Manchester United vs. Tottenham Hotspur

Haven't played too well. Too many balls were lost in midfield - or even before it got there. But we looked good once we actually got near the box and Gibson's shots were terrific. Vidic is looking like a beast at the back, although you wish he didn't need to make so many last second challenges.

:devil:

Veni, Vidi, Vidic.

HT: Basically United have been very good in the last third of the pitch. And
Spurs have been very bad in the last third of the pitch.

Almost 3-0 at the end if Obertan had placed it to Berba properly.

I do think its time for...

dudemeet020nc.jpg

to think Eamoan Dumpty said in his paper article yesterday that Gibson wasn't good enough to play for any team in the premier league, love it when he writes us off !!

Two cracking strikes from Gibson.
Obertan and Welbeck have been looking lively. Anderson's been a bit wasteful though. Other than that, a very good performance by the lads.

Please bring on Zoran, Fergie!:drool:

Gazza is handling Lennon much better than I've expected. KuzhchxzhHak seems calm and confident, not much to do Vidic has been excellent.

Good match, entertaining. The only concern is Ando's passing, kinda shite in his previous games and today..

Alan smiths comentating is getting on me tits! every 2 minutes its "spurs have dominated this" " Spurs look like scoring everytime they attack" " United havnt got going so far spurs are the much better team" etc yet the stats come up and the shots caption shows its a pretty even game and were 2-0 up!....not saying weve outplayed purs coz we havnt but its not the one sided game smiths making it out to be..

Lucky to be two up. Spurs have been better, but Gibson had been great for us. De Laet is killing us on the left though, and Obertan had given no defensive support for us.
Like to see Tosic and Macheda at some point.

ESPN commentators already comparing Gibson to Keane...

Regardless, good showing from a few individuals but were lacking a team cohesiveness (which could be expected from a mostly reserve squad).

Alright, Who ever saying De Laet is having a great game certainly isn't watching this match, apart from that block which he miss judged the header and was lucky to recover in time. He has tried the dribble and lost the ball for us in two occasions and has been defensively shite against a poor form Bently. Certainly not more than a 5 rating so far. I am watching this on TV with good quality.

Obertan has hardly taken on his fullback yet was the start of our first goal, defensively Obertan needs to improve. He doesn't mark his man well enough, even Ronaldo was better. I'm sure he'll improve after this match though.

Gibson, has certainly got the shot on him. Some of his passes has impressed me and certainly is our Motm at this moment, if he could learn to make a few through balls in, he'll be the same level as Lampard if he can play like this week in and week out and keep being consistant.

Anderson, has a monster engine and has certainly run the most on the pitch so far, I like his attitude in this match and certainly has started to show why he is a different type of CM as he is really good on the ball when he dribbles, needs to get his shot right though, he's crosses has also been very good.

Welbeck hasn't settled in the game as Spurs have played Brilliantly imo. Though once he was played in he looked good and also assisted the 2nd goal.

Berb has been excellent everytime he was on the ball, but still he needs more support for him and needs to get in the box more. All round still very impressive. Our defense has been great, only De Laet needs to sort out what he does best, just focus on defending and positioning and he'll do fine. Not likely to get a start though with this sort of performance.

Hope this sums it up so far.

oddly enough the possession is 51-49 United and the shots are 5 a piece.

According to bbc.

Obertan and Park have been quiet...take off Ober for Zorro

Alan smith is a wanker. 'Spurs have dominated', ' Tottenham have controlled the game'.

Fair enough Spurs have had pretty decent possession and have knocked it about nicely at times, but that's about it. The Mockney lookalike, Bentley has been utter shite.

One of the gimps on Sky said that, I fail to understand how you can 'control' a game when you're losing :confused:

Our passing has been very suspect at times, particularly from the back, giving it to players with somebody on them and not moving it forwards. Some solid defending from De Laet though (if a little patchy), great block on Defoe and Vidic seems to be back to full rape which is good to see.

Overall; satisfied with the position we're in but definitely room for improvement.

Would've been nice there if Ober-wan's cross was slightly closer to Berbatov. Would've been game ober.

It was already good, I'd blame Berbatov for not expecting this ball, certainly if I was a forward I'd expect a 1 touch from Obertan as the defender was closing him down quick. Again, gotta give credit to Obertan for actually playing it through the defender.

It was already good, I'd blame Berbatov for not expecting this ball, certainly if I was a forward I'd expect a 1 touch from Obertan as the defender was closing him down quick. Again, gotta give credit to Obertan for actually playing it through the defender.
Had Berba been there to connect with the ball he'd been in an offside position, wouldn't he?

Lovely Welbeck assist for Gibsons goal.

Don't think thats been mentioned. Welbeck has show a few neat touches here and there.

I mean discontinue the cuntybollocks they're showing and show the game after Ht.

I have hopes man. Don't quash them :(

the guy who was supposed to be in charge is probably sleeping :lol: