Height: 181cm
Position: Midfield - Attacking Midfield
Squad Number: #7
Foot: Right
Player Agent: Relatives
Contract Expires: Jun 30, 2028
Contract Option: Club Option 1 year
Outfitter: Nike​

Really hope he can have an injury free year. I think he has something to contribute for us, there is a player in there.

Really hope he can have an injury free year. I think he has something to contribute for us, there is a player in there.

Definitely this. He will be limited with Bruno playing most of the games in his position but hope he stay injury free and help contribute to the team more this season

It's like a new signing!

You are saying it sarcastically but it really will be like a new singing if he could stay fit. But I still don't know the reason or the position he was brought in to play. Can't see him get starts ahead of Mainoo or Bruno.

You are saying it sarcastically but it really will be like a new singing if he could stay fit. But I still don't know the reason or the position he was brought in to play. Can't see him get starts ahead of Mainoo or Bruno.

Bruno is going to need more rest this season than before. We saw how much it affected his game having to play every single minute last season, and it would affect any player, not just him. It's also in our interest to sub him off more often to conserve his energy and bring on fresh legs against tired opposition. There will also be a lot of games where Mainoo needs rest. He's 19 and can't play 50 games a season, that would be ridiculous and we would be making the same mistake Barcelona have been doing for years with their youth players. But yeah, I just can't see ten Hag doing it myself, even if it would be better for the team. He is too reliant on his starting lineup.

Reactions: 711
I think we'll be moving to a 4-3-3, and Mount will likely compete/rotate with Mainoo, Bruno and McTominay as the 8s.

People forget what a good player he actually is. He’s had to deal with some serious fitness problems the last year or so, but if he can get back on track health wise, then he is a fantastic rotational player for us. He has enough quality to genuinely be competing for starting spot. And we need so much more of that….genuine competition for places.

I am hoping he gets a fresh start this season and can stay injury free. If he gets back to his best, then he’ll be a really good player for us.

Ah, he's returned to training. Must be why the Neves links have died off.

I really hope he can stay fit. I think he could be a very valuable squad member who can play various midfield positions, center and wide as well as a second striker. He is technically good, has a good engine, can score and create. It would be a step in the right direction having this kind player pushing the first eleven.

He has the life expectancy of someone born in the 1700s.

Let’s remember that MM is on £250k a week - therefore he needs to become more than a squad member.

We paid £50m + gave him ridiculous salary. He really needs to deliver something back this season.

He will get plenty of opportunities early in the season as a lot of players will be coming back very late to pre season so he will have plenty of minutes to showcase what he can offer.

Irks me he was given the number 7 shirt

Squad player at best, not a terrible or poor player. Hope he stays fit and has impact. Still think he was one of the dumbest signings in the past 10 years.

Don't see him having any significant impact in the upcoming season. Nothing to do with his attributes specifically but rather the profile of player he is, Erik will almost certainly dislodge his attempts to reinforce the failed system he applied last season. Mount can't play the role of central midfield efficiently and thrives in the same position Bruno occupies, basically a less extreme extent of donny van der beek.

Its been a year and still no one has any idea of where he fits in. He is not back up to Bruno. He was bought as an 8. So Mainoo and Mount. Is that going to work?

Its been a year and still no one has any idea of where he fits in. He is not back up to Bruno. He was bought as an 8. So Mainoo and Mount. Is that going to work?

I like Mount but I’ve never seen him play anywhere near the level of Mainoo.

Predicament.

The most pointless signing we've made in the post Fergie era. Doesn't improve us and we paid stupid money for him. Hopefully we get rid next summer.

Feel like that shirt has lost all it's meaning. Maybe that's a good thing for those with it.

It’s been a disaster since Ronaldo left the first time. Robson, Cantona, Beckham, Ronaldo, made it our most legendary number. Best, too. Owen and Valencia were both fine professionals but not up to the legacy of the previous owners, although there perhaps wasn’t an obvious player in the squad to take it on at that point.

Then we really tried to build it back with three absolute diasters in Di Maria, Mephis Depay, and and Alexis Sanchez. You might think the shirt is cursed. Cavani was fine with it, and Ronaldo part 2.. he was always going to get it. The difference with Mount is that this time we do have a more obvious #7 in the squad that might’ve been better off with it (Garnacho). I can only imagine Ten Hag made the choice and didn’t give a feck whether the shirt had history or not. And truthfully it doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things, but the #7 clearly does mean a lot to a great many of our fans.

Irks me he was given the number 7 shirt
Same. Even if he was a brilliant CM it would bother me a bit. I suppose it worked on Robbo, but I like that number on an attacking player. Garnacho would be the best fit of the current squad.

A midfield trio of Mainoo, Mount and Bruno would not work. I think he'll just have to be a Bruno back up.

A midfield trio of Mainoo, Mount and Bruno would not work. I think he'll just have to be a Bruno back up.

Yeah, only way to shoehorn those 3 into the same starting XI would be to stick one of Bruno or Mount on the wing

I guess the real question is if a midfield 3 of <DM>, Mount and Bruno would actually work. This was the reason why we signed the guy in the first place.

If Mount is fit, there isn't that much between him and Bruno. He would work better with Mainoo too imo.
However, if we're going to continue playing "flip of the coin" / "high risk high reward" football, because in that case it's Bruno all day long.

I don't think he's a bad player by any means but his injury record is extremely worrying. If he doesn't kick on this year we should sell.