Height: 181cm
Position: Midfield - Defensive Midfield
Foot: Right
Player agent: Idub Global
Current club: Real Sociedad
681.png

Contract Expires: Jun 30, 2027
Last contract extension: Oct 14, 2022​

He’s Spanish therefore he will take care of the ball. Want.

His progressive passes are pretty bad, then again that's what scouts are for eg if that area can be coached or not.

Oh great here comes Mr sensible

:p

Just to be clear, his numbers are worse than Amrabat's for passes, progressive passes and tackles. More interceptions though and more aerials. So a little bit of give and take defensively.

He's the guy. Hope there is some truth in this story. We need an Ugarte-type player as well but if we have to choose, I'd much rather go for Zubimendi.

Would probably prefer him to Ugarte, think he’s stylistically a better bit fit for prettier football

I'm in this train choo choo

Would probably prefer him to Ugarte, think he’s stylistically a better bit fit for prettier football

Maybe. But at least Ugarte has some clear strength. I think Zubimendi is like a "can do a little bit of everything" type of player without any top class strengths. Not sure which type of player I would prefer if (and when) we have to make some compromises. Maybe players who are at least really good at something.

I have always liked a players like Scholes, Keane, Pirlo and Gattuso who has some world class talent. Then just put them together. Ok easier to said than done.

Last edited:
I don't know who is the best fit for us between Zubi, Matuidi and Ugarte but at least with all these rumors flying about we can be certain that we are looking for a new partner for Mainoo and thats all I need to hear.

:p

Just to be clear, his numbers are worse than Amrabat's for passes, progressive passes and tackles. More interceptions though and more aerials. So a little bit of give and take defensively.
There's a bit of a difference though. Zubamendi is genuinely above average in terms of being able to navigate tight spaces and deal with the press. He makes less progressive passes but he also gets dispossessed about half as much despite making twice as many progressive carries. He's much less vulnerable than Amrabat when picking up the ball from the defence.

I'm not sure he's good enough personally, but he's better on and off the ball than Amrabat.

Even the muppets have their own office at Old Trafford with this new regime.
MEUS34K_o.jpg

I don't know who is the best fit for us between Zubi, Matuidi and Ugarte but at least with all these rumors flying about we can be certain that we are looking for a new partner for Mainoo and thats all I need to hear.

Blaise truly is eternal.

100% prefer him over Ugarte from a ball playing style of football standpoint

Think he needs that same player next to him. Mikel Merino wins the ball more as well as gets forward more to support attacks

Mainoo is a better ball winner than Zubimendi, so if you were happy with Mainoo as the DM/6 this season then fair enough

Mainoo could possibly do his ball winning a bit further forward reducing Zubimendi's work so there is a bit of synergy in that regard. But there will be times when you need the deepest midfielder to help the defence.

Edit -