Mason Greenwood | Officially a Marseille player

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way I could ever see him being worked back in is through a very stage-managed in-house interview - a sit down with some respectable female interviewer, where he talks about his mistakes and recklessness in a very open way, as well as about fatherhood and his relationship then fronts some big club led educational campaign towards young men. Even then, it would require the alleged victim in all this to be on board with such a thing, and would probably feel too artificial for many in any case - if the context of those original clips and audio are what we have been so far presented with. Deeply cynical of course, but how the world operates. My own take would be to hope he has a good loan spell and sell him for whatever we can get. Along with Sancho.

Charges dropped despite intense media pressure for prosecution. The fact is that you don't know all the details of the case and the cops and the people involved do. They chose not to proceed. The pictures aren't even that bad and the lip one is just weird. it's clear she was hacked and the material released against her will. But no, lets burn him at the stake.

Hyperbole and bollocks on here? Well I never.

Imagine still being at the ‘police dropped the charges you don’t know all the details’ stage of logic in your head. Those neural pathways having a proper chill out the last couple years.

I've never "allegedly" beaten up my partner.

I'd class a mistake is maybe getting a bit of drunk or even doing a line or two of cocaine. Not domestic violence. Unless further evidence comes out that those images were somehow faked, I don't want him anywhere near the club.

Let's also be honest. If a random under 23 (with no hope of being a regular first teamer) player had been accused of what he's been accused of, nobody on here would be talking about second chances. This thread would have died in March and we'd all just be getting on with our lives.
Allegedly, exactly. He was never charged and the gf never went against him. Quite the opposite, they are still together.

Imagine still being at the ‘police dropped the charges you don’t know all the details’ stage of logic in your head. Those neural pathways having a proper chill out the last couple years.
And she forgave him too.

Charges dropped despite intense media pressure for prosecution. The fact is that you don't know all the details of the case and the cops and the people involved do. They chose not to proceed. The pictures aren't even that bad and the lip one is just weird. it's clear she was hacked and the material released against her will. But no, lets burn him at the stake.

The pictures weren’t even that bad,

Bo she did not. Seems like you know more than the rest of us though

She didn't record the evidence.

She didn't caption the evidence.

She didn't release the evidence.

Greenwood didn't accept resposibility for the "mistakes in my relationship, and I take my share of responsibility for the situations which led to the social media post."

She didn't provide a video statement to the police.

She didn't then withdraw that statement down the line, quite some time down the line in fact.

Am I missing more?

The fact that we know about 20%
It's a fecking terrible post in so many ways.

So what if she was hacked and the material was released against her will? The fact of the matter is the material was still on her phone in the first place.

Unfortunately, you will not find mqny balanced common sense kind of views, more likely the houlier-than-thou black or white I never made a big mistake in my life people who seem to know better than Masons girlfriend

Another one has obviously not seen the video or thinks threatening to rape is not a big deal.

If she wasn’t a victim here why would she take so long to withdraw as a witness?

She asked for the investigation to be stopped in April 2022, 2 or 3 months after the initial arrest. Not after getting pregnant as you suggest.

It is true that the dates of them finding out about the pregnancy could have coincided with the CPS dropping the case (Feb '23), but the pregnancy was not public knowledge until March '23 so we don't know for sure when they knew.

Mason Greenwood Timeline:
30 Jan '22 - audio & pics released on Instagram, Greenwood arrested and suspended by MUFC
2 Feb '22 - Greenwood released on bail after 3 nights in prison, investigation ongoing
April '22 - Alledged victim asks CPS to stop investigation, but they continue
15 Oct '22 - Greenwood arrested on suspicion of breaking bail conditions (i.e. meeting with the alledged victim)
17 Oct '22 - Greenwood charged with attempted rape and assault, remanded in custody
19 Oct '22 - Released on bail after appeal (2 nights in prison)
21 Nov '22 - Rebailed, trial date set for November 2023
2 Feb '23 - CPS announce all charges dropped
Feb '23 - MUFC begin internal investigation
14 Jul '23 - Greenwood and his partner announce birth of child on Instagram
21 Aug '23 - MUFC internal investigation concludes Greenwood is not guilty but will continue career elsewhere
1 Sep '23 - Greenwood signs for Getafe on loan

21 Aug '23 - MUFC internal investigation concludes Greenwood is not guilty but will continue career elsewhere

Not quite not guilty.

"Mason did not commit the offences in respect of which he was originally charged."

Not innocent, not did nothing. Exact language is important.

Otherwise the exile makes no sense.

She asked for the investigation to be stopped in April 2022, 2 or 3 months after the initial arrest. Not after getting pregnant as you suggest.

It is true that the dates of them finding out about the pregnancy could have coincided with the CPS dropping the case (Feb '23), but the pregnancy was not public knowledge until March '23 so we don't know for sure when they knew.

