manchester-united-fc.png
vs
tottenham-hotspur-fc.png

Carling Cup QF
Tuesday 1st December
Old Trafford
KO: 2000 GMT​

My team would be:

Kuszczak, Rafael, Brown, Vidic, Evra, Park, Gibson, Anderson, Welbeck, Macheda, Berbatov

SUBS: Foster, Neville, Gibson, Scholes, Valencia, Obertan, Owen.

PIG
Rafael Brown Vidic Evra
Valencia Fletcher Anderson Welbeck
Owen Macheda

This is what I expect from Fergie, though I don't really want to see Welbeck on the wing.

I reckon Evra, Vidic and Valencia will be rested.

Berbatov should be a starter.

My guess is - no midfielder/attacker who played today will start against Spurs.

-------Macheda---Owen
Nani--Gibson---Anderson---Park
De Laet---Vidic--Brown---Rafael
----------Foster--------------

subs: PIG, Evra, Obertan, Berbatov, Welbeck, Fletcher, C. Evans

-------Macheda---Owen
Nani--Gibson---Anderson---Park
De Laet---Vidic--Brown---Rafael
----------Foster--------------

subs: PIG, Evra, Obertan, Berbatov, Welbeck, Fletcher, C. Evans

Don't think so, there would be atleast 5 or 6 first teams players starting this game.

Don't think so, there would be atleast 5 or 6 first teams players starting this game.

I doubt it will be much stronger than the CL lineup last week. The CC is still the competition where we give younger players a chance. As lysglimt says, I doubt any of todays front six will start.

There's a good chance we will get knocked out if SPurs play a strong side, but Fergie is not going to stop gambling.

Team should be...

GK: Foster

RB: Rafael
CB: Brown
CB: Evans
LB: O'Shea

RM: Obertan
CM: Carrick
CM: Anderson
LM: Park

CF: Macheda
CF: Owen

Subs: PIG, De Laet, Neville, Gibson, Nani, Welbeck, Berbatov

I reckon we'll be going out :(

Berbatov should be a certain starter for this one IMO. Kuszczak deserves a start as well after todays performance.

Foster

De Laet
Brown
Evans
Fabio

Nani
Anderson
Gibson
Obertan

Owen
Welbeck

Kuszazck

Rafael
Brown
Vidic/Evans
Fabio

Park
Gibson
Anderson
Nani

Berbatov
Owen

Should hopefully be the team...Berbatov needs some minutes under his belt as does park whos just back from injury and Nani will most likely start this one to...this line up gives us both fresh legs and gives the right players the much needed time on the pitch quite a few have been without recently.

One things for sure we cant field anything like the same side we did against Besiktas last week otherwise spurs will hammer us!

Kuszczak

Rafael
Brown
Vidic
De Laet

Obertan
Gibson
Anderson
Nani

Owen
Berbatov

Or something like that. My university football team just won the Canadian national championship, so I've absolutely no idea if that's a logical team selection or not; I do know, however, that Spurs will be treating this like their league championship, and whoever SAF selects will need to be sharp. I hope we win.

Kuszczak

Rafael
Brown
Vidic
De Laet

Obertan
Gibson
Anderson
Nani

Owen
Berbatov

Or something like that. My university football team just won the Canadian national championship, so I've absolutely no idea if that's a logical team selection or not; I do know, however, that Spurs will be treating this like their league championship, and whoever SAF selects will need to be sharp. I hope we win.
What's that got to do with the price of bread?

I think Ferguson's team will be:

Berbatov Owen
Nani Gibson Anderson Obertan
Rafael Brown Vidic Neville

Personally, I'd start Welbeck up front ahead of Owen.

wonder what sort of team spurs will bring.....

anyway,im heading to this one, may as well seen as i am paying for it anyway:)

i expect

foster
rafa browne vidic (evans if back) rafael
park ando carrick nani
owen berbatov

--------------------PIG---------------------
Rafael--------Vidic------Brown----------Evra
Park---------Carrick----Anderson--------Nani
-------------Berbatov---Owen---------------

Subs: Foster, Neville, Gibson, Scholes, Obertan, Welbeck, Macheda.

Against Spurs (who have had a great start this season), I don't want to see a team full of kids TBH. It's the Carling Cup quarter final against a good side, we need some top players out there. Berbatov needs to play since he's missed the last month and Owen should start more games. Nani also needs a game I think, also Park as well to try and get his fitness up more. Put some kids on the bench and bring them on later in the match if we're in control.

wonder what sort of team spurs will bring.....
Not sure. The league is certainly Harry's main priority, especially since we're still in with a fighting chance of 4th place. But then again we rarely field weakened teams just to rest players and we don't have the burden of European games this time around.

Modric is now back in training, but think this will still be one game too early for him ... maybe a place on the subs bench?

I wouldn't be too surprised to see Bale given a go at LB, but otherwise the same team that started against Villa except maybe Jenas instead of Huddlestone.

Kuszczak

Rafael
Brown
Vidic
De Laet

Park
Anderson
Carrick
Nani

Berbatov
Owen

Subs: Foster, Neville, Fletcher, Giggs, Valencia, Rooney, Welbeck.

2-1 to us.

PIG

Rafael
Brown
Vidic
Fabio (De Laet)

Nani
Anderson
Carrick
Obertan

Berbatov
Owen

3-2 : Nani and a Berbabrace.

I would be very happy to see the youth play and rest the vets for the league and perhaps a trip to Germany. However, Brown is probably a must play since he's one of two fit CBs in the first team. And I think Berbatov could use some minutes in this match so either start him or sub him on in the second half.

-----------PIG---------------
Rafael-Brown-Chester-De Laet
Park--Gibson--Anderson--Nani
-Berbatov/Welbeck-Macheda--

Subs: Foster, Evra, Carrick, Obertan, Tosic, Berbatov/Welbeck, Owen