Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Guapa

Do you think the 'Play Like You Mean It' banner was designed for Rashy :lol:

Someone

Something
Hope PSG are still interested. I think he'd benefit from playing with less pressure at a weaker league. But there's no point in keep trying, he isn't meant for this level.

RuudtheRed

Bereft of confidence but he played somewhat better than his norm this season. Should have buried the Antony pass with ease first time. Instead he took an unnecessary touch and lashed it into the keeper. One really decent through pass to Reguilon though.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Do you think the 'Play Like You Mean It' banner was designed for Rashy :lol:
I certainly think he was one of a few players it was aimed at. He's got a face like a slapped arse at the moment. All the confidence he had last season has completely gone and he's sulking his way through games.

el3mel

He needs some time off the team. He should be benched. I know Martial is terrible but we're not losing much anyway by starting him on the left for few games.

MDFC Manager

He needs some time off the team. He should be benched. I know Martial is terrible but we're not losing much anyway by starting him on the left for few games.
I was actually thinking martial and Hojlund may link to well, worth a try

Oldyella

Yeah wouldn't mind seeing that being tried. We need to do something different here.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Wasnt bad at all, another one who wasnt great but wasnt bad, but he's a big name so naturally draws in criticism. Shame he didnt put that chance away, would have been good for everyone, but it'll come, i'm sure of that.

Shark

@NotShark
Everything he does on the pitch at this moment in time is either a wrong decision or executed wrongly.
The reality is that this moment in time has become more the norm, than otherwise. This idea that he carried ETH for the entirety of last season has been blown out of proportion also, it was a couple of months of form that you'd expect from one of our key attacking players.

slored1

Simply dreadful. Whatever is going on with him, he needs to solve it fast or be benched for a while. Was incredibly selfish on the ball and lackadaisical off it, providing no contribution in either direction.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
I've not seen him in the flesh for a while but got the chance today. My god he was awful. There are loads of things I can forgive players for but lack of trying isn't one of them.

JBG

Simply dreadful. Whatever is going on with him, he needs to solve it fast or be benched for a while. Was incredibly selfish on the ball and lackadaisical off it, providing no contribution in either direction.
You pretty much summed up his season so far.

Really wish he scored that chance he had at the end though, might have been enough to kick him out of this awful form he's in atm.

kaku06

Vulgarian
People talk about Nani but Rashford is the most inconsistent and infuriating player I have seen. He has somehow perfectly put himself as Mr Manchester United during our awful 7-8 years to the point we as a club dread to lose him. People often talk about dropping of standards at this club. He’s the prime example of that notion to me.

rollingstoned1

People talk about Nani but Rashford is the most inconsistent and infuriating player I have seen. He has somehow perfectly put himself as Mr Manchester United during our awful 7-8 years to the point we as a club dread to lose him. People often talk about dropping of standards at this club. He’s the prime example of that notion to me.
Nani was on another level in terms of natural ability compared to Rashford.
I just don't understand how someone who is supposedly in their prime and having had no serious injury lay off recently been drop-off so much in terms of performance within just a year's time. What is it that McCarthy is not doing with him this year that he was last year?

antsmithmk

Hates women.
Spot on. That charity work he's done has made him invincible. Needs to be sacked off.

clarkydaz

Man plays football like it's a chore.
always thought Balotelli was a guy who loved being a footballer, bar the playing football bit. Rashford seems similar happily taking all the fame and rewards, but being on the pitch is a grind

DickDastardly

How do you even come up with him?

Give Mount that right wing spot.
Or Bruno.
Then Pellistri.
And Amad.
Or Antony.

You've got 5 players who need more time then Anthony fecking Martial.

el3mel

Or Bruno.
Then Pellistri.
And Amad.
Or Antony.

We are talking about the left wing though?

Baxquux

Or Bruno.
Then Pellistri.
And Amad.
Or Antony.

Bruno shouldn't be on the right. The only argument for Martial over Rashford would be in a 2 up top in front of a diamond.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Does anyone get Nani vibes from Rashford? Ridiculously skilled, pacy, good shot, and yet just doesn't seem to understand space and time. I remember Nani was often trying to beat numerous players starting from standing still position, and was also pretty bad at crossing - not technically, but his intentions are so easy to read, the cross gets blocked easily.

I don't get Rashford really. His bottom level is incredibly low for a player that can be amazingly good.

Oldyella

I've not seen him in the flesh for a while but got the chance today. My god he was awful. There are loads of things I can forgive players for but lack of trying isn't one of them.
Yeah. Bruno isn't in great form either, but you can at least see he's still trying and working to turn his form around. Rashford is infuriating. Slows us down whenever the ball ends up with him

UnitedRepublic

[/QUOTE]

Or Bruno.
Then Pellistri.
And Amad.
Or Antony.

At the end of the day top form no injuries Martial is one of our best attackers simple as really. It’s not for the right wing spot more like to play with 2 strikers and someone that can carry the ball from central areas which Bruno can’t to see we can bring Højlund into play more aswell.

