Leny Yoro | 8pm announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tosin
Yoro
Neves

Give me.just that with a few outs that we all think are happening and I'm happy. Throw in a striker as well and I might actually ditch the paper bag when I go to games.

Tosin
Yoro
Neves

Give me.just that with a few outs that we all think are happening and I'm happy. Throw in a striker as well and I might actually ditch the paper bag when I go to games.

Think we could really do with another left footed centre back or left back, so maybe someone else in place of Yoro. Another great prospect, who can play both centre back and left back, is Hato of Ajax. Wouldn't mind him here at all.

As for Neves, granted I've not seen much of him, I've been watching Mainoo and Amrabat over the last couple of games, and can't help but think we'd be so much better with a player who is similar to Amrabat stylistically, but obviously more talented and dynamic.

Time will tell, but four good, sensible signings could really push us on next season.

CB/LB
CB
CDM
ST

If they only want £45 million for him we should snap their hands off at that price as I doubt he’d want a massive wage, let’s just say he wants £5 million a year that’s £10 million a year on the balance sheet over 5 years for arguably the biggest defensive talent in world football and who’s value will most likely double.
The problem is that apparently they want much more than that. Apparently Madrid were quoted a 100 million price for him and that's where they pulled out.

I don't think there was ever a real chance for him to get called up despite his quality and potential. He has Upamecano and Konate ahead of him who were involved in the 2022 WC and he has Saliba who is arguably the best CB in the world right now. Other options are all versatile and can play in multiple positions along the back unlike Yoro who is a pure CB.

The problem is that apparently they want much more than that. Apparently Madrid were quoted a 100 million price for him and that's where they pulled out.

They will fold for less than that, he has a year left on his deal. You could probably get an even better deal still if you agree to loan him back for that year, which would mean they effectively get keep him until the end of his contract AND get a fee. Loaning him back for a year would probably be a sensible move tbh.

With Hermoso contract running out, why spend so much on a player who just finished his first season at Ligue 1?

With Hermoso contract running out, why spend so much on a player who just finished his first season at Ligue 1?
Who is Hermoso? Second season for Lille. (EDIT: Third, technically. He made his debut in 2021/22 season at 16, second youngest Lille player ever, younger than a certain Eden Hazard). Price tag for Yoro is down to pedigree, he's allegedly the biggest French defensive talent since Varane broke through.

Who is Hermoso? Second season for Lille. (EDIT: Third, technically. He made his debut in 2021/22 season at 16, second youngest Lille player ever, younger than a certain Eden Hazard). Price tag for Yoro is down to pedigree, he's allegedly the biggest French defensive talent since Varane broke through.

Mario Hermoso, plays LCB for Atletico.

I don't think there was ever a real chance for him to get called up despite his quality and potential. He has Upamecano and Konate ahead of him who were involved in the 2022 WC and he has Saliba who is arguably the best CB in the world right now. Other options are all versatile and can play in multiple positions along the back unlike Yoro who is a pure CB.
Cheers.

Mario Hermoso, plays LCB for Atletico.
Bit of a random comparison in all, no? Hermoso is 10 years older, a lot shorter (for a CB), and they play a back three.

Bit of a random comparison in all, no? Hermoso is 10 years older, a lot shorter (for a CB), and they play a back three.

But he's pretty much a proven solid Center Back. If Yono and Hermoso were competing for the same spot, my money would be Hermoso to be picked. He's 1.84m, not that short. And his jumping is quite impressive, he does very well in aerial battles. Not really a comparison, is just the way it is: Yono will cost tons of money and will offer less guarantess than Hermoso who is out of contract this season.

But he's pretty much a proven solid Center Back. If Yono and Hermoso were competing for the same spot, my money would be Hermoso to be picked. He's 1.84m, not that short. And his jumping is quite impressive, he does very well in aerial battles. Not really a comparison, is just the way it is: Yono will cost tons of money and will offer less guarantess than Hermoso who is out of contract this season.

They are not even comparable options at all. Hermoso would literally be an attractive option just because he is free, while Yoro is probably the most highly-rated young centre-half in world football. It’s like comparing Endrick to Guiraissy. If a top club has the opportunity to get Yoro, they will get him ahead of Hermoso.

He also probably won’t cost ‘tons of money’ with one year left on his contract.

The person I was replying too said about Lille wanting £40+ million ? I just presumed that’s what’s been quoted ? If it’s £100 million then that’s a different story at his age.

The person I was replying too said about Lille wanting £40+ million ? I just presumed that’s what’s been quoted ? If it’s £100 million then that’s a different story at his age.
That's what Marca said. Granted they're not always the most reliable but it would explain Madrid backing away. 40 million is a no brainer for a player as promising as him.

They are not even comparable options at all. Hermoso would literally be an attractive option just because he is free, while Yoro is probably the most highly-rated young centre-half in world football. It’s like comparing Endrick to Guiraissy. If a top club has the opportunity to get Yoro, they will get him ahead of Hermoso.

He also probably won’t cost ‘tons of money’ with one year left on his contract.

