Manchester United vs Liverpool (Tue 12th July, 14:00 UK time) | BANGKOK CENTURY CUP CHAMPIONS

It's only pre season but what a breathe of fresh air this feels like. You can slightly start to see the style ETH is going for and the players at the early stages learning it. There is still a lot of work to do, new players to join but I think ETH will be a great manager here. I'm more optimistic about top 6 now :drool:.

Why hag looks so angry?

i'm sure he's still not happy with how they are building out against that high liverpool press....when their wingers press the CB's on the ball, there has to be quicker movement from a mid to check so he can bounce it out to the dalot or shaw but those two guys are playing a bit high which allows the liverpool fullbacks to easily step to press

I know it is only the first pre-season game, with new manager and coaches, and few deadwoods gone (including alleged leakers) but...

I think United is going to win quadruple this coming season. :devil:

Even if Liverpool had about 90 players on the pitch, you look great upfront. EtH's coaching is showing.

As pre season games goes enjoyable contest and it certainly helps to be leading Liverpool 3-0

clinical on opportunities only for Dalot off the post it would be 4-0. Degea was the busier keeper prior to the 1st goal and I'm not sure how they didn't score on 17 minutes pin ball stuff.

1st time i recall 10 outfield players changed after 30 minutes.

Most biased/partial announcer in the business.

His commentary during the CL last season was disgraceful. Was licking Liverpools, and the PL teams in general, arses throughout without any shame.

Brought me a lot of joy when Real bursted his favorite teams hopes
Yep. Beglin is to us what Scott Tenorman is to Cartman in South Park when the tears are there.

I like the front 3 but we still need Antony. Left footer ring winger is definitely needed. I think Ronaldo should leave, he puts too much pressure to team member. We need to find pacy striker.

But Ralf was the mercurial geggenpressing wizard?

Surely someone else couldn't do a better job?

Mid-season its pretty hard to implement. I don't doubt Ralf could have got them more organised if he had a full pre-season.

I know we’re playing a shit team, but I really do like the patterns of play and attacking side of the game.

I know it is only the first pre-season game, with new manager and coaches, and few deadwoods gone (including alleged leakers) but...

Yep its pre season but how many times have we played pre season and been the same as usual and we say. Its only pre season, its about getting fit..

It is but its also about confidence for a team that lacks it. I want us scoring buckets of goals to get that confidence flowing.

It's only pre season but what a breathe of fresh air this feels like. You can slightly start to see the style ETH is going for and the players at the early stages learning it. There is still a lot of work to do, new players to join but I think ETH will be a great manager here. I'm more optimistic about top 6 now :drool:.

i think the defensive shape still has some work to get done as there are big gaps in the center of the pitch when the wingers press which is where liverpool have found space a couple of times playing out of the back to break the press

Our passing during attack has been good for the past few seasons, until last season which just seemed to go downhill in every area.

Good thing is that the players feel more motivated even though it is pre-season and credit to ETH and his team for that.

i'm sure he's still not happy with how they are building out against that high liverpool press....when their wingers press the CB's on the ball, there has to be quicker movement from a mid to check so he can bounce it out to the dalot or shaw but those two guys are playing a bit high which allows the liverpool fullbacks to easily step to press
This is clearly an area of improvement and will take some time, but we’ll get there.

Good first half.

Not going to get carried away. I still remember smacking up Real Madrid and Liverpool in pre-season friendlies under Van Gaal, then losing at home against Swansea on the first day of the season.

The most important thing is we can see signs of what Ten Hag is trying to do with this team. Players working hard off the ball, closing down, passing intelligently. Stuff is clearly translating. Clearly it has to be pressure tested. Smashing Liverpool's U23s is much of a muchness. However, it gives the players a base: A foundation for developing good habits. Gets the muscle memory into them.

Decent half against Pool's B team. Sancho and Martial look good, Bruno started well but resorted to his old habits as the half went on, Shaw had some fantastic touches. It's nice to see our players trying to press and pass forward. We are giving away chances when the press is beaten. With more aggressive players we'll hopefully be able to mitigate that.

Players must believe in pressing, Martial and Sancho was able to force mistakes from the defenders where we get chances. I hope this isn't pre-season thing.

I liked what I saw, then I remember Ronaldo situation, I really hope he fecking leaves ASAP, can't be bothered with his drama.

i think the defensive shape still has some work to get done as there are big gaps in the center of the pitch when the wingers press which is where liverpool have found space a couple of times playing out of the back to break the press
I agree plus many more things need sorting out. It's just nice looking at this scoreline, I know it's dream world right now, but the previous 10 months have been tragic.

we're going to win the world cup.

No van Dijk, Robertson, Trent, fabinho, thiago, keita, salah or nunez yet. We should be winning comfortably.

But great to see the signs of a tactical identity this early on. Positive attitude from the players, they look hungry to impress