Martín Zubimendi | £51m release clause

Z irkzee
Y oro
V an Nistelrooy

thought we'd reverse the alphabet this summer (with a few omissions), so Ugarte makes more sense.

I've only seen him a handful of times, but he never really stood out. Looked a bit like a poor man's Jorginho.

No thanks.

We need best in class, or great potential.

This guys 25, stats aren't great, so what, we will give him 4 years and find somebody else?

No thanks.

We need best in class, or great potential.

This guys 25, stats aren't great, so what, we will give him 4 years and find somebody else?
Are you getting annoyed about things that haven't happened?

Very good player. Not going to leave Sociedad for us though, I don’t think

I don't know who is the best fit for us between Zubi, Matuidi and Ugarte but at least with all these rumors flying about we can be certain that we are looking for a new partner for Mainoo and thats all I need to hear.
It’s not enough. Mainoo is an excellent player, but he is not yet ready for 60 games per season. He needs both a partner and a cover - so we’d rather sign two players (1 CDM and 1 CM)

Isn’t he really just a physically weaker version of Onana?

I think the fact that he’s spanish gives him alot of favour in peoples minds.

Are you getting annoyed about things that haven't happened?

You don't bring a player for a year or two, you do it for 3 or 4 and then you decide.

The anchor in the midfield is hugely important. Look at Rodri at city, they win everything.

Since Carrick we've had utter shite. Until we had Carrick we couldn't challenge.

Before Carrick we weren't winning because Keane had left.

To be fair, Ekeke was all over Amrabat being a bit rubbish last summer when the whole forum wanted us to sign him. This feels a bit deja vu.

Just to be clear I dont "not rate him". I think he's among a number of midfielders who would improve certain parts of our midfield, but they come with their own limitations despite being talked up for years

He's good at keeping the ball and recycling it from deep.

He rates low as a DM due to not winning the ball much and there are players in that position who sense danger better. He will need a hard working honest performance next to him who is winning the ball more than he does. In return he'll get on the ball deep and play some decent passes forward. This is what he has at his current club, a player who wins the ball more and gets forward into attacking areas while he holds because Zubimendi doesnt get forward much.

I think Caicedo is a better version of that player as he does the ball winning too. Yes even Chelsea's version

I think he's a £30 million midfielder that we'd probably have to pay double that to sign. If we could get him for around £30 million right now I'd be fine with him

You don't bring a player for a year or two, you do it for 3 or 4 and then you decide.

The anchor in the midfield is hugely important. Look at Rodri at city, they win everything.

Since Carrick we've had utter shite. Until we had Carrick we couldn't challenge.

Its tough because there aren't many players right now who are world class in that pivot role, let alone that they're available. But we desperately need somebody to do it.

We're probably not actually trying to sign him, it'll just be to put pressure on PSG. You can stand down.

Even the muppets have their own office at Old Trafford with this new regime.
MEUS34K_o.jpg

We have guns blazing from every direction. I am loving it :drool:

I'd take him if he's willing to leave Spain. £50m is also a fair price for him IMO. Wages shouldn't be an issue either.

Moyes was a big fan when he managed him at Sociedad.
I watched him uno, dos, tres times

Being way overhyped because of a good few minutes in the euros.
He came for Rodri at half time, steadied the ship, Spain scored literally within a minute of his introduction and went on to win the game.

I think we shall sign him up.

I suspect that if we had £50m ready to go for a midfielder we'd have signed Onana, since he's better at covering ground, is league adjusted, younger, and a player we certainly seem to have had a long-standing interest in.

I watched him uno, dos, tres times

He came for Rodri at half time, steadied the ship, Spain scored literally within a minute of his introduction and went on to win the game.

I think we shall sign him up.

They also conceded from a goal on the edge of the box, where you'd want your DM to be sensing danger and where Rodri would probably have been because hes much better at it.

Edit - Also the last of 3 players Bellingham went past with his turn, 2 spain players clattered into each other and then he touched the ball to the side and got his left foot shot off but wide with Zubi not able to do anything about it. Was given as a foul but then overruled and a goalkick was given, then came the goal

2nd Edit - Zubimendi is in fact the player who is marking Bellingham in the buildup and who Bellingham holds off to set up the pass for Palmer's shot. Zubimendi is slow to react and close down and the ball goes in

These are the highlights for anyone needing a refresher. 3 mins 13 for the move for England's goal

This is definitely not happening as it makes too much sense.

I am all aboard the Zubimendi train. Unbelievable if true.
It will be well and truly Cocks out time even if we are considering MZ.

Ineos please please get this guy

If you want to dominate the ball and play through the midfield then you need players like Zubimendi who have the ability to receive passes under pressure and manipulate the ball to create space for the next pass. This is a skill that is needed in the game today because more and more teams are defending in packs from the front. Unfortunately this ability isn't understood by many with some even basing their entire opinion on statistics. People are looking for the perfect player when you can create a strong team with some imperfections. What this move would entail to me is that we're looking build play through the thirds by controlling possession and I think that for me would be good and it's the way I feel we should build and develop the team going forward.

We can always sign a ratter to run around and provide intensity in midfield but if you have a player like Zubimendi then we wouldn't be overly reliant on Mainoo in the build up phase. Mainoo should be rested a little more than he was last season because he's still very young.

What midfielder does the cafe even want :rolleyes:

It's simple if you aren't aware.

1. Journalist from Tier 1 to Tier 50 links player.
  2. Thread is made with questionable reliability over said journo.
  3. Jump in the thread and say YES BIG FAN ALWAYS WANTED.
  4. Press refresh on the toilet, as you walk your dog, over breakfast for updates.
  5. Dream of where said player fits into the squad make line ups, start YouTube scouting.
  6. Gaze upon the glory that is the YouTube videos thumbnail clad in United colours with the title 'Welcome to Manchester United''
  7. Continue ad-infinitum lose sleep waiting for Romano and Ornstein to an update of a bid being lodged.
  8. Ready the flight tracker.
  9. Transfer window ends.
  10. Go back to life until next window opens.

His progressive passes are pretty bad, then again that's what scouts are for eg if that area can be coached or not.
There are players with better progression I listed in the Ugarte thread but to be fair to Zuubimendi last season it was better.

It’s entirely possible this is a team issue not his personal quality.

There are players with better progression I listed in the Ugarte thread but to be fair to Zuubimendi last season it was better.

It’s entirely possible this is a team issue not his personal quality.

Agreed and that's why we have a technical director now, since they can see if a player can develop or not since stats only help to help shortlist nothing more.