La Liga - 2012/2013

That's the second third time I've noticed that Alba is on the bench and Adriano in the starting lineup.

I assumed Alba would've been a starter in this team, has Adriano been that good?

That's the second third time I've noticed that Alba is on the bench and Adriano in the starting lineup.

I assumed Alba would've been a starter in this team, has Adriano been that good?

Just came back from an illness I believe

The economist said he would release more detailed financial details on Europe's top five leagues on Friday and that he was working on research showing the long-term detrimental financial effect that Jose Mourinho's transfer policies had on clubs he managed.

Now that could make interesting reading - particