La liga 2022/23

- Vinicius telling Maffeo "When you leave football you will have to look for another job because you will never have as much money as I did."
- " I don't understand how you can steal a ball from me if you're very bad."

Last year at the Bernabéu match also with Mallorca.

As revealed by Cadena Ser. The Brazilian, who in some plays abused the dribbles with the game already resolved, had phrases of disregard towards the visitors. "You are very bad" or "what do you think you are going to win?"

Link

Fali (Cádiz) : "Vinicius told us we were a Second Division club"

Link

Then that hatred lasts year after year and things get worse.
As I said, everyone is partly to blame.

It's normal for there to be some clashes as you say, but for defenders to go around saying publicly what is going on and when he is being called a monkey...
Eric García also joked with him about the balon de oro and it wouldn't have been known if it wasn't for the cameras. Ramos used to say "who are you?", "who signed you?" and no one went to snitch to the press.
If we don't defend good players we end up encouraging a crude style where defenders do whatever they want.

It's normal for there to be some clashes as you say, but for defenders to go around saying publicly what is going on and when he is being called a monkey...
Eric García also joked with him about the balon de oro and it wouldn't have been known if it wasn't for the cameras. Ramos used to say "who are you?", "who signed you?" and no one went to snitch to the press.
If we don't defend good players we end up encouraging a crude style where defenders do whatever they want.

Why did the international center back tell him that? "You have not taken what he said before, right?", revealed Jordi Alba, captain of the Spanish national team, to Cadena SER, asked about the Eric-Vinicius pique, slipping an alleged previous provocation of the Brazilian. But what? "Let Eric tell you. If it had been me I would have said it directly, but he is a piece of bread. I say this because Eric is going to look different and it's not."

Link

You have to defend all players equally, whether they are good or not so good.

It is normal that there are disputes such as more or less strong kicks. The problem is that unacceptable behaviour is not punished harshly.

And I'm going to put you the case of Iago Aspas.
He is the best player at Celta de Vigo by far and has saved the club from relegation for several years.

He is a disgusting player, cnut, asshole and more could be said about him.
What he did the other day in the match against Betis is to give him a ten-game ban. And they haven't even sanctioned him, it's a shame. Not even with the Var.
If he had been heavily penalized the first time he did this kind of thing, he wouldn't be doing it now. And so with everyone. That's the problem.

If the problems are not stopped at the moment, they get worse and it becomes a never-ending spiral.

I stopped watching La Liga after Messi left Barca and I only catch random game every week or two. it's actually crazy how shit most games are. whenever I put La Liga game in background, I swear it's always 0-0. always the same tumescent, bankrupted shite.

Focusing on the fouls and what happens on the pitch in general is missing the forest for the trees. The problem is what happens in the stands. Yesterday some genius managed to call him a son of a bitch during the fecking minute of silence. And that is somehow still a step up from the usual, since at least it wasn't racist...

I entirely agree with you. Fouls and rest of actions happening on the pitch don't explain the whole story, but they still help the outsider understand one of the many symptoms why the treatment is different in Spain and out of Spain and one of the reasons the characteristics of the player cannot be used as excuse.

By they way, Vinicius has actually received 82 fouls in the league, not 79. I got it wrong before.

Torres is on fire today! Fati on the other hand really poor again.

It's not looking good for Valencia

Ruben Baraja's first match as manager for them. He has a mediocre record generally in charge of clubs so feels like they're really put the white flag up now and just gambling on ex player to quell fan protests.

About Amancio, at the time he was so important and the press so surreal that photos appeared of his operation to reconstruct his tendons, after this foul, of "the butchers of Granada" in the 70s.
The guy wasn't sent off.

He was also the protagonist of one of those grandiloquent phrases that are repeated on big days.
It seems that on his debut he was given a shirt without the badge, and when he went to ask Di Stefano told him that to wear the badge he first had to sweat the shirt.

And yet, this Barca side is the best defensive side of all time statistically, and on course for 102 points.