30 Jan '22 - audio & pics released on Instagram, Greenwood arrested and suspended by MUFC
2 Feb '22 - Greenwood released on bail after 3 nights in prison, investigation ongoing
15 Oct '22 - Greenwood arrested on suspicion of breaking bail conditions (i.e. meeting with the alledged victim)
17 Oct '22 - Greenwood charged with attempted rape and assault, remanded in custody
One thing I haven't ever really seen mentioned is how the cops knew he was after breaking bail conditions. Presumably someone must have told them?

Not quite not guilty.

"Mason did not commit the offences in respect of which he was originally charged."

So it could easily be that their investigation leads them to believe he didn't actually attempt to rape her, he just threatened it.

Not quite not guilty.

Seems like semantics but ok.

Pretty clear that the exile is due to negative public reaction to his potential return.

Eh, I don't think people should be looking to/reframing this exile as some sort of corroboration regarding guilt. The report that blew this thing open stated the club was looking to reinstate him. The exile is a consequence of the public reaction that ensued.

"All those involved, including Mason, recognise the difficulties with him recommencing his career at Manchester United."

Seems like semantics but ok.

Pretty clear that the exile is due to negative public reaction to his potential return.

The whole thread is semantics if that's the case.

And it's not clear to me to be honest. It's the opposite of clear.

Eh, I don't think people should be looking to/reframing this exile as some sort of corroboration regarding guilt. The report that blew this thing open stated the club was looking to reinstate him. The exile is a consequence of the public reaction that ensued.

"All those involved, including Mason, recognise the difficulties with him recommencing his career at Manchester United."

That's a possibility, although I am skeptical.

One thing I haven't ever really seen mentioned is how the cops knew he was after breaking bail conditions. Presumably someone must have told them?

This is unclear but he was still under investigation so perhaps the police realised during routine follow ups

I do remember some paparazzi photos of him in public with her but can't remember the timing

Interestingly there's no date for the "Alledged victim asks CPS to stop investigation, but they continue" do you have a link to something that says she did? Or why it was after 3 months? Not a dig, a genuine question there.

No mention of her giving video evidence either. Also no mention of why the CPS case was dropped:
In this case a combination of the withdrawal of key witnesses and new material that came to light meant there was no longer a realistic prospect of conviction

Which clearly suggests they had witnesses that supported the case.

The whole thread is semantics if that's the case.

And it's not clear to me to be honest. It's the opposite of clear.

That's a possibility, although I am skeptical.

Really? I thought it was generally accepted that this was the case

So she either wasn’t sure for 2-3 monthsif Greenwood had been coercive controlling, physically assaulted her, caused, actual bodily harm and attempted rape.

Or the victim could have been under pressure from her abuser to drop the case.

One of these is more likely @Rood?

Interestingly there's no date for the "Alledged victim asks CPS to stop investigation, but they continue" do you have a link to something that says she did? Or why it was after 3 months? Not a dig, a genuine question there.

No mention of her giving video evidence either. Also no mention of why the CPS case was dropped:

Which clearly suggests they had witnesses that supported the case.

Its in Richard Arnold's open letter:

- The alleged victim requested the police to drop their investigation in April 2022.

It's not an attempt at humour. It's an attempt to pull someones head out of their ass.

No one is changing their opinion in here. The attempts to justify whatever side just go round and round, there will never be any conceding.

Altering posts on the subject are only likely to get you in trouble. And we don't know Greenwood is a rapist and should refrain from calling him one.

Its in Richard Arnold's open letter:

- The alleged victim requested the police to drop their investigation in April 2022.

Thank you mate. I knew I'd seen it, but googling (admittedly not for long) drew up a blank thanks to the huge amount of rubbish news sites flooding the story with opinion pieces rather than facts. What a world.

Also @Rood the case wasn’t actually dropped until after the pregnancy would have been confirmed. Do you not think when the victim announces to friends and family that she is having Greenwood’s baby that the realistic prospect of conviction decreases exponentially…

The mental gymnastics required to dance around this is really disappointing.

A baby that has to have been conceived in breach of bail conditions.

The mental gymnastics required to dance around this is really disappointing.

Is it?

I'd say par for the course on here about anything. The only disappointing thing to me is the amount of people usually so sensible who are that entrenched in their "side" that they don't call out the stupid shite being said from that same side.

Is it?

I'd say par for the course on here about anything. The only disappointing thing to me is the amount of people usually so sensible who are that entrenched in their "side" that they don't call out the stupid shite being said from that same side.
I think it is yes.

I can deal with someone having a naive view of a footballers performance. But I really struggle to see posters in the same light or with the same respect after some of their views on this subject are aired.

So she either wasn’t sure for 2-3 monthsif Greenwood had been coercive controlling, physically assaulted her, caused, actual bodily harm and attempted rape.

Or the victim could have been under pressure from her abuser to drop the case.

One of these is more likely @Rood?

There are other possibilities but I prefer to just focus on the facts rather than speculate

Status
Not open for further replies.