Mason Greenwood | Officially a Marseille player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't say I'm an expert on the history of Getafe, but I'm assuming that Greenwood is one of the highest profile signings in their history

Yes.
They signed R.Soldado a while back and that's the biggest name I recognize (he then went for more money to Valencia and Tottenham).
Cucurella more recently.
Greenwood is almost certainly the biggest foreign name they signed.

And yet he had it, posted it, and nearly half an hour later the only reply was your snarky comment. That's how stifling censorship is in this forum.
I was agreeing with the original comment. Learn to read in between the lines.

Everyone were super cool with what CR7 was accused of since he was welcomed back so eagerly, so I expect there is a redemption arch available for Mason as well

What if he scored 25 goals for Getafe?

Will any of you accept him back?
I reckon that verbally, pretty much all will reject. I'm more curious to see their actions.

I'm in the small rehab camp because that's what I think a club created for its community should be. Caring for its own unless the person has proven to be incorrigible or proven to have committed an irredeemable grave crime like paedophilia or murder (this I admit is debatable as everyone has a different moral compass).

I hope Mason does well on and off the pitch.. He had this cnutish attitude on the pitch (IMO) especially after Ronaldo returned. Humility would be a redeemable trait.

I reckon that verbally, pretty much all will reject. I'm more curious to see their actions.

I'm in the small rehab camp because that's what I think a club created for its community should be. Caring for its own unless the person has proven to be incorrigible or proven to have committed an irredeemable grave crime like paedophilia or murder (this I admit is debatable as everyone has a different moral compass).

I hope Mason does well on and off the pitch.. He had this cnutish attitude on the pitch (IMO) especially after Ronaldo returned. Humility would be a redeemable trait.

People with toxic relationships tend to have isolated working relationship with his colleagues. The more I see how distant he was when he was playing for us, the more I'm sure he had some really troubled relationship with his now wife.

Greenwood never seems close to Rashford or any group of the first team players, that was a big red herring.

It’s surreal seeing all the Getafe social media stuff, including Mason speaking on camera for the first time in nearly 2 years.

Although I’m in the “Mason is a shitbag” camp it’s interesting seeing stuff happen outside the bubble.

It wouldn’t surprise me if he does well there and he ends up in the Premier League again.

No one cares. See Mike Tyson and numerous other Athletes that have done all sorts of things. Just wait a year and all is forgotten.

What if he scored 25 goals for Getafe?

Will any of you accept him back?

The only thing that would make me accept him back would be if actual evidence came out that proved his innocense.
He could turn in to prime Messi at Getafe and it wouldnt change how I feel about him.

How about we just let him go permanently and consider it very unfortunate for us?

Really, he's isn't the first or last talent that we'll lose to bad behaviour.

Quality control
How about we just let him go permanently and consider it very unfortunate for us?

Really, he's isn't the first or last talent that we'll lose to bad behaviour.
He’d be among the first. We didn’t kick out RvP, Ronaldo, etc over these issues and we won’t kick out Antony. Yet Greenwood, a local, non white kid - had been made an example of.

He’d be among the first. We didn’t kick out RvP, Ronaldo, etc over these issues and we won’t kick out Antony. Yet Greenwood, a local, non white kid - had been made an example of.

I'm not white either, but come on. Surely you're not dense enough to think what has happened to Greenwood is because of his race?

It is weird seeing him there holding a Getafe shirt smiling after basically nothing for two years. Has he even made any statements regarding the allegations? Or is like nothing ever happened?

I'm not white either, but come on. Surely you're not dense enough to think what has happened to Greenwood is because of his race?

The main difference from Mason and the other cases is the leaked audio and video. If there was no leak he would have been training with the squad from the moment the case got dropped.

It is weird seeing him there holding a Getafe shirt smiling after basically nothing for two years. Has he even made any statements regarding the allegations? Or is like nothing ever happened?

Yes, he denied them.

I don't think any of them had evidence of their crimes plastered all over the internet though. That itself is the problem which makes it difficult to convince people that he is COMPLETELY innocent of any wrongdoing. Also I don't think his race has got anything to do with it, we haven't got a past record of kicking out non-white footballers.

It is what it is. Unfortunate for him, unfortunate for us.

