Lukaku - transfer speculation | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless the loan fee is a very substantial amount, that'd be a dreadful deal, and would be a huge risk he flops, comes back next year, with one year less on his deal, and less chance of selling for even what we can sell for now.

Or they could realise he's an overweight bully with no first touch and he would come back a year older, a year less on his contract and worth even less?

Higuain managed to score 30+ goals over there...Lukaku at Inter will have his perfect manager, I believe he can get 20+ goals and is worth risk in getting his stock up and making him more attractive to other suitors.

Seems that reports suggest there are very few clubs that want/can afford either Pogba or Lukaku. Wouldn't surprise me if Lukaku's here next season if Inter don't find the right money.

Unless the loan fee is a very substantial amount, that'd be a dreadful deal, and would be a huge risk he flops, comes back next year, with one year less on his deal, and less chance of selling for even what we can sell for now.

Tal Ben Haim?

Played for Chelsea and M. City before that, and would've been UCL champion against us if not for the Terry slip. Funny ain't it?

I keep thinking of that lump of a centre back Portsmouth had a while ago.
What was his name? That was Ben someone wasn't it?

Benjani?

Edit: I somehow tought about a striker.

Last edited:
I would just loan him out to Inter for a year, (them paying his wages and a loan fee), straight away.

None of this two year loan stuff, with a permanent fee to be paid on the 3rd. If he has a good year in Italy, a league that is very suited to him, there will be a lot more interest we could get a lot more for him next year, with more teams becoming interested

That would just be such a crap deal. He either stays, or he goes. If he goes then we need the right money. Inter can afford it, they are just pissing in the wind with their offer. 75m paid at 15m a year, for 5 years, would be ok if they’ve got cash flow or FFP problems.

I wonder if United have thought about asking for Lautaro Martinez in a money+swap deal, would be a no brainer to push for that deal with his potential and would be replacing a striker with a striker but I get the feeling Ole would have a prejudice towards him due to him being South American.

I wonder if United have thought about asking for Lautaro Martinez in a money+swap deal, would be a no brainer to push for that deal with his potential and would be replacing a striker with a striker but I get the feeling Ole would have a prejudice towards him due to him being South American.

Why would Ole be a racist?

I've been reading a few comments recently that have seriously bewildered me. First I saw some poster imply that Solskjaer is supposedly racist and prejudiced towards black players with not even one member of the Caf reacting to such ridiculous claims, now this...

Why is this even discussed and how are people allowed to spew such hateful baseless nonsense towards our manager, who is no less a club legend as well? If this is some kind of a WUM or "in-house banter" I'm not aware of, apologies for the overreaction, but somehow I doubt it is.

I've been reading a few comments recently that have seriously bewildered me. First I saw some poster imply that Solskjaer is supposedly racist and prejudiced towards black players with not even one member of the Caf reacting to such ridiculous claims, now this...

Why is this even discussed and how are people allowed to spew such hateful baseless nonsense towards our manager, who is no less a club legend as well? If this is some kind of a WUM or "in-house banter" I'm not aware of, apologies for the overreaction, but somehow I doubt it is.
Maybe people just think that Ole prefers young British players and there's no racist angle to this.

Why's that then?

(and I doubt Inter would sell him).

Maybe people just think that Ole prefers young British players and there's no racist angle to this.
Having a prejudice towards a whole continent seems like a very serious accusation to me and also very offensive when it is based on pure conjecture.

Preferring British players has nothing to do with what the poster said and like I mentioned, this is not the first time I've seen people trying to slyly accuse Ole of something like this. Would really like to know why these sort of comments towards our manager are allowed.

So have we had a better offer then a walkers cheese and onion and half a snickers? Come on Inter at least offer your finest Pasta sauce and half bottle of quality wine.

Lukaku was our second top scorer last season, our top scorer the previous season and yet somehow we're getting rid of him. To be replaced by who? Or do we genuinely think Martial or Rashford are 20 goal a season strikers?

Lukaku was our second top scorer last season, our top scorer the previous season and yet somehow we're getting rid of him. To be replaced by who? Or do we genuinely think Martial or Rashford are 20 goal a season strikers?
Lukaku has been publicly talking about leaving the club since March/April, he spoke about it recently again, his agent and his NT manager also decided to make it known that the Belgian wants to leave.

It's not like the club is actively pushing him out, the guy is not happy to be competing for a starting spot in the first 11 and wants to be playing under "the best manager in the world" - Antonio Conte.

That would just be such a crap deal. He either stays, or he goes. If he goes then we need the right money. Inter can afford it, they are just pissing in the wind with their offer. 75m paid at 15m a year, for 5 years, would be ok if they’ve got cash flow or FFP problems.

:rolleyes:
How is a year loan a crap deal if he performs, bring more teams to the table. At the moment its just Inter and counting on whatever they can afford...That's a crap deal, for a player that's our 2nd biggest signing

We will not replace him, Ole is clearing the way for his boy Rashy.

