Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Madrid want him, he'll go there. That's really all there is to it. Best to focus on realistic targets. We should surely have an easy win with Todibo?

Just buy him and Joao Nevez and if thats all we can I'd take it honestly + some freebies or loans, we aint gonna compete for title next year, need patience and these two would have potential ti grow with Højlund, Garnacho, Amad, Mainoo for example

What, risk? 50m on an 18 year old CB, with one full season under his belt, in our position is a massive risk. I'm a gambler at heart, but it's obviously a huge risk.

No, the logic that we shouldn’t go for wonderkids but Madrid can just because they have a better overall squad. It’s how you end up toiling with mid table players that have “PL experience” but never develop into anything greater.

I’m not saying Yoro should be given the arm band and start every game for us instantly, but as a club we should be jumping on every opportunity available to sign world class young talent because it isn’t a regular occurence. Sure it’s “expensive and risky” in a traditional sense, but the reality is if he went to Madrid and developed like many expect you’ll just watch him make World XI’s and win countless trophies while wishing our own club had a player like that (not unlike Varane a decade ago).

What, risk? 50m on an 18 year old CB, with one full season under his belt, in our position is a massive risk. I'm a gambler at heart, but it's obviously a huge risk.

He looks stupidly good to be fair. Best young centre back in the world for me.

No, the logic that we shouldn’t go for wonderkids but Madrid can just because they have a better overall squad. It’s how you end up toiling with mid table players that have “PL experience” but never develop into anything greater.

I’m not saying Yoro should be given the arm band and start every game for us instantly, but as a club we should be jumping on every opportunity available to sign world class young talent because it isn’t a regular occurence. Sure it’s “expensive and risky” in a traditional sense, but the reality is if he went to Madrid and developed like many expect you’ll just watch him make World XI’s and win countless trophies while wishing our own club had a player like that (not unlike Varane a decade ago).
I want to go for wonderkids, I am massively on the Joao neves train, but he's been tested at a higher level and it's a different position. I just don't think at CB it would be wise when we've had such problems there, to go for someone so unproven. I reckon you end up paying that for Braithwaite and that's a better investment. If we can afford both, then I'm in agreement for signing him, but I reckon we'll be spending significantly less than £100m+ on CBs.

Defense is probably INEOS biggest headache. At RB AWB has 1 year left on his contract and is not very good. LB is a mess with Shaw losing more games then Martial and Malacia vanishing for most of the season. Meanwhile CB is made up of Martinez (lost most of the season), an ancient Evans, an inexperienced Kambwala + Maguire and Lindelof (both not suited for a high line and both with one year left in their contract)/

I am pretty sure that we've got enough budget set aside for a CB and probably a LB. The rest will rely mostly on our ability to sell players and arrange deals that suits us (ie low fees/fees broken in comfortable installments)

According to the Premier league website Tosin won 57 aerial battle. When compared to United players that's only second to Maguire at 69. Meanwhile Evans had won 35 and Varane had won 21. According to whoscored his aerial won data is 3.2 which is slightly inferior to Maguire's at 3.3 but way better to Evans (1.5), Varane (1.2), and Lindelof (1.2). Leny Yoro is at 1.4 same as Todibo while Branthwaite is at 2.7
Thanks, it just confirms to me that yoro + tosin is a better angle than yoro + Tobido

Thanks, it just confirms to me that yoro + tosin is a better angle than yoro + Tobido

I am with you on this one. We need someone tall alongside Martinez, a Tosin or a Branthwaite. Teams may have an army of short but super skilled/super pacey defenders who are brutal in an effective high line but ultimately someone will still have to defend a set piece or a corner.

He’s decent in the air, that’s about it, his positional play is very average, he doesn’t check his shoulder very often and he’s not great at playing out from the back, basically everything we don’t need as we’re already trying to move away from someone with the exact same skill set.
he’s overhyped like crazy

This. We would be stupid to pay 50 or 60 million Everton would demand. He does not have any obvious qualities. He looks weak in duels, does not have amazing pace or strength. Lastly his passing ability is not good either. Stones had more things going for him when City signed him and everybody thought 50 million was too much for him.

We aren't going to be attractive to the very best 'young stars'

No need to get your hopes up here lads

If he has a 5% chance of going to Madrid, like Camavinga and Mbappe, he’s going to hold out for that. From his perspective playing another half a season at his boyhood club and waiting for his probable dream club is a no brainier

This. We would be stupid to pay 50 or 60 million Everton would demand. He does not have any obvious qualities. He looks weak in duels, does not have amazing pace or strength. Lastly his passing ability is not good either. Stones had more things going for him when City signed him and everybody thought 50 million was too much for him.
50 million back then was a greater amount than paying 50 million now

If he has a 5% chance of going to Madrid, like Camavinga and Mbappe, he’s going to hold out for that. From his perspective playing another half a season at his boyhood club and waiting for his probable dream club is a no brainier
Exactly - there's plenty of other stars unearthed, we need to rely on scouting and good decision makers we have brought in.

