Manchester United vs Liverpool (Tue 12th July, 14:00 UK time) | BANGKOK CENTURY CUP CHAMPIONS

45 minutes of witnessing the team follow the same instructions is a strange experience.

Why hag looks so angry?

Preseason is like a final stage training session. The manager wants to ensure that the players are following instructions properly, so he is keeping a keen eye on their movement. Also because ETH is a perfectionist.

You can see why ETH might be privately keen to get rid of Ronaldo. He's like weed killer to the plant he's trying to grow.

eth looks unhappy despite of the goals. I don't think this is exactly how he wants us to play. That's a good sign tbf

I've only caught glimpses of the first half, how were Rashford and Martial? I hear Sancho balled.

Rashford trying, but nothing really came off for him. Martial looking really lively, maybe he has found some motivation again.

Missed the first half. Are we good or the dippers being crap?

They are playing 8 or more youth / reserve players and their defending has been bad. We have been alright and good at times. Bit of nice pressing. Good effort levels and probably should have created a few more chances/goals based on the Liverpool defence being so shaky/poor.

this is the one that matters. winner of this has all the bragging rights imo*

*to be revisited at full time.

45 minutes of witnessing the team follow the same instructions is a strange experience.
for all the laughs about the scoreline. honestly this is how I feel. it's nice to see United look like a team that knows how to play football and what they're doing (in an attacking sense at least). this probably isn't the kind of performance Ten Hag is looking for though, but it's still encouraging.

I think these 8 minutes of pre-season have proven to anyone with a reasonable, patient and sane mind that all we need to do is :
- sack the manager
and buy :
- new GK
- 2 new CBs
- new LB
- new RB
- 2 new CMs
- DM
- AMR/AML
- CF

Anyone who doesn't agree with this is an awful fan who is accepting of far too much mediocrity.

This has aged well

This is clearly an area of improvement and will take some time, but we’ll get there.

oh for sure especially going forward in the final third....with quick passing and actual fuking movement looking to go score a bloody goal

to be fair....that liverpool press is arguably the best in the world and one of the most difficult to play out against as in essence they go man to man so any turnover in the defensive half immediately leads to a counter and goal scoring chance

I'm not one to overreact but we're probably the best coached team I've ever seen in my life.

You're right not to get carried away, but it's hard not to picture UEFA changing the rules and asking us take part in this years Champions League after that half.

You can see why ETH might be privately keen to get rid of Ronaldo. He's like weed killer to the plant he's trying to grow.

ETH clearly favours the high press and interchanging forwards. How can Ronaldo possibly function in such a system?

He was (according to reports anyway) openly against Ralfs very similar system last season.

I've only caught glimpses of the first half, how were Rashford and Martial? I hear Sancho balled.
Both did lots of running and getting turnovers. Rashford missed a chance, Martial didnt

Missed the first half. Are we good or the dippers being crap?

Liverpool using their U23 team and entire staff on the pitch but there are encouraging signs even if the opposition is weak. Sancho freestyling and looking really quick, Martial and Rashford running around and de Gea passing calmly to teammates instead of hoofing it out. Also overall there isn't a lot of unecessary misplaced passes - especially with Bruno being intelligent on the ball so far.

Learn to be positive. The players did well and that should be enough for you. Especially since you have no idea what’s going on in the manager’s head. He could be over the moon with having Ronaldo. Some proper dumb takes in this forum.

ETH clearly favours the high press and interchanging forwards. How can Ronaldo possibly function in such a system?

He was (according to reports anyway) openly against Ralfs very similar system last season.
As an impact sub.

I think these 8 minutes of pre-season have proven to anyone with a reasonable, patient and sane mind that all we need to do is :
- sack the manager
and buy :
- new GK
- 2 new CBs
- new LB
- new RB
- 2 new CMs
- DM
- AMR/AML
- CF

Anyone who doesn't agree with this is an awful fan who is accepting of far too much mediocrity.

Thrashing Liverpool at half time.

Glazer's have just put the cheque book in the fridge.

Can I just say how great it is watching this on LFCTV? It’s like listening to two RAWK posters who have been told not to swear. But all of the anger is still there.
Same, it was unbearable until we went 3-0 up. My favourite thing they were doing was describing everything United did in the final 3rd as 'brilliant' so that when the Liverpool defence easily dealt with something they could say it was top class defending.

by stinking the place up and moaning imo. it’s going to be great.

ETH is kind of guy who wont be satisfied with 3-0 but will point to their mistakes after the game.

You're right not to get carried away, but it's hard not to picture UEFA changing the rules and asking us take part in this years Champions League after that half.

Honestly they should make the Super League again but it's just us in it and nobody else

Not going to get carried away. I still remember smacking up Real Madrid and Liverpool in pre-season friendlies under Van Gaal, then losing at home against Swansea on the first day of the season.

I still remember when Spurs went undefeated through preseason and beating Roma 5-1 under Juande Ramos. My Spurs friends wouldn’t shut up about it and then they ended up getting 2 points in the first 8 games in the Premier League and he got fired. It was hilarious…

Why hag looks so angry?

If we were winning 10-0 he'd still look furious.

I love it. He's a perfectionist and the players probably know it by now.

Generally, his demeanour shows that he doesn't like being the center of attention. The smiles left with Ole.

how will Maguire handle this system with his lack of pace and mobility at the back??? he's left in 1v1 situations in space he will get torched

it's what makes the liverpool press so effective because VvD and Matip rarely get beat for pace and anything in the air they typically win

oh for sure especially going forward in the final third....with quick passing and actual fuking movement looking to go score a bloody goal

to be fair....that liverpool press is arguably the best in the world and one of the most difficult to play out against as in essence they go man to man so any turnover in the defensive half immediately leads to a counter and goal scoring chance
Yes I agree, you can see that Liverpool all know what they are doing when they are pressing. Solving it won’t be easy, but is the key to success.

Great first half. I know it's a weakened Liverpool and it's only pre season but we actually look coached. If ETH can do this in 2 weeks maybe the future is brighter that most of the doom mongers on here think it will be.