We will not replace him, Ole is clearing the way for his boy Rashy.

Rashy can not play all the games, and also we could play two upfront. It will we naive to let him go with that poor loan deal inter are offering while bringing no one in, while being in the race for top4 and UEL this season.

Rashy can not play all the games, and also we could play two upfront. It will we naive to let him go with that poor loan deal inter are offering while bringing no one in, while being in the race for top4 and UEL this season.
I fully agree, but I don't see us bringing in a striker this window.

Zaha and Kean, sure. The rest not so much. Your problem isn't that you're particularly bad at offloading players, it's that you're spectacularly good at devaluing them. And also you are shit at evaluating players in general

And then your coming up with arguments with how lukaku loan deal for inter is good for all parties without any cash offer up front.

How is a year loan a crap deal if he performs, bring more teams to the table. At the moment its just Inter and counting on whatever they can afford...That's a crap deal, for a player that's our 2nd biggest signing

If he goes out for a year we are unlikely to bring anyone in to replace, knowing he could be back here the following season, imo.

I don’t see how we benefit from this deal unless someone else is incoming.

He is a proven PL goal scorer and while he doesn’t do it against top 5 sides there are 14 other clubs he’s able to bully. We do need a big game striker but we also need to win games against weaker sides and Lukaku is very good at that.

He is a proven PL goal scorer and while he doesn’t do it against top 5 sides there are 14 other clubs he’s able to bully. We do need a big game striker but we also need to win games against weaker sides and Lukaku is very good at that.

Nor sure why there isn't a thread on Aubameyang yet. There is loads of talk of Zaha to Arsenal, Aubameyang to UTD and Lukaku to Inter.

The sources of the Aubameyang thing are all British newspapers so might be bullshit but there is alot of talk..

I would absolutely go for that to be honest.

He wants out, can’t handle the challenge? He’s hardly stepped up so let him go

Because your whole scheme is based on the word "if".
If he performs.

So we just do without a huge fee player without getting a big fee, hoping he performs.
What if he doesn't?
We get him back with a year less on his deal and his stock taking a huge dip

Martial, Rashford and Greenwood all play in Lukaku's position so we don't need another cf, we are in a desparate need of a right winger. Sancho could solve many problems up front.

Because your whole scheme is based on the word "if".
If he performs.

So we just do without a huge fee player without getting a big fee, hoping he performs.
What if he doesn't?
We get him back with a year less on his deal and his stock taking a huge dip

Thats the risk taken for any loan. Your scenario is a "if" aswell, you do realise..And its not doing without a huge fee if the route still to sell him. Inters reported deal is over 3 years, 2 year loan, and then obligated to buy. Mine is to get a upfront cash purchase next year.

What happens if he stays has another season and has one like the last. Another year off his deal and in his stock is even worse. My option is at least he is off out books for a year, is a option Inter can afford, he will be under a manager perfect for him, will play him everygame and in a league he can look like a world beater

Last edited:
Martial, Rashford and Greenwood all play in Lukaku's position so we don't need another cf, we are in a desparate need of a right winger. Sancho could solve many problems up front.

Fantasy land.

If he goes out for a year we are unlikely to bring anyone in to replace, knowing he could be back here the following season, imo.

No the whole objective is to sell him next year, but to get his stock up first. He wants to leave aswell. The issue is only Inter are in for him and them not being able to offer something acceptable right now.

Nainggolan replied to a post by Lukaku on Instagram: "See you soon :lol:"

Nainggolan to United confirmed.

Apposto, Lukaku to Inter confirmed then.

I don't know…. this sounds very Modric….. I never believe until is official

ps. I'm a bit skeptical about Lukaku replacing adetuately the Icardi of the previous seasons… we'll see and believe in Conte

I don't know…. this sounds very Modric….. I never believe until is official

ps. I'm a bit skeptical about Lukaku replacing adetuately the Icardi of the previous seasons… we'll see and believe in Conte
Boh, Lukaku by himself wouldn't suffice, but him + Lautaro + Dzeko should be able to get enough goals between them. I agree that it will come down to how Conte uses this squad.

Totally against accomodating to Inter with a loan. They can fcuk off and rot if they cannot afford to pay a lump sum transfee fee upfront. Let them go into the new season with a disgrunted Icardi then. Inter and Real Madrid are the last clubs in the world whom we should show any tinge of accomodation after being incredibly unrealisic and rigid in our past negotiation.

Seems that reports suggest there are very few clubs that want/can afford either Pogba or Lukaku. Wouldn't surprise me if Lukaku's here next season if Inter don't find the right money.
I don't see Lukaku throwing a strop but he's obviously a confidence player. Feeling of not being wanted could result in some execrable performances. It's Pogba I struggle to see not reflecting his disgruntlement on the pitch. Would be a bigger problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.