I think there’s definitely an element of if Madrid want him he must be the best. I’ve only watched him a handful of times recently and honestly it’s mainly highlights but his not the first team leader in defence I was looking for.

For me we need an experienced player for centre back with two youngsters to develop. I’d put him in this category. He goes to ground a bit more than I would like at the min and his passing can get sloppy.

Not saying he isn’t a diamond in the rough but some reports aren’t really balanced. I think our own French centre back was/is as highly rated before his injury.

The large majority of Everton fans rate Branthwaite higher at the respective stages when they were at Everton to Stones, so either we are all delusional and stupid or perhaps people are using hindsight of what Stones became/don't actually watch enough of Branthwaite to comment. For example you say he looks weak in duels yet he is in the 97th percentile for duels indicating it's a very strong part of his game. Also the notion that he's not quick is strange and not true either.

We defo should pay up and make the offer. However Real Madrid rarely miss out on the man they want.

We defo should pay up and make the offer. However Real Madrid rarely miss out on the man they want.
If Madrid don't want to pay Lille what they want we have a decent shot. There should be plenty of interest from other PL clubs and PSG though.

And there he goes to p*ss his career away. At least his grandkids will be sorted for life with the wages he'll get there.

How do you know whether it is a bad career move? PSG have trusted youth down the years (Zaire Emery being a prime example)

How do you know whether it is a bad career move? PSG have trusted youth down the years (Zaire Emery being a prime example)
"Down the years..." and gives an example from last season.

Because playing for PSG is a complete waste of time.
Why? Consistent CL football - to the R16 at the bare minimum over the past 5 years; best in class domestically; strongly exposure to increase likelihood of making the NT; handsomely paid...

An 18 year old joining the best team in his home country is hardly throwing his life away.

Why? Consistent CL football - to the R16 at the bare minimum over the past 5 years; best in class domestically; strongly exposure to increase likelihood of making the NT; handsomely paid...

An 18 year old joining the best team in his home country is hardly throwing his life away.
I just don't have any time for plastic clubs and B rate leagues.

And there he goes to p*ss his career away. At least his grandkids will be sorted for life with the wages he'll get there.
Nah PSG are going to be a real force in a season or two. Their youth teams and younger players are absurdly good and they're finally moving away from the stupid idea of frontlines like Neymar - Messi - Mbappe.

Bit snobby when some of the best players in our league honed their craft in said B rate league.
He's already playing in a B rate league. Get out of there and test yourself in a proper league. Failing that, stay at Lille a bit longer. PSG is such a boring move.

He's already playing in a B rate league. Get out of there and test yourself in a proper league. Failing that, stay at Lille a bit longer. PSG is such a boring move.
He's only 18 with one full season under his belt, moving to PSG gets him playing in a top team and in the CL. That's like saying no one should move to Celtic or Rangers, obviously they should.

He's only 18 with one full season under his belt, moving to PSG gets him playing in a top team and in the CL. That's like saying no one should move to Celtic or Rangers, obviously they should.
He can play Champions League football with Lille if they win their qualifier. Nobody with genuine ambition should move to Celtic or Rangers, but at least they are proper clubs, unlike PSG.

"Down the years..." and gives an example from last season.

I could have mentioned Kimpembe or Rabiot from years prior. Not sure why you imply last season does not count, Luis Enrique's reliance on Barcola, Beraldo and WZE is a clear sign youth is trusted at the club.

I could have mentioned Kimpembe or Rabiot from years prior. Not sure why you imply last season does not count, Luis Enrique's reliance on Barcola, Beraldo and WZE is a clear sign youth is trusted at the club.
One or two historical examples isn't the strongest evidence youth is trusted to be honest.

And I never implied that. You said down the years which implies more than just last year.

Liverpool have entered the race for Leny #Yoro of the @losclive , one of the most sought after defenders in Europe. PSG_inside @RealMadrid @ManUtd have moved for him, having been pushing for some time without yet having found an agreement, especially with the player, but the Reds entered forcefully

Type of signing Ineos need to be making if they are serious

Madrid not willing to pay what Lille wants. We have to be all over this!

Type of signing Ineos need to be making if they are serious

Agree. These are the types of no brainer transfers that you see clubs like Real normally make and then wonder "how do they do it" when Yoro is 20 years old bossing a CL semi final. We need to be jumping on obvious world class talents before they go to other big clubs and become unobtainnable.

Yeah, Lucho seems like he wants to play youth. The guys looking for a move should be one of Kolo Muani or Ramos (presumably Ramos - being foreign - but who knows), Soler - who I think will move - and Mukiele.

Agree. These are the types of no brainer transfers that you see clubs like Real normally make and then wonder "how do they do it" when Yoro is 20 years old bossing a CL semi final. We need to be jumping on obvious world class talents before they go to other big clubs and become unobtainnable.

Young players at DM and RCB should be looking to come here. A couple of them to come in and form a core with Hojlund, Bruno, Garnacho, Amad, Mount, Mainoo, Shaw, Lisandro, Dalot, Onana over the next 3-4 years looks like a promising Dortmund/Napoli kind of team. He can always force a move to Real down the line if we're not back by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.