That’s Barca fecked right? Apparently they wouldn’t miss CL money if they got to the EL final so all was gravy

And yet, this Barca side is the best defensive side of all time statistically, and on course for 102 points.
They're sort of perfect to beat weaker spanish teams, also they've been pretty damn lucky, also their players are immune to cards for some reason. Off the top of my head Gavi alone should have been sent off 35 times this season :D

They're sort of perfect to beat weaker spanish teams, also they've been pretty damn lucky, also their players are immune to cards for some reason. Off the top of my head Gavi alone should have been sent off 35 times this season :D

If the league is so weak, why can't we just stroll through it like Barca though?

You know, its embarassing how long its been since we have defended a league title, 15 years ago!

I guess most spanish teams they face are the level of 1st half United. They controlled that half superbly well and completely choked out the game. I can see why it is so difficult to score against them.

I guess most spanish teams they face are the level of 1st half United. They controlled that half superbly well and completely choked out the game. I can see why it is so difficult to score against them.
Barcelona have a similar xGA as Real Madrid this season. They concede chances, they just haven't turned into goals.
They have not been good at controlling full games and don't really play amazingly well. But it's been good enough.

I have a hard time seeing this last the entire season, but I'm biased of course.

Tbf they also trashed us in the Supercopa. Granted we were at a low and have been in LaLiga, but still. I can see them winning the Clasico to widen the gap even more.

But Xavi does seem to do poor in Europe. In fairness to him, didn’t Koeman already feck up last season in the CL? So that he gets a pass on, but the CL and EL this season…could just be bad luck I suppose. Curious what impact it will have on their plans.

Just noticed the Betis result (because we just drew them)
What the feck happened there.. Bottom of the table Elche were 2 up.. got 2 straight red in 2 mins.. Betis took it to 2-2..
Elche got a 3rd red and Betis scored from a pen in the 95th min to win it.. (3rd pen for Betis in the game)
Adn the 2 straight reds were not pen related..
What happened?

Just noticed the Betis result (because we just drew them)
What the feck happened there.. Bottom of the table Elche were 2 up.. got 2 straight red in 2 mins.. Betis took it to 2-2..
Elche got a 3rd red and Betis scored from a pen in the 95th min to win it.. (3rd pen for Betis in the game)
Adn the 2 straight reds were not pen related..
What happened?
Elche scored 2 in the first 10 minutes(one a pen), then got a red card for the rare and elusive dogso handball early in the second half. Then Betis drew level, the first a pen. Then they got another penalty for handball and the ref sent off somebody from the Elche bench, pen was missed, then betis got another penalty for handball and the defender was already on a yellow so sent off. They scored that one and won.

Interesting this, two changes in midfield with respect to Liverpool game. Ceballos and Kroos instead of Camavinga and Modric.

Also Asensio instead of Rodrygo.

Interesting this, two changes in midfield with respect to Liverpool game. Ceballos and Kroos instead of Camavinga and Modric.

Also Asensio instead of Rodrygo.

Modric i understand, but Rodrygo is young, he can handle it, there is no reason to be starting Asensio here.

Modric i understand, but Rodrygo is young, he can handle it, there is no reason to be starting Asensio here.

I like Asensio. I think he was playing better since Xmas and I understand that Ancelotti resorts to rotations in a season with World Cup, CL, Liga, Club World Cup, 2 Supercups and Copa.

I like Asensio. I think he was playing better since Xmas and I understand that Ancelotti resorts to rotations in a season with World Cup, CL, Liga, Club World Cup, 2 Supercups and Copa.
I remember being so jealous of you guys having Asensio. A shame he couldn’t maintain his form and reach the next level

Interested in how Barrios does today at the Bernebeu. Only watched him once before, the kid looks a bit like Rodri

I should probably place a bet on Savic getting send off.

Commentators just said Atletico has improved during last games but Savic has been playing worse. He could have problems to defend his side given the nature of Madrid attackers.

This camera angle is so high.

Atleti started well but hard to see them doing much if Real Madrid get an early goal, haven't refreshed their midfield enough in last five seasons.