Mason Mount | Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I don't know why people keep saying playing him out wide is a good idea.

Why do we want wide players with average pace and no ability to beat anyone? Wide is a dynamic position, you need skill, athleticism. They're not there to just do a job. They're supposed to win you games of football. If Mount is a starting attacker we're in a heck of a lot of trouble. This is supposed to be United, the front three have to all worry the opposition (and yes Antony has to step it up massively in this respect)

By the same logic any attacking midfielder must be flexible to play wide just because they can pass the ball and control it. He's got to be an 8 or a 10 I reckon.

Its pretty fecking funny he says "you deserve more than a written statement” as he is obviously reading off a teleprompter why even bother having the pretense in the first place haha

Its pretty fecking funny he says "you deserve more than a written statement” as he is obviously reading off a teleprompter why even bother having the pretense in the first place haha
I quite liked the sentiment.

Pretty much. If you have to show United fans youtube videos explaining “what is Mason Mount good at” just to explain why he’s good, it’s probably not a good sign.
I’m not sure anyone cares about these videos. People see the game in very different ways and most of them don’t give a shit what anyone else thinks no matter how “well” it is explained to them.

There was some relevant reminiscing of the time we signed Carrick in this thread. Many were underwhelmed and you can still find plenty of people on here who think he was / is overrated. Mount will get a similar reception and assessment, I think, because he is an unspectacular team player.

The people who don’t get Mount are some of the same people who thought Lampard and Gerrard could make it work. They’re not wrong, they’re just seeing the game in a particular way.

I’m not sure anyone cares about these videos. People see the game in very different ways and most of them don’t give a shit what anyone else thinks no matter how “well” it is explained to them.

There was some relevant reminiscing of the time we signed Carrick in this thread. Many were underwhelmed and you can still find plenty of people on here who think he was / is overrated. Mount will get a similar reception and assessment, I think, because he is an unspectacular team player.

The people who don’t get Mount are some of the same people who thought Lampard and Gerrard could make it work. They’re not wrong, they’re just seeing the game in a particular way.

I’ll keep an open mind, I’ve just never seen it with Mount. Happy to be proved wrong.

i’d imagine it’s a lot like when your wife leaves you for a younger, fitter, more successful and attractive man. you can still feel sad about it but you love her that much that it’s also nice to think of how happy she is when he’s pumping her full of his seed and meeting her every need and desire. and you’ve still got your dingy bedsit and benefit money, and no one can take that away from you. except the tories, who are means testing you next wednesday.
:lol: :lol:

I’ll keep an open mind, I’ve just never seen it with Mount. Happy to be proved wrong.
Oh, I agree, I’ve never paid much attention to him and have never been impressed.

We need to see what he does in the team and how it influences how we play.

I didn’t see the fuss about Rice until I started watching him carefully. First few games when Mount comes in I’m going into Mount-cam mode, if I can stand it. We’ll see, I suppose.

If Liverpool were signing him they’d be hailing him as a more successful Paul Gascogne

He even has the Gazza haircut now

One thing from watching his assists is that the vast majority of them came from his corners. Not sure if that's good or bad. The lack of open play assists is a little concerning.

I feel like we've signed a young Tom Cleverley.

Edit: Is he even that young? :lol:

People will be surprised he’s way better than they’re expecting. He’s easily been one of Chelsea’s best players over the last 3 years and the vast majority of their fans are gutted he’s leaving.

Bet he ends up being a good signing

This signing is like a bad dream.

1. Does not improve the first team
  2. Does not have a real position
  3. Isn't consistent
  4. Highest level is only slightly above average
  5. He's never been a CM
I've not been this underwhelmed by a signing since Antonio Valencia.

he is fantastic signing and improves our first team, this simply isn’t true. We suddenly have a pretty decent midfield with a massive workrate. Something we have missed in a long time. He matches Bruno for work rate

That video announcement sounds a bit cold. Professional, but not really emotional, like a formality he wanted to be over quickly.

That video announcement sounds a bit cold. Professional, but not really emotional, like a formality he wanted to be over quickly.
Tricky though. Probably had to do something but can’t be too over the top when you’re going to be the new face in a different dressing room.

dyed hair? do not want....what a failure already

That is old footage he has dark hair again,just look at those leaked pictures outside of his hotel today to see it's changed since his summer holiday

This signing is like a bad dream.

1. Does not improve the first team
  2. Does not have a real position
  3. Isn't consistent
  4. Highest level is only slightly above average
  5. He's never been a CM
I've not been this underwhelmed by a signing since Antonio Valencia.

Oh won't you be fun in the match threads absolutely hammering every time he plays

i’d imagine it’s a lot like when your wife leaves you for a younger, fitter, more successful and attractive man. you can still feel sad about it but you love her that much that it’s also nice to think of how happy she is when he’s pumping her full of his seed and meeting her every need and desire. and you’ve still got your dingy bedsit and benefit money, and no one can take that away from you. except the tories, who are means testing you next wednesday.
Will you please, for the love of god, stop reading the emails to my therapist.

:lol:

Warming to this more and more be interesting to see how he and Bruno would fit in the same team.

Status
Not open for further replies.