguably.

Onana is an improvement on De Gea, but we sold Fred and brought in Mount - and I think Fred is closer to the profile we need in midfield than Mount is. We also don’t have Sabitzer’s cover.

Hojlund - though I’m hoping he’ll smash it, is an unknown quantity as of now.

I said arguably.

Onana is an improvement on De Gea, but we sold Fred and brought in Mount - and I think Fred is closer to the profile we need in midfield than Mount is. We also don’t have Sabitzer’s cover.

Hojlund - though I’m hoping he’ll smash it, is an unknown quantity as of now.
Fred pressed pretty well but had a tendency to give the ball away in dangerous positions on a regular basis and was just erratic in general in possession.
I think Mount can be trusted more with the ball and presses just as well, he'll be an upgrade when the team implements the tactics properly.

Fred pressed pretty well but had a tendency to give the ball away in dangerous positions on a regular basis and was just erratic in general in possession.
I think Mount can be trusted more with the ball and presses just as well, he'll be an upgrade when the team implements the tactics properly.

Well, Mount doesn't even get on the ball enough to do that.

He made 21 passes against Wolves and 14 against Spurs. Fred averaged 53 passes a game per 90 last season.

He made 21 passes against Wolves and 14 against Spurs. Fred averaged 53 passes a game per 90 last season.
Maybe we should pass him the ball more then?
Numbers obviously don't look good but it has only been 2 games, with different tactics and Fred was playing deeper for the most part.

It's lazy to just pick a number out and make a conclusion based on that, look at why.
The same with the tackles, people seem to take as him not doing anything. If you look at the turnovers from pressing in the two games though, he has tended to be heavily involved.

EtH isn't suicidal, Mount is incredibly flexible tactically and he'll come good. He's going to be great for us once we sort out a system that works.

Weghorts ran his ass off every time he played for us. Running around means absolutely nothing when you can't do anything with the ball. Mount made like 14 passes, had 26 touches and made no tackles when played in the central midfield position. What is even the point of running around madly? Can't Fred have done exactly the same thing?
He is very strong on the ball, press resistant, great defensively etc. How the feck can you compare all that to Weghorst? He wasn't great in first two games, but blaming him for our bad play and losses is mind boggling and hate agenda against the lad.

Some are already planning his replacement after two games. The lunacy as at an all-time high!

I think the incosistent of United wingers. Garnacho and Antony in the first 2 games have something to say. Plus a not top performance from Casemiro in the first games.

If Rashford get back as LW and Høljund or Martial play upfront. Eriksen in against team United shall dominate. A more natural cm player. Then i think it will help the team a bit.

The combinations of United XI doesn't suit each others or need a lot of time to get gel and suit each others.

So that are some of the reasons i think.

Doesn't suit each others and need a lot of time together. To suit each others.

I know it's really unfair of me to judge him on 2 games... But I'm kinda relived he won't be playing for a while and we have to change this stupid formation around a bit.

It’s rancid how many on here wanted him to fail before he even kicked a ball for us.

I know it's difficult to believe if you've watched our first few games, but to say he hasn't kicked a ball at all is a bit harsh and exaggerated.

I'm sure I've seen a couple. At least.

Mount played badly, what did I miss?!? I think he played decent.

Oh, wait, he’s the new scapegoat. Replacing him will fix everything instantly.

Mount played badly, what did I miss?!? I think he played decent.

Oh, wait, he’s the new scapegoat. Replacing him will fix everything instantly.
Nothing. There are just imbeciles trying to prematurely writing him off.

Well, he's had over 12 months and £400 million to get his team passing the ball like a competent football team. If Pep had taken over United last summer, there's no way we'd still be this bad at retaining possession of a football.

Might have helped that Pep had prime Fernandinho, D. Silva and De Bruyne when he first arrived at city.

Like Martinez. I remember arguing about his aerial ability.
Well, his aerial ability is poor. He's been a successful signing despite that so that might not be the best example you could have brought up.

Mount is being asked to play a more advanced position so he could press and win back possession. It’s not surprising he’s not seeing much of the ball at this point. It seems our full backs are being asked to cover the gaps in midfield, which would be unfamiliar to Shaw, AWB and Dalot. Let’s give it some time, the first half against Spurs was very positive and we were generating chances but failed to finish.

We definitely are weaker with Mount in midfield than Eriksen.

Even if that's mostly down to the suicidal system, we still look weaker.

Eriksen was obviously poor off the ball but at least he sat back, could take the ball off the defence, turn and pass it forward. Now we've just got dead space in the middle of the pitch that no one can pass into.
Weaker yet have three more points than the same period as last season??