La Liga 2024/25

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Hello friends, welcome to the first year of Mbappe.

- Champion: Real Madrid
- Champions League: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Girona, Atlético
- Europa League: Athletic, Real Sociedad
- Conference League: Betis

Historical ranking: https://www.marca.com/futbol/primera-division/clasificacion-historica.html

Can anyone overshadow Madrid?
Will Flick adapt to Barcelona or will Barcelona adapt to Flick?
Will Bellingham be able to repeat his numbers? Will Yamal establish himself as a superstar? What will happen with Mbappe?

Can anyone overshadow Madrid?
Will Flick adapt to Barcelona or will Barcelona adapt to Flick?
Will Bellingham be able to repeat his numbers? Will Yamal establish himself as a superstar? What will happen with Mbappe?
Narrator: Find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z!

I think Madrid will dissapoint but still win the league. They are looking unbalanced right now with very few defenders in their prime and I wouldn't be surprised if Bellingham is worse and Mbappe and Vinicius have a hard time adapting to each other.

Narrator: Find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z!
Had the same thought :lol:

See if we can go the season without major injuries / fatigue. Have to trust Carlo and Pintus to get it right. Still not sure about Mbappe.

I think Madrid will dissapoint but still win the league. They are looking unbalanced right now with very few defenders in their prime and I wouldn't be surprised if Bellingham is worse and Mbappe and Vinicius have a hard time adapting to each other.
Relying on big seasons from Camavinga and an injury free Militao, expecting to see Tchouameni in CB a lot

Flick at Barca just has "massive implosion" written all over it. I will definitely be watching that while eating popcorn.

La Liga is so desperate for funding and attention that they'll put an extra 15 hours + jet lag of wear and tear on their players mid season for this.
They have their winter break afterwards so the travel shouldn’t be too bad. But the whole idea of hosting a league game in a different country is obviously horrendous.

They have their winter break afterwards so the travel shouldn’t be too bad. But the whole idea of hosting a league game in a different country is obviously horrendous.
I hope it never happens. It looks terribly out of place, and not just literally.

Three 17-year-olds in the Barca starting XI to open the season. No Olmo as they can't register him.

Three 17-year-olds in the Barca starting XI to open the season. No Olmo as they can't register him.
Wait, not at all? Or just for now?
Anyways, I'm excited to see Hansi back at club football. I certainly do not expect it to be boring, but i'm not sure if it will be in favor of Barca or at their expense.

You can only sell Barsa Studios so many times to be able to balance the books.

Wait, not at all? Or just for now?
Anyways, I'm excited to see Hansi back at club football. I certainly do not expect it to be boring, but i'm not sure if it will be in favor of Barca or at their expense.

I'm sure they'll register him before the window shuts. They have this scenario at the start of every season it seems.

But yeah, Barcelona should be a very interesting watch this year, one way or the other!

You can only sell Barsa Studios so many times to be able to balance the books.

They could always sell us Frenkie de... wait...

The players will deal with it, but they would be taking away one of the biggest games of the season away from the local fans to host it thousands of miles away in front of people that mostly wouldn't care about it. And what about the people who buy passes and then get it taken away? Nah, feck that.

Garbage like this needs a nuclear response that dwarfs the ESL protests. I'd certainly hope so if the Premier League/FA/whoever decides to try it. I know La Liga need money, or they say they do, but they need to find another way.

This goal should count. He’s onside.

Not watching the game and only looking at Barca‘s squad: they are desperately lacking goal scorers. They have (a declining) Lewy but that is basically it. Olmo is great when healthy (and registered…) but the other attackers at their disposal are not exactly known for scoring goals.

I was at the game, that number 20 for Valencia might just be the worst footballer I've ever seen

Same lineup as vs Atalanta for the game against Mallorca

GVSAiiLXYAABk3O

Looks a buzz around Mallorca, 20k season tickets sold!

Nice to see all the Spanish grounds that were built in the 90s have been remodelled with the running tracks replaced by stands right behind the goal. Far more intense feel to the atmosphere now and Mallorca had a good start.

The treatment in Spain of Vinicius is disgraceful. He’s being jeered with every touch.

The attacking potential is honestly terrifying :lol:

Ancelotti's "everyone attack down the left" tactic should not work but it just does with these players. Terrifying how they just overload you.

The attacking potential is honestly terrifying :lol:
Bellingham to Mbappé
Oh you got the ball? Here's Vinicius to intercept and then back heel to Rodrygo for a casual far post finish

You'll only have to play for 30 minutes most games this season and then close it out

The players will deal with it, but they would be taking away one of the biggest games of the season away from the local fans to host it thousands of miles away in front of people that mostly wouldn't care about it. And what about the people who buy passes and then get it taken away? Nah, feck that.

Yeah this is what pisses me off too. It's almost criminal to let the fans buy such an expensive season ticket and then move one of the best games you could watch to another country. I find this hilarious in the NFL, where season ticket holders only get to watch like 8 home games, and then they move one to Mexico or Brazil or Germany or wherever. It's ridiculous.

Other clubs can only hope that Vinicius and Mbappe will be problem for each other. I wouldn't be surprised if they get in a fight sooner or later, will be interesting if Real Madrid and Ancelotti will be able to solve it long term.

Looks a buzz around Mallorca, 20k season tickets sold!

Nice to see all the Spanish grounds that were built in the 90s have been remodelled with the running tracks replaced by stands right behind the goal. Far more intense feel to the atmosphere now and Mallorca had a good start.
Even Malaga (finally back in La Liga 2(!)) sold out all their season tickets. There is a real buzz in the city.