Mason Greenwood | Officially a Marseille player

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if he scored 25 goals for Getafe?

Will any of you accept him back?

Regardless of how he does, he can get his girl to speak her thoughts out or provide more context. It seems to have convinced Arnold, up to them to convince the rest of the mob. Could be tricky because there was an active investigation and they might slip up and reveal something that restarts it.

My best hope is that he does well and we sell him to a Spanish / Italian side for Lukaku money.

Yes.
They signed R.Soldado a while back and that's the biggest name I recognize (he then went for more money to Valencia and Tottenham).
Cucurella more recently.
Greenwood is almost certainly the biggest foreign name they signed.

Yes he must be the biggest, the likes of Soldado and Cucarella were there before breaking out

Does explain the enthusiastic fan and official social media reaction to his arrival

Now we await to see if he can still deliver on the pitch

Regardless of how he does, he can get his girl to speak her thoughts out or provide more context. It seems to have convinced Arnold, up to them to convince the rest of the mob. Could be tricky because there was an active investigation and they might slip up and reveal something that restarts it.

My best hope is that he does well and we sell him to a Spanish / Italian side for Lukaku money.

So if ****** and Greenwood comes out and admit they had a stupid toxic relationship everything is okay?

Imagine the backlash the girl is getting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Videos of him signing shirts for kids and a big turn out to watch open training. So much for the people who thought he’d be unpopular.

As per Romano yesterday.

Greenwood has a break clause in his loan contract that permits him to be recalled in January.

A rather curious arrangement isn't it?

Seems like a normal provision in most loan deals. Likewise, it doesn’t do anything to dispel the likelihood that the loan itself is simply a way to let him become match fit without being a distraction to the club.

Hope he does well, although isn't Getafe pretty such the definition of Spanish anti-football tactics? Hard to see him thriving there.

So, are we bringing this guy back after the loan deal?
If he picks up his old form, it’s incredibly likely. It’s such a complex situation but I feel like he’s served his sentence over the last 2 years, being one of the most hated figures in the country in that period. He was an awful human being at his worst but he’s young enough to be given a second chance. I imagine that’s what ******* wants so her child can live a reasonably normal life without the burden of this accident lingering over constantly. It’s a case of what outcome is best for her and her child.

Has he gone to a different country or different planet - he's having photos with kids!
Brilliant, UTD you have well and truly fecked this up. For every Rachael Riley theres 10000 other fans who want him back. You cant please all the people all the time.

Has he gone to a different country or different planet - he's having photos with kids!
Brilliant, UTD you have well and truly fecked this up. For every Rachael Riley theres 10000 other fans who want him back. You cant please all the people all the time.
So are you saying you wanted him back playing for Utd?

Looks very sharp in the training vid, with his typical left foot/right foot bottom corner finishes.

From his partners insta post she looks happy. Good to see.

Went to check her IG story after your post. Seems in great spirits - and hopefully long may it continue. Looks like they want to get on with life - which is yet another factor Arnold alluded to in his statement - but by then twitter was already pretty entrenched on “no way back”

Looks sharp in training.

Hope he does well and we give him a second chance in 6-12 months time.

Maybe by then our coward of a CEO will be gone.

Went to check her IG story after your post. Seems in great spirits - and hopefully long may it continue. Looks like they want to get on with life - which is yet another factor Arnold alluded to in his statement - but by then twitter was already pretty entrenched on “no way back”

but if they don't have a problem with each other then why do people like Rachel Riley, random sky sports pundits etc do?

At this point it all very strange. I didn't want him back but since United declared him innocent and the victim seemingly wants him to have his career I think at this point he should be allowed play for whoever.

Hope he has a great time there. They all look very happy. Must sting for some.

I saw some training footage that popped up on my timeline and it reminded me of the talent he has. In 1-2 years he will be playing at a better club again if he keeps his head down and focus on good things.

Am I seeing things on this forum? Before it got announced we was letting him leave I could of swore everything I was reading about him was negative… now alls I’m seeing is good things said about him and people wanting him back… if only we had positive things posted on social media then the club may of stuck with there guns and brought him back. He’s a massive talent and would help our goalscoring problem. Bit to late now. He’s gonna rip it up at Getafe

Sorry if it's a sensitive post and you can ignore my question if it is. Is it the same partner he has had issues with ?
It is yes.

It's on twitter but I didn't feel it necessary to post it here. Just a pic with her smiling in a Getafe shirt in the stadium and a little kit with Daddy 12 on the back.

Hope he has a great time there. They all look very happy. Must sting for some.
Why would that sting? Are you suggesting that people would rather see them miserable?

I hope the child has a stable home and they have learnt from whatever mistakes were made. None of this means we have to take him back at United. As long as those pictures are out there without explanation, I will only be assuming that it was him whose voice is on the recording and caused those injuries in the pictures.

Am I seeing things on this forum? Before it got announced we was letting him leave I could of swore everything I was reading about him was negative… now alls I’m seeing is good things said about him and people wanting him back… if only we had positive things posted on social media then the club may of stuck with there guns and brought him back. He’s a massive talent and would help our goalscoring problem. Bit to late now. He’s gonna rip it up at Getafe
Everyone agreed that it was not possible for him to play at United this season. But vigilante journalism and activism to push him out and make sure he never plays anywhere again, irked a lot of people here.
Dont think people are expecting him to come back, but it will be good if he does okay somewhere else. Its good for everyone involved in this matter.

Getafe are going full in on him. Made their point that he is ‘innocent’ and have flooded their social media with positive reactions, training footage etc.

They’ve obviously had a plan how they’d manage him (which surprisingly wasn’t leaked) and they seem to be sticking to it.

Be interesting to hear how fans at away, or even home grounds in Spain take to him.

Getafe are going full in on him. Made their point that he is ‘innocent’ and have flooded their social media with positive reactions, training footage etc.

They’ve obviously had a plan how they’d manage him (which surprisingly wasn’t leaked) and they seem to be sticking to it.

Be interesting to hear how fans at away, or even home grounds in Spain take to him.
I reckon if Spanish fans take well to him then a bigger Spanish team like Madrid/Barca may come calling next year.

Why would that sting? Are you suggesting that people would rather see them miserable?

I hope the child has a stable home and they have learnt from whatever mistakes were made. None of this means we have to take him back at United. As long as those pictures are out there without explanation, I will only be assuming that it was him whose voice is on the recording and caused those injuries in the pictures.

Some people definitely would and admitted as such in this thread.

Weird thing to say given what's available to the public with a 5 second Google search.
Innocent in the eyes of the law and the club deemed him not guilty given more facts than any of us have. Ultimately, it's not our job to be judge and jury of this situation.

Some people in this thread have literally wished for that and for him to be nothing but a disaster in his career. Sad.

Looks sharp in training.

Hope he does well and we give him a second chance in 6-12 months time.

Maybe by then our coward of a CEO will be gone.

There’s a break clause in January apparently but let’s not cause a riot.

Hopefully he gets his career back on track.

I’ve seen far worse human beings been given a second chance and been loved by the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.