La Liga - 2012/2013

100 goals for Messi this season.

There is marked difference in Barcelona's approach under Titi and one can see that even in 15 minutes.

Under Guardiola it was a lot more possession based from the start whereas right now there is a lot more impetus on just attacking the goal and even more individuality.If this is the way he wants to shape this team then they will be more vulnerable defensively but I feel they will also show a new side to their attack.I love his sort of swashbuckling football, think Zico's Brazil.

i think that remains to be seen. they're playing sociedad at home.

i'll wait to see what their tactics are 10-15 games into the campaign.

I've gotten very tired and bored by the way Barca played at times, but if Tito will get them to attack more, then even I will start to cheer for you guys in La Liga. Now for you to get rid of Mascherano and Biscuits.. :drool:

Isn't the druggie a Chelsea fan?

To be honest most goals are as a result of poor defending. Sociedad's goal was the same. Just in that third the defender should have cleared it before Messi got to it. He just wasn't on his toes.

You're right ofcourse, my point was you don't see the defending analysed on here unless it's a Barca or Messi goal.

i think that remains to be seen. they're playing sociedad at home.

i'll wait to see what their tactics are 10-15 games into the campaign.

I agree that is why I have not formed a definite opinion yet.

But still there definitely is a difference so far imo, earlier even when they smashed teams 8-0 there was a difference in style, I have never seen them so attack focused.

This is one of those games that's going to be good for Barca's goal difference. Doesn't matter, we'll outscore them again :p

And it won't come to gd anyway :cool:

This is one of those games that's going to be good for Barca's goal difference. Doesn't matter, we'll outscore them again :P

And it won't come to gd anyway :cool:

Surely as a Real fan you should know that La Liga is not decided on goal difference.

If you finish level on points with Barca, it goes down to head-to-head.

You're right ofcourse, my point was you don't see the defending analysed on here unless it's a Barca or Messi goal.

Sure you do. On Real Madrid and Barcelona goals constantly. This really is the 'How are Real and Barca doing this week thread' because people aren't really talking about the other games because they aren't watching.

If you'll have a look at the PL thread you'll see a bunch of comments like that.

You might think you see it often regarding Barca or Messi because they/he score more goals than most teams. You get a bigger variety of goals. His goals today haven't been the prettiest. Most cases he wouldn't end up with the ball in a chance like he did but the ball fell for him and he's a ruthless at punishing defenders mistakes.

why hasn't anyone bought greizmann yet? he's been class for about 3 years now

He's the player I've been following outside the big teams there. Really like his style. Good player. Their scouts did a good job on picking him up from France.

He's the player I've been following outside the big teams there. Really like his style. Good player. Their scouts did a good job on picking him up from France.

He was 13 when he moved to Sociedad.

Yes. The scouts picked him up when he was 14.

Maybe you're right. I doubt their scouts would only realised he existed after he had moved there already.

Hmm...Barca are passing the ball a lot quicker than last season and Spain in the summer.

Wonder if this is a feature of Villanova or weather they're just having a good day.

So he moved to Sociedad and then was picked up by the scouts. Wow.

No. He was discovered in France and moved only because of Sociedad. Not like his family moved to Spain and he joined from there. They saw him play in France, offered him a trial, liked him even more after that and persuaded the parents into the deal.

Maybe Bebe was bought by United first and three years later will decide to become a footballer?

Snow, I know, I know.

Messi almost with a hat trick. Would have been a good goal. He's sure to finish with at least 3 today.

So watching this lot playing like that, how do everyone think Rooney, Van Persie & Kagawa will compare?