People with toxic relationships tend to have isolated working relationship with his colleagues. The more I see how distant he was when he was playing for us, the more I'm sure he had some really troubled relationship with his now wife.

Greenwood never seems close to Rashford or any group of the first team players, that was a big red herring.
Agreed. With hindsight though.

The problem is he's shown no humility thus far and I can't imagine if he bagged 25 goals at Getafe he will suddenly become humble.

I hope he becomes a better person. I couldn't really care less about his career, he has more to prove as a person than he does about football.

If he does score 25 goals, I imagine we'll be bending over backwards to fit him back in the squad, seeing as we tried to bring him back prior to performing.

There'll be a hoard of clubs interested all of a sudden

PSG, Arsenal, wanted him, sell him? Hypothetical.
The problem is he's shown no humility thus far and I can't imagine if he bagged 25 goals at Getafe he will suddenly become humble.

I hope he becomes a better person. I couldn't really care less about his career, he has more to prove as a person than he does about football.

If he does score 25 goals, I imagine we'll be bending over backwards to fit him back in the squad, seeing as we tried to bring him back prior to performing.

Man will change when they settled down and have kids. Remember Rooney?

I trust this is just a natural process for him to mature. He learned it the hard way.

Yes, he denied them.
Wow fair enough. I’d not seen that. Just pretend it never happened. I guess it’s the position he had to take but still feels mental with the evidence we all heard. Kept expecting some attempt at positive PR from him about trying to change and be better but I suppose that would be a bit of an admission of guilt.

PSG, Arsenal, wanted him, sell him? Hypothetical.

I trust this is just a natural process for him to mature. He learned it the hard way.
Rooney never changed, what are you on about :lol:. Probably proves my point better than anything. People will think "he changed", because he was good for us.

It is a massive opportunity for him to mature and be a better person and I hope he takes it.

Oh dear or dear. Car crash of a post.

Wazza shagged a prostitute, consensually, it’s not even remotely comparable. Disgusting thing to do to his partner but far from being in the same ballpark.

The excuses are getting desperate.

Wazza shagged a prostitute, consensually, it’s not even remotely comparable. Disgusting thing to do to his partner but far from being in the same ballpark.

Ultimately we don't know jack shit about their nature of relationship. Men can be abused too (I'm not saying Harriot is a psychopathic girlfriend)

The club specifically said they listened to extended version of the clip and personal investigation related to the case.

They concluded something but it's for sure not rape.

Physical abuse between couples is out there, I've seen it, experienced it. People overreacting because it's Mason.

He also didn't change. Was done for drink driving at 34, driving another woman home. There are countless other stories about Wazza, but to say he "matured" is also laughable.

Ultimately we don't know jack shit about their nature of relationship. Men can be abused too (I'm not saying Harriot is a psychopathic girlfriend)

The club specifically said they listened to extended version of the clip and personal investigation related to the case.

They concluded something but it's for sure not rape.

Physical abuse between couples is out there, I've seen it, experienced it. People overreacting because it's Mason.
Ah ok, as long as it's not rape, that's ok then. The club never actually spoke to the alleged victim as well, as she declined to be part of the investigation.

Just because physical abuse is out there and happens and you've experienced it, doesn't mean people are overreacting. I've seen/experienced some extremely traumatic things in my life, but I wouldn't diminish anyone's reaction to seeing/experienceing something traumatic because "it happens, and I've experienced it".

As per Romano yesterday.

Greenwood has a break clause in his loan contract that permits him to be recalled in January.

A rather curious arrangement isn't it?

Oh dear or dear. Car crash of a post.
Yeah probably. I didn't mean to imply people were racist in wanting Greenwood to be punished or to face consequences, not do I wanna insinuate that the club handled the whole process with any sort of competence - however I do feel there are some double standards at play when many many professional athletes do and have gotten away with similar incidents before. I see that most people here do not want to have that discussion so I'm gonna refrain from posting about this again.

As per Romano yesterday.

Greenwood has a break clause in his loan contract that permits him to be recalled in January.

A rather curious arrangement isn't it?

It's so that if the loan isn't working out they can recall him in January and re-loan him out to another team. It's not about bringing him back in case we need him, if that's what you are thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.