Man City's inevitable Treble

There's only us but we need Qatar money to do so otherwise they dominate for the next 10 years. People haven't accepted it yet but that's where this league is headed.

I still don't think we'll catch them any time soon. They literally have the best players about and no matter how much money we have, were not getting the other best players like Vinicius or Mbappe. Plus we don't have Pep. There so damn good it's annoying. But quite peak Barca but possibly the best the PL has seen.

I still don't think we'll catch them any time soon. They literally have the best players about and no matter how much money we have, were not getting the other best players like Vinicius or Mbappe. Plus we don't have Pep. There so damn good it's annoying. But quite peak Barca but possibly the best the PL has seen.
We don't need those players, we just need a group of players that can play to a system the manager wants to play. Half of the City squad weren't world class before they arrived and then they slotted into Pep's system and became better players.

There's only us but we need Qatar money to do so otherwise they dominate for the next 10 years. People haven't accepted it yet but that's where this league is headed.

Next 10 years!

And the rest.

Once that Champions league is won that competition will then become their play thing as well. Reality is they will cherry pick every top player to continue to improve their side. Bellingham is next and no doubt another world class defender to go alongside him.

If the Glazers decide to stay then long term I see myself watch less and less of football. City are completely killing competition, they are making winning look far easier than any other side have in the past. It's now almost impossible to win the league without having a near perfect season. The cup competitions are mopped up yearly so all that's missing is a strangle hold on European football. That's coming as well.

The football world needed to stop this when it started, it's too far in now.

That is nonsense. If it happens in one game, then yes you can call it lucky. Madrid have a history in overturning big deficits in Europe so its not lucky.

Regardless 2 goals in the 90th minute is very lucky.

Benzema is not in the same form as he was and they don't have Casemiro either. I hope they do win but I think it's quite unlikely.

So your points are that he is the best ever because he dominated a two horse league followed by a one horse league followed by dominating the PL with unlimited money?
He is a cheat, and liar. Accusations of doping have followed him throughout his playing AND managerial career and he has wilfully been a part of City during their 100s of rule breaches relating to ffp.
Yeah he has dominated, but only when the deck is overwhelmingly stacked in his favour. Best ever? :lol: Not even fit to lick the cheese from between SAFs toes.

Couldn’t have said it better myself!

Next 10 years!

And the rest.

Once that Champions league is won that competition will then become their play thing as well. Reality is they will cherry pick every top player to continue to improve their side. Bellingham is next and no doubt another world class defender to go alongside him.

If the Glazers decide to stay then long term I see myself watch less and less of football. City are completely killing competition, they are making winning look far easier than any other side have in the past. It's now almost impossible to win the league without having a near perfect season. The cup competitions are mopped up yearly so all that's missing is a strangle hold on European football. That's coming as well.

The football world needed to stop this when it started, it's too far in now.
10 years was my conservative estimate, and I was hoping Pep and maybe the owners would get bored by then but you're probably right.

Never go in debate with fanboys.
This is slowly turning in a story how Pep inherited aging and declining teams in City and Barca and did huge rebuilding with unknown players.

"He get rid of Ronaldinho and Deco". Wow, what a rebuilding he did there.

Putting Messi and Iniesta in the team isn't exactly a genius move either. Even Sherwood put Kane in his team and we don't give him credit. :lol:

This wasn't a title race. City have second geared it knowing they'd win it. The league is absolutely dreadful tbh

Agreed. More experience, bigger squad and their main opponents were too old (Liverpool) or too young (Arsenal). Says a lot that the best challenge to them has their former assistant and multiple former players. I think even Sky seem less willing to indulge in the idea anyone else will win it compared to other years.

I think you're probably right. Either rules are enforced or Saudis and Abu Dhabi win by default forever. I'm not sure if I'd even care if we become the tool Qatar uses to get involved in this even if it gets us titles.

10 years was my conservative estimate, and I was hoping Pep and maybe the owners would get bored by then but you're probably right.

Look at it like this for insane, Liverpool and United have 68 and 67 major honours. City currently has 29 and they are averaging 2 trophies a season now, that could become four a season if they start winning super cups and club world cups. I've been predicting this for the last 10 years, the growth and development was always going to result in total domination, a few years back they replaced all their full backs in one window.

They could be looking at catching our totals within the next 10 years!!!

It will only really hit home around Europe when they start annually winning the Champions league.

Theres even a hint of desperation in the commentary and online coverage - where they are pretending that city adding haaland to their squad was going to lead to anything but a title win. It's completely against the business interests of sky, bt etc to call out their most important product as a bit shit , but thats what it is. This didnt feel like a big game and in fact I kind of felt city players know they could drop points and still win it. theyve been in cl mode for months and again, thats an inevitability. Yeah yeah, this is like a broken record, but the nature of their rise has completely broken football. This is an absolutely dreadful PL season where the only real story at the top is arsenal vaguely threatening to look like contenders until around early april, and the other State owned club becoming a top 4 team over the course of a year. Becoming a genuinely pointless sport, if sport is what youre after

Of course it’s annoying that they are a formidable team. But it’s equally infuriating that they get away with cheating time after time again. Their titles should come with an asterisk.