Vernon Philander

Does anyone get Nani vibes from Rashford? Ridiculously skilled, pacy, good shot, and yet just doesn't seem to understand space and time. I remember Nani was often trying to beat numerous players starting from standing still position, and was also pretty bad at crossing - not technically, but his intentions are so easy to read, the cross gets blocked easily.

I don't get Rashford really. His bottom level is incredibly low for a player that can be amazingly good.
It’s this last part that needs revising. I’ve never thought he was amazingly good, even when he was scoring a string of goals you could still tell the football IQ level was average, at best. Even Lingard had a purple patch or two with us, but we never thought he was World Class or amazingly good. Why this guy gets so overrated I’ll never understand

Baxquux

Bad Nani was better than Bad Rashford; he'd still create chances pretty regularly, even with the amount of blocked crosses. Bad Rashford is less use than players we've sold like Elanga - again, I was fully behind those sales for players who weren't of a consistent basic standard, but Rashford right now is abject 80% of the time.

Pellistri hasn't been outstanding but is a better option on the right - Garnacho likewise on the left, muted but still more likely to beat a man and get a cross in or try and find a team-mate. Not that I expect Ten Hag to use him, (if ETH is still around by Xmas or whenever), but Amad would almost certainly be better, even if not dazzling - you could already see a more developed or intuitive footballing intelligence.

When Rashford is off, physically or psychologically, he seemingly just doesn't have the same level of game judgement, even spatial reasoning in a sense, that many 'average' PL players have. It's like the stereotype about British head-down wingers - negate their ability to just knock it past you and you win most of the battle. Rashford has the added impediment, compared to former wingers, of selfishness and (from what's been whispered) a 'circle' that inflates his ego quite a lot, partly playing on the praise he got for his commendable work off the field but also for the hot-streak he had in a more functioning Ten Hag team when the other parts were clicking, the manager was boosting him etc.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Decent performance from Rashford today. Really should have converted that chance but otherwise didn’t do much wrong and caused Luton a lot of problems. I also thought he started very well mid-week. Hopefully he can kick on from here and start to actually score some goals.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
Decent performance from Rashford today. Really should have converted that chance but otherwise didn’t do much wrong and caused Luton a lot of problems. I also thought he started very well mid-week. Hopefully he can kick on from here and start to actually score some goals.
You've got to be kidding me? He didn't cause Luton any problems. Most of the game he had his back to the play and was walking. Totally disinterested in putting a shift in.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
We have a new front runner for shittest post of 2023….
Behave. He walks around the pitch like we owe him something. He's one of the biggest earners at the club and is supposed to be one of us. He should be at least busting a bollock to at least try and turn around his dire form.

Pogue Mahone

You've got to be kidding me? He didn't cause Luton any problems. Most of the game he had his back to the play and was walking. Totally disinterested in putting a shift in.
Not kidding. And I think your opinion is ridiculously biased and unfair, so probably not worth taking seriously. The clue is in your use of his work to feed hungry kids as an angle to attack him.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
Not kidding. And I think your opinion is ridiculously biased and unfair, so probably not worth taking seriously. The clue is in your use of his work to feed hungry kids as an angle to attack him.
It's not an angle to attack him? I've said that his charity work has probably meant the press (and fans) have given him plenty of grace regarding his form. But ultimately he is supposed to be a footballer for United, a job most of us would kill for. He has to show some desire on the pitch.

Pogue Mahone

It's not an angle to attack him? I've said that his charity work has probably meant the press (and fans) have given him plenty of grace regarding his form. But ultimately he is supposed to be a footballer for United, a job most of us would kill for. He has to show some desire on the pitch.
Dunno about the press but the fans (on here) have been ripping him a new one all season long. I’ve been very critical of him myself. And his attitude has annoyed me more than anything. I just happen think he’s played a bit better and worked harder a bit over the last couple of weeks. Today he was tracking back when needed, dribbled down blind alleys a lot less than usual, put some decent balls into the box (one of which very nearly set up a goal if it wasn’t for an amazing save by their keeper and another which ended up in our only goal) and slipped some nice passes inside their fullback. It was a solid 6 or 7 out of 10 performance.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
Dunno about the press but the fans (on here) have been ripping him a new one all season long. I’ve been very critical of him myself. And his attitude has annoyed me more than anything. I just happen think he’s played a bit better and worked harder a bit over the last couple of weeks. Today he was tracking back when needed, dribbled down blind alleys a lot less than usual, put some decent balls into the box (one of which very nearly set up a goal if it wasn’t for an amazing save by their keeper and another which ended up in our only goal) and slipped some nice passes inside their fullback. It was a solid 6 or 7 out of 10 performance.
I did notice today he seemed to play a little better when he was on the left hand side after the subs were made than when he played on right. I wonder if his confidence is shot by the rise of Garnacho and the arrival of Hojland. Regardless I honestly don't think he level of performance this season has been acceptable, especially effort wise.