Mason Greenwood | Please be respectful and stay on topic | Factual updates only

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It absolute nonsense though, nothing in the article pints him as an abnormal teenager at all.
Which part makes him abnormal?

It was a nothing piece desperate to get in on the MG story and attract clicks, and it worked a treat.
I know you’re talking about the article but when you have him skipping court appointed bail conditions on top of breaking covid restrictions to party etc, it paints a picture of someone who is either very immature or of low intelligence because they appear to think that they can keep doing as they like

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
He’s gone and it’s a FANTASTIC decision. Move on lads.
Thing is that he hasnt actually gone yet.
There is less than 48hrs left of the PL transfer window and, if the club don't find him a new deal, then what happens?

Some countries have a longer window so the likes of Greece, Turkey, Saudi Arabia are still possible but with a new baby is the family ready to make that kind of move?
He of course has to agree to any move so it's not as easy as finding any club that wants him and despite the negative publicity, I think there will be many who are willing to take a chance on his talent but maybe not in England.

Not clear the moment if the club are trying to sell (would anyone buy him?) or just loan and are we trying to get a fee or offering for free?

I guess things will become clearer in a few days

Last edited:

Doracle

I don’t think we will seek any fee. We just ideally want him off the books and not to have to keep paying him I imagine.

The most likely scenario is he gets loaned out and we continue to pay a large proportion of his wages for the next two years I suspect.

I know you’re talking about the article but when you have him skipping court appointed bail conditions on top of breaking covid restrictions to party etc, it paints a picture of someone who is either very immature or of low intelligence because they appear to think that they can keep doing as they like
Actually, I think the breaking of bail conditions and the subsequent pregnancy likely paints a much darker picture of something more sophisticated.
I don’t see that as immature behaviour at all, nor of low intelligence, quite the opposite in fact, incredibly manipulative.

Controlling, coercive and abusive behaviour is far from immature or of low intelligence.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Actually, I think the breaking of bail conditions and the subsequent pregnancy likely paints a much darker picture of something more sophisticated.
I don’t see that as immature behaviour at all, nor of low intelligence, quite the opposite in fact, incredibly manipulative.

Controlling, coercive and abusive behaviour is far from immature or of low intelligence.
Always a possibility. Bad PR advice?

Doracle

It could also be immature. If they had “made up” they might have decided that the bail conditions didn’t really matter - in the same way he previously ignored covid restrictions. Based on what we know, I tend to agree that the other explanation is more likely though.

It could also be immature. If they had “made up” they might have decided that the bail conditions didn’t really matter - in the same way he previously ignored covid restrictions. Based on what we know, I tend to agree that the other explanation is more likely though.
I don’t think we know either way, and it looks likely we’ll never know the full story unless it’s in a ”tell all” many years from now.

Yorke to Cole

Excluding "skipping court", you could have been talking about Boris Johnson

George Bright

Or just an inseparable couple in a toxic relationship?
I don't get why people assume the girlfriend is a moron.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
[
I don’t think we will seek any fee. We just ideally want him off the books and not to have to keep paying him I imagine.

The most likely scenario is he gets loaned out and we continue to pay a large proportion of his wages for the next two years I suspect.
And in that scenario we are obviously better off just releasing him rather than subsidise and then lose on a free in 2yrs. we don't know if this possibility has been explored and if it has which side has rejected it.

But yes loan is most likely, it's possible someone in say Italy/Turkey/etc would pay all his wages too - he's not on a huge deal at around £75k.

Erics_Collar

That's around £11,500 a week.

He's currently on £75,000 and with his projectory before all this, I'm sure he wouldnt be far off negotiating for between double and triple that amount.

Maybe now the repercussions will hit home for him!

Raoul

Admin
Staff

He's currently on £75,000 and with his projectory before all this, I'm sure he wouldnt be far off negotiating for between double and triple that amount.

Can't see the player opting to reduce his wages by 85% when he could decline it and remain on contract until a better offer comes in. Unless of course United release him, which would mean he could find a club that pays far more than that (especially given the recent Middle East transfer binge).

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon

:lol: lazio

crossy1686

career ending

I think he probably accepts he's starting from the bottom here and he'd be very lucky to get a move to Italy's top flight if it does indeed happen.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft

A free transfer. Jesus wept. Club ran by the opinions of Rachel Riley.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
A free transfer. Jesus wept. Club ran by the opinions of Rachel Riley.
Club should've made a decision - one way or another - at the beginning of the summer and stuck to it.

Instead they invited a PR firestorm just as the window was about to close, and now they're about to write down what was once a 100m asset as a result.

saivet

Club should've made a decision - one way or another - at the beginning of the summer and stuck to it.

Instead they invited a PR firestorm just as the window was about to close, and now they're about to write down what was once a 100m asset as a result.
I think even a u-turn at the start of the summer would have United, interested clubs and Greenwood with enough time to sort things out properly.

Cloud7

:lol:
Italian club offers never disappoint. If true, I do wonder if he will take them up on that offer.

flappyjay

Considering what's happened that's a great deal. All he has to do is play well and he will eventually get another big contract, he is still 21 after all.

FerociousCorgis

just go with a loan option and hope that he can be an asset to sell next season. Or in the dark world where a qatar takeover comes and they dont care about PR from before and see him scoring like 20 goals or something and decide to bring him back in (like the original plan was it seems)

Mainoldo

just go with a loan option and hope that he can be an asset to sell next season. Or in the dark world where a qatar takeover comes and they dont care about PR from before and see him scoring like 20 goals or something and decide to bring him back in (like the original plan was it seems)
We can dream Qatar comes in!!

redcucumber

Not getting dragged into a debate about Corbyn again, bit me in the bum last time (didn’t it @Solius?!! :D) but in my book that’s not a reason to dislike her.
Why not? There are loads of idiots in the media/on Twitter that get hate for espousing shithead destructive political opinions. She's no different.

MUFC OK

Pretty sure Riley will leave if Qatar takes over. A win win in my book
Would be a huge win.

She can thank Vorderman for the fact that the countdown host's view is an opinion that people give a shit about in our strange society :rolleyes:

Personally don't have much time for a Tory multi-millionaire who supports apartheid Israel.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
:drool:
(Also amusing how much she riles some of you up just by existing and having an opinion!)
Think it’s more to do with her being a Tory, vocal Israel supporter who made vile, false accusations on Jeremy Corbyn which in turn fecked our country over further.

But you carry on mate.

Anyway, aside from anything to do with Greenwood -

Imagine earning 700k a year playing CL footy and it being viewed as a ‘crap deal’ for you…

Insane where football has come to.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
How the feck is the plan not getting him a loan move to navigate the storm and reestablish market value to sell him next summer, if that's indeed what the club wants to do?

Anyhow, what happens if he gets no club before midnight? When does the Turkish window close?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
He couldn't say anything else. I'd personally be very surprised if he plays for England again, but who knows.
If (and it's a big if after this long out) he manages to get back to the same level he played before his suspension then he'll surely be back in the England squad one day