I’m not happy.
No difference between our league and Germany and France that we mock. Our league is a monopoly.

they’ll win it this year and no one really can challenge them next year. So I guess they’ll be the first team to do 4 in a row. Horrible feeling

So your points are that he is the best ever because he dominated a two horse league followed by a one horse league followed by dominating the PL with unlimited money?
He is a cheat, and liar. Accusations of doping have followed him throughout his playing AND managerial career and he has wilfully been a part of City during their 100s of rule breaches relating to ffp.
Yeah he has dominated, but only when the deck is overwhelmingly stacked in his favour. Best ever? :lol: Not even fit to lick the cheese from between SAFs toes.
Great post. :lol:

Wish the FA charges would hurry the feck up and ruin city because no one else is :mad:

Hope these fecks get sanctioned, relegated and stripped off their titles, soon. Not only is it broken that they can pay 900k for the next Ronaldo, the subs they can bring on is just cheat code stuff.

I’m not happy.
No difference between our league and Germany and France that we mock. Our league is a monopoly.

There was a difference, now there isn't. Apart from City, the drop off in quality in the PL has been stark this season. I imagine it will be a long wait until another team like Liverpool comes along that can compete for a period. The point tallies they were pushing between them to win the league was pretty crazy.

As hollow as it is that's three in row Premier league titles for them.

Something United did twice under Ferguson. 1999,2000,2001 and 2007,2008,2009. And of course Champions league winning teams came out of that league success (should have been two trebles)

Ok, so, Arsenal fecked up.

Nothing we didn't know before...

Down to the Madrid cnuts and us.
Have to say, fancy us more then Real to stop them.

That is nonsense. If it happens in one game, then yes you can call it lucky. Madrid have a history in overturning big deficits in Europe so its not lucky.

I think they were very lucky until the final last season, they got batteredhome and away in every knockout tie it felt like to me. Credit to them for over turning as you mention, but they were certainly not the best side last season despite the trophy.

The way City battered them half of me thinks the treble really is there...on the other side though, its surprising how barely anybody is tipping them against CIty. This is a side that have won the majority of the champions league trophies over the lsat decade, as you say obviously have the best history in the champions league. They have cruised to the semis of the tournament without even performing and player wise individually have more than enough to challenge City.

Although always enjoyed watching them, never liked Madrid as a club....but purely for the treble stopping, rooting for them for once next week

These treble scares seem to be happening all too often now. Inevitable with how much dodgy stuff is going on in football. Media nothing but gushing about City of course, despite recent revelations.

I honestly don't know how we will catch City within the next few years. When you watch them play, they're miles better than us. The gulf between them and Arsenal here is obvious, so imagine how far away we are.

It's going to take a serious downturn from City for us or anybody to catch them.

I mean Liverpool challenged them well and pipped them to a title.

You can get to that level.

Just need good recruitment, a world class manager and players hitting top form at the same time.

Ok, so, Arsenal fecked up.

Nothing we didn't know before...

Down to the Madrid cnuts and us.
Have to say, fancy us more then Real to stop them.

I dunno, Real are completely tanking the league now and focusing on the CL. Real can be unplayable in cup games and they did not win all those finals by being a soft touch, they are all in to stop Pep and I am rooting for them.

We can challenge for one or two seasons but it looks like it will be hard to become as stable as them year in year out. Eventually the EPL will follow what’s going on in the Bundesliga, Ligue 1 or La Liga. 1 dominant team and a couple of,clubs feeding on scraps

These treble scares seem to be happening all too often now. Inevitable with how much dodgy stuff is going on in football. Media nothing but gushing about City of course, despite recent revelations.
They can only look at the football though.

. Eventually the EPL will follow what’s going on in the Bundesliga, Ligue 1 or La Liga. 1 dominant team and a couple of,clubs feeding on scraps
See the first 20 years of the Premier League.

See the first 20 years of the Premier League.

True but the distance between City and the rest seems to widen imo. It is only because of the huge tv deals that the competition is able to keep the gap playable, it won’t last I think.

I don’t think it is normal the way City dictate games, Arsenal had nothing on them and they’re the league leaders. It is not healthy for the premier league. It is a miracle in itself that Liverpool managed to be so close to them for a couple of seasons.

Adisa

"I’m not happy.
No difference between our league and Germany and France that we mock. Our league is a monopoly. "

It was never a monopoly when United bought everyone else's best players giving no one else a chance. This is so unfair!

Manchester United used to take/buy the best players from all the other clubs, then declare themselves great! Little changes, exactly the same thing, but a new team doing the same!

I mean Liverpool challenged them well and pipped them to a title.

You can get to that level.

Just need good recruitment, a world class manager and players hitting top form at the same time.

They did but we're talking competing for nearly 100 points in the league. It was just incredible levels that they achieved. Liverpool did it through a high energy style and they couldn't maintain it, now they're burnt out and have been languishing all season. I'm just struggling to imagine us or anyone hitting those levels again in the near future. City do it through sheer dominance in every game, but I don't think anybody will be as good as they are at that whilst Pep is around.

I dont think they will dominate for the next 10 years.
When Pep leaves (and maybe if they manage to win the CL it will be sooner than most think) they wont be on the same level.

Haaland could go to Madrid, Bernardo and/or Gündogan maybe to Barca and de Bruyne is maybe on his last 1 or 2 years on that level.

They are insanely good right now, but I think everything could look quite different in 2 or 3 years.

What a depressing end to the season.

We just have to beat them!

Hope for some big spendings from us to go for the title.