Endrick is actually a player I watch with some frequency and while I agree he has potential, I'm still finding it difficult to see him reach the price Real paid for him to be very honest.

I understand your point of view, though. We all like to have the romantic football dream where we hire the young talented player that will blossom into a ballon d'or contender at our club, but statistics prove that most of those players will never reach a good enough level to start games at a top club, nevermind reaching their full potential.

And Hermoso actually has a very stable career overall, more stable than Guiraissy. Unless we get Yoro for a price lower than 30-40M due to his contract expiring June 2025, I don't think it's worth the gamble. And bare in mind that playing along with Maguire will probably make him regress :D

Tosin
Yoro
Neves

Add Barkley on a free and Toney and I’d be happy with that this summer.

2 generational talents and 3 prem proven homegrown players to improve the squad. Probably still short at RW and LB though, crazy how many signings we actually need

Hermoso is left-footed and predominantly plays on the left. Yoro is playing on the right in central defence. If we hire another manager that cares about positional play principles or ten Hag stays, then it will matter whether they are left-footed or not. If anything Hermoso would compete with Martinez, while Yoro would play alongside Martinez or Hermoso in this scenario.

Due to the large number of players we need and FFP, I don't think we can afford £50m on an 18yr old that even with the potential he has, shouldn't be an immediate starter for us anytime soon.

I'd prefer to bring in Tosin and Todibo for the RCB slot
Have Martinez and Shaw for the LCB slot
Then a floater of Kambwala as 5th choice

We can then sell Lindelof and Maguire, release Evans and Varane. I think this would be transfer fees neutral as Todibo is probs £50m, Tosin free and we should be able to recoup £50m for Lindeguire.

I know 5 hasn't been enough CBs this year but we can't have any more as in a normal season they wouldn't get enough individual time.

We would then need a 1st choice LB signing - I'd push the boat out for Theo Hernandez or if not achievable Grimaldi or Gutierrez

If he had a longer contract then he would probably be more expensive than that but still.. One year left.. They've set the price quite high but a lot of clubs want him so i wouldn't be surprised if they get something close to the quoted fee. €40m-€50m maybe, clauses included.

Due to the large number of players we need and FFP, I don't think we can afford £50m on an 18yr old that even with the potential he has, shouldn't be an immediate starter for us anytime soon.

We can then sell Lindelof and Maguire, release Evans and Varane. I think this would be transfer fees neutral as Todibo is probs £50m, Tosin free and we should be able to recoup £50m for Lindeguire.

I know 5 hasn't been enough CBs this year but we can't have any more as in a normal season they wouldn't get enough individual time.

We would then need a 1st choice LB signing - I'd push the boat out for Theo Hernandez or if not achievable Grimaldi or Gutierrez
And bang goes any arial ability. Tosin is ok, it’s not a strong point of Todibo, shaw or Martinez

Tosin is a literal giant
Yeah but that doesn’t necessarily equate to being able to head the ball. Peter crouch is a giant. Hojlund is a big boy. Yet both can’t head.

edit: ok the powers of google indicate that he’s good in the air so at least that’s one

Depends how good of a talent he is. £50m for a CB who should be in your team for 10 years pays itself off very quickly. Get Tosin on a free and your covered.

Todibo’s and Yoro’s heading stats look pretty much identical.
Funny you say that because I don’t know but recently watched Yoro and despite his stature I felt he hid away a little from corners etc. but he’s only 18 and he can learn. The other lad I’m not sure.

just think that the last CB we brought in wasn’t adept at winning arial duels, so with the potential loss of Maguire we need to make up for it somehow. It’s still an important weapon in the English game

Braithwaite is one of our targets this summer.

Braithwaite and Martinez for left
Tosin and Maguire (if he is sold, we will get someone) for right.
Willy as backup.

for 50m it's a no brainer. Hundred times a better investment than spending 70m on Brantwaithe.

Braithwaite is one of our targets this summer.

Braithwaite and Martinez for left
Tosin and Maguire (if he is sold, we will get someone) for right.
Willy as backup.
Sounds like a terrible decision.

We aren't going to be attractive to the very best 'young stars'

No need to get your hopes up here lads

Yeah but that doesn’t necessarily equate to being able to head the ball. Peter crouch is a giant. Hojlund is a big boy. Yet both can’t head.

edit: ok the powers of google indicate that he’s good in the air so at least that’s one

According to the Premier league website Tosin won 57 aerial battle. When compared to United players that's only second to Maguire at 69. Meanwhile Evans had won 35 and Varane had won 21. According to whoscored his aerial won data is 3.2 which is slightly inferior to Maguire's at 3.3 but way better to Evans (1.5), Varane (1.2), and Lindelof (1.2). Leny Yoro is at 1.4 same as Todibo while Branthwaite is at 2.7

If we brought in Yoro, Adarabiyio and Gutierrez that allows Shaw to be used as either a left back or centre back for next season whilst we’d still have Martinez, Maguire and Kambwala so a £75 million pound outlay on Yoro and Gutierrez as Gutierrez has a £30 million release clause just makes perfect sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.