Lukaku - transfer speculation | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really think that Lukaku does not fit into the system at United at all. If we manage to offload him for decent money it would be best for both parties, he's a good striker but we need a different type of player to him. He would absolutely love it in Italy and I'm sure he would be prolific.

Notice those liverpool and city players were all sold in england(? A couple of those i've no idea honestly) and also that they were all either young prospects or players in their prime coming off one bad season but with several good ones before that(apart from Ings, sorcery must have been involved in that one. And wasn't he signed by southampton? With the amount of business they done over the last few years sorcery of the accounting kind was definitely involved there)

Yours? Mostly sold outside england, most after either years of underperformance and/or old enough to not represent an investment for the future and/or on too high wages. Zaha before money swept through the whole league

Zaha was sold in 2015 Jan, Ibe was sold just 18 months later. We sold Zaha for 3 million, Ibe was sold for 15 million. In the same window we sold Keane for 2 million. Now Zaha is rated as 60 million player and Keane was signed for 25 million and regular for Everton.

We sold Evans in 2015-16 for 6 million and he wasn't even old or on high wages.

You are just searching for excuses when it's so obvious that we are poor at offloading players. We should have done lot better at offloading players.

Why is it appearing so difficult to get rid of this guy? Lukaku wants out, United probably want him out, the fans definitely do for the most part, but he's nowhere near bad enough to not have a line up good clubs willing to take him.

Zaha was sold in 2015 Jan, Ibe was sold just 18 months later. We sold Zaha for 3 million, Ibe was sold for 15 million. In the same window we sold Keane for 2 million. Now Zaha is rated as 60 million player and Keane was signed for 25 million and regular for Everton.

You are just searching for excuses when it's so obvious that we are poor at offloading players. We should have done lot better at offloading players.
Zaha and Kean, sure. The rest not so much. Your problem isn't that you're particularly bad at offloading players, it's that you're spectacularly good at devaluing them. And also you are shit at evaluating players in general

Why is it appearing so difficult to get rid of this guy? Lukaku wants out, United probably want him out, the fans definitely do for the most part, but he's nowhere near bad enough to not have a line up good clubs willing to take him.
And yet there's only Inter

Zaha and Kean, sure. The rest not so much. Your problem isn't that you're particularly bad at offloading players, it's that you're spectacularly good at devaluing them. And also you are shit at evaluating players in general

You are just repeating what I said with few more phrases added.

All these players were sold in last 5-6 years. We sold Blind last season for 12 million, there is no way we would have sold Nani and Kagawa for 20 million had we sold them last season. On the other hand, Ibe was sold in 2015 or 2016 for 15 million. We sold in inflated market and Liverpool sold before that.
Blind 29 year old squad player we had actually bought him for 13.8 sold him for 14.1 so actually made a nice little bit of profit too. Jordan Ibe was 19 was in around the Liverpool squad and starting for England U21s so for 15 million and if he performs he'll have resale value due to his age. What i meant with the Nani and Kagawa comment was if the market prices were the way they are now back then they would definitely be sold for more.

Last edited:
Seems like there is only Inter showing interest, but there could be others that will come in for him before deadline.

If we could get in the region of £70m for I would take it but I am worried we wont replace him.. Can we rely on Rashford, Lukaku and Greendwood ? surely not?

If we play a 4-3-3 with Martial, Rashford, James... I fear a lack of creativity.

A top striker much be brought in.

@giorno is an absolute crook, using all sorts of mumbo jumbo.:lol:

"Sir there is nothing wrong with that engineless car, you just don't know how to properly drive it."

While I agree that in overall terms he's good enough to go to a lot of good clubs, that doesn't mean he'd be a stylistic fit for those clubs. He has a particular set of strengths & weaknesses that wouldn't suit a lot of clubs.

Plus, I'd imagine his wage demands and the price we're looking for rule out a lot of good clubs too.

Why dont we do a similar 2 year loan + cash deal for James except we can get out of buying him, then trade lukaku on the same deal but they HAVE to buy him.
Surely James would be a better fit for us?
I havent seen him play in ages but jesus a cone would fit better into our system than Lukaku

Why dont we do a similar 2 year loan + cash deal for James except we can get out of buying him, then trade lukaku on the same deal but they HAVE to buy him.
Surely James would be a better fit for us?
I havent seen him play in ages but jesus a cone would fit better into our system than Lukaku

Who is James?

No, he just gave the reason for why we are poor at selling players.

Call it semantics all you want, but he made a good point regarding us devaluing good talent and making poor acquisitions. That puts a cap on what we recoup down the line. Just saying "we'recpoor at selling players" doesn't mean much

Call it semantics all you want, but he made a good point regarding us devaluing good talent and making poor acquisitions. That puts a cap on what we recoup down the line. Just saying "we'recpoor at selling players" doesn't mean much

So I made a point, after several posts we agreed we are poor at selling players and he gave reasons for it. It's not like we disagreed there.

It's easy to see why we are poor at selling, don't need a genius to work that out. There is no point repeating that everytime when the point was made so many times on ManUtd forum.

£63m bid apparently. It's a fair offer and we should accept it, as tempting as it would be to ask for silly money like they did with Perisic.

Good post this.

So I made a point, after several posts we agreed we are poor at selling players and he gave reasons for it. It's not like we disagreed there.

It's easy to see why we are poor at selling, don't need a genius to work that out. There is no point repeating that everytime when the point was made so many times on ManUtd forum.
Speak for yourself. Nothing is pointless when you're bored out of your skull

If it was my decision, I wouldn't go for a striker but a wide forward. Maybe Pépé or Cengiz Under?

Liked Cengiz Under in few games I watched but I think we need player like Pepe who is more goal threat.

Don't you think we need a prolific goal scoring striker or would you be looking at the Mane/Salah sort of thing where the wide players score most the goals?

I would be looking for balance first and foremost. And indeed goals and creativity from the right side attacker is something that we currently don't have and won't have if we go for a striker while Rashford even if he is far from perfect isn't actually far from Lukaku's league output despite playing a lot less and not always playing upfront. Now I assume that we have to choose, maybe we can go for a striker and a wide attacker, in that case I would be curious to know how much someone like Haller would cost because he would be a decent option from a profile standpoint.

If the rumour of Inters bid is true then that’s hilarious! No way is it gonna get accepted, only 9 million up front and the over all fee about 25 million less then we paid for him 2 years ago. They can’t genuinely think it’s gonna get accepted? So why bother?

Lukaku is a decent player and it’s not like their is an abundance of decent strikers on the market, and we would have to pay through our teeth to get one.
so only way we sell him is if they come in with a big bid, not loan deal

I would just loan him out to Inter for a year, (them paying his wages and a loan fee), straight away.

None of this two year loan stuff, with a permanent fee to be paid on the 3rd. If he has a good year in Italy, a league that is very suited to him, there will be a lot more interest we could get a lot more for him next year, with more teams becoming interested

I would just loan him out to Inter for a year, (them paying his wages and a loan fee), straight away.

None of this two year loan stuff, with a permanent fee to be paid on the 3rd. If he has a good year in Italy, a league that is very suited to him, we could get a lot more for him next year...

Or they could realise he's an overweight bully with no first touch and he would come back a year older, a year less on his contract and worth even less?

None of this two year loan stuff, with a permanent fee to be paid on the 3rd. If he has a good year in Italy, a league that is very suited to him, there will be a lot more interest we could get a lot more for him next year, with more teams becoming interested

Unless the loan fee is a very substantial amount, that'd be a dreadful deal, and would be a huge risk he flops, comes back next year, with one year less on his deal, and less chance of selling for even what we can sell for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.