5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fellaini is better than Herrera.
ATM definitely. Anyone who argues this have agenda against big men.
I would go even further and say that he is currently the most consistent player in our team. He is not flashy but always do the his job and he is doing it for quite some time now.

ATM definitely. Anyone who argues this have agenda against big men.
I would go even further and say that he is currently the most consistent player in our team. He is not flashy but always do the his job and he is doing it for quite some time now.

There is no "ATM", they are both formed players, the "ATM" is called form, and Herrera is out of form, other than that, Herrera is twice the player Fellaini is, common sense really.

There is no "ATM", they are both formed players, the "ATM" is called form, and Herrera is out of form, other than that, Herrera is twice the player Fellaini is, common sense really.
Out of form or out of team because of Fellaini?

Fantastic performance. Mou seems to have a bond with him and if he keeps repaying the faith like tonight, then he is a real asset. Was aggressive, but controlled. And motm!

Another efficient and cool match from him. Liked his tracking back and how he retrieved several balls without making fouls. He's gotten much better at not conceding FKs :lol:

Herrera maybe is twice the player Fellaini is and ever will be, but who cares if Herrera is that good if he can only pull a good performance every 10th game. Football is all about right here and now, who is the better player right now, not 2 weeks ago, not 2 months ago and right now Fellaini is the better player. The "out of form" excuse is used to defend the players, alot of players have been "out of form" for their entire career.

Superb tonight, my MOTM. Played the Pogba role perfectly, made great runs into the box, put in tackles and scored an important goal.

He was good last season, but he looks a different player this season. So much better

Good goal, but I was really happy to see his contribution for Rashfords goal. Was so good to see. He also did a really good backheel :lol:

Agreed, MOTM.

Still maintain that Herrera's season last year might have been the worst to win the POTY award, for sure in my lifetime. I like the guy, but he needs to do much more on a consistent basis.

Fellaini is a really good player. Better in a three than in a two. He wins the ball, is a decent passer and then gets forward to have an impact offensively too. If the guy was a white English player with a short haircut, he would get no where near the level of flack that he does. There's a massive amount of prejudice against him because of his appearance of an Arab with an afro. Apparently that look means you're a bit of a joke to many.

Wasn't able to watch the game but sounds like it was typical of Fellaini nowadays. He's turned it around completely from the dark days of Moyes and doesn't deserve the stick he sometimes gets.

His name is an anagram of nail-file

For that alone, he is my flavour of the month

He had a very good game, close to the motm for me (went for Young). I have to admit, he's much better when we aren't panicking and using him as a last ditch, whether that's defending or attacking.

People are going overboard here though.

Great performance from him. He has been so good this season so far. Not played that much, but he came on against West Ham and we get another 2 goals. Came on against Swansea and give a great boost and we score 3 more. Then came on against Leicester and score and today comes on and is our best player. Pogba out is a big blow, but I feel confident Fellaini can step in and do well.

This performance, if being man of the match in the Europa League final wasn't enough, should bury most of fans hatred for him.

It's awful that to recognize Fellaini's value, some have to start bashing Herrera. Can't both be differently good at the same time? Is there a law against it?:nono:

He is better support for Lukaku inside the opposition box than Pogba, and this match he even outplayed Matic in term of breaking up play and tidying passing. Fele :drool:

aeaer9d1rilz.jpg

What a photo this is.

Who was that tonight? Unbelievable performance. I would love a highlight reel of his match tonight

Wasn't a fan of him at the start - but that was mainly due to our play style every time he came on - as we reverted to Pulis type tactics using only Fellaini to chase late goals. He was good under LVG and has been very good under Mourinho. In the few games this season, he's been brilliant, not only in the air, but also his work ethic (which has also been top notch). Having Lukaku has really helped his attacking play, as we have two players that are a real threat in the air. (Zlatan was as well, but he drifted in an out a lot whereas Lukaku stays in the box)

I'm not his biggest fan (an understatement!) but played really well last night, looked good on the ball, tackled well and scored a good goal.

I think having Matic as a base helps Felli as well as Pogba, means we're less reliant on him from a defensive stand point and is used further forward.

That was one of the best performances at OT I've seen from a United player for a while.

Don't know how well this was conveyed to TV spectators but the amount of distance he covers (defensively and when attacking) is absolutely ridiculous. Credit to the rest of the team for how well they transition too.

Another thing is, I noticed Fellaini barking a lot of orders yesterday. It's not easy to play for United and sometimes players hit a certain age where they grow into maturity (Carrick when he grew some balls and started playing expansively, Young etc.) and if Fellaini continues this form he could well be our player of the season.

He's arguably the most unique CM in world football. Huge presence in both boxes with the work rate to allow, consistently makes the right decision and doesn't attempt to play himself out of trouble.

Long live the big man.

He has a very good season so far. Whenever he came on, he was quality. Fair play to him

Genuinely nice guy off the pitch apparently. I'm really pleased he's getting his rewards after sticking with a club where many fans haven't liked him or wanted him. I've always supported the managers who have recognised the vital strengths he brings to the squad when needed. He's flourishing under Mourinho that is for sure.

He is playing really well atm something that our fans fail to admire about him his commitment whenever he is on pitch gives his 100%.

Goal and assist and he was good defensively too. Very complete performance from the big man.

Status
Not open for further replies.