189.png

Height: 181cm
Position: Defender - Left-Back
Player Agent: CAA Stellar
Squad Number: #23
Contract expires: Jun 30, 2027
Date of Last Contract Extension: Apr 4, 2023
Outfitter: Adidas​

I want him to be playing in the Euros. After being out for so long he needs competitive game time, hopefully it’ll help him get a head start on the season.

I was quite happy with how he looked for England, I remember in the past when he returned from injury he used to look barely passable as a footballer for a spell before he got back to his best.

I was quite happy with how he looked for England, I remember in the past when he returned from injury he used to look barely passable as a footballer for a spell before he got back to his best.

Tbf he's had the equivalent of a pre-seaspn for the last 3-4 weeks to get him match fit for the euros.

It actually probably worked out really well for us if he avoids injury. Can take a short break and will be relatively fresh and fit for our pre-season.

Always great to see him playing football. Fabulous player, love him to bits.

We shouldn't allow him go on holiday this summer. He should be training with the squad straight after the Euros. He's spent enough time with his feet up these past few months.

My unpopular opinion is that if he stayed fit the whole season we'd have finished top four.

Please stay fit!

england probably win this and he is the key , a fit luke shaw is one of the best in the world and will transform this england team with nothing coming from the left . made of glass but fkn class .

Still only 28! (for a couple more days at at least)

Hopefully he'll have a fitter season

He needs his minutes managed, which in turn will prove a nice tempting ground to start developing his successor. This is why Kerkez might be a good fit, to be slowly integrated into the team.

A superb LB, I hope Luke can stay for this season but yield more than token minutes to Amass, about whom great things are said.

Watched his full presser and I'm impressed with how he verbalizes things, almost like he is a manager himself. Didn't expect him to handle that so well.

He’s getting to that age. One of the most experienced players is the England squad, longest-serving player at United etc. But yeah seems very comfortable.

His first touch is really a thing of beauty, one of the best I've ever seen honestly.

He's a world class defender. He offers more as a wing back whilst also covering the central defence compared to when Trippier plays.

Not sure how he does it because he doesn't run more than him. Just reads the game much better I suppose.

He's a world class defender. He offers more as a wing back whilst also covering the central defence compared to when Trippier plays.

Not sure how he does it because he doesn't run more than him. Just reads the game much better I suppose.

Doesn’t run at all in fairness.

Always gives the impression he finds the position so easy he doesn’t need to bust a gut. Just seems to do the bare minimum using the minimum amount of energy.
Still wish he would go harder though, he’d be a better player for it, maybe he just sees it as his best way of steering clear of injury.

Going to be a much tougher examination of his condition in the final. The Dutch weren't doing much out there.

Think I might be biased towards him, but I didn't see him do much at all. Neat and tidy, passing the ball backwards, some low crosses, one of them dangerous, others not so much.

Never see him taking on a man anymore, driving with the ball, playing inbetween the lines.

Will be interesting to see how he does against Lamal, I remember him against Saka when fit, and that was hard to watch.

Think I might be biased towards him, but I didn't see him do much at all. Neat and tidy, passing the ball backwards, some low crosses, one of them dangerous, others not so much.

Never see him taking on a man anymore, driving with the ball, playing inbetween the lines.

Will be interesting to see how he does against Lamal, I remember him against Saka when fit, and that was hard to watch.
He needs to move to left centre back to prolong his career. He doesn’t overlap as much as he used to, but I disagree about playing between the lines, maybe he didn’t tonight, but it’s one of his biggest strengths and United suffered without it last season.

He's not played for 5 months.

I don't think the game allowed for much of that. Netherlands stifled midfield quite well, they were quick to push up against England's attackers too and thwart danger.

Let's hope this is just the start of his pre-season and that he doesn't go on some long holiday after this, but keeps at it bit by bit building fitness. And then when he finally joins the team he'll see a brand new left back competing with him.

His technique is just ridiculous at times, I don't think it is a stretch to say he is probably England's most gifted player in that regard. It is such a shame about the injuries and instability at club level that he has had in his career because I think there used to be a player at the level of a Phillip Lahm in there somewhere. Really rate him, here is hoping he gets a good run injury free for the next few years.

His technique is just ridiculous at times, I don't think it is a stretch to say he is probably England's most gifted player in that regard. It is such a shame about the injuries and instability at club level that he has had in his career because I think there used to be a player at the level of a Phillip Lahm in there somewhere. Really rate him, here is hoping he gets a good run injury free for the next few years.

Good assessment and I agree with you about Luke Shaw abilities.
The thing is that he never seems rushed and often appears rather casual. But he is a wonderfully talented player and united need him to be available far more regularly.

Thought he looked decent enough in the last two games, can tell he’s not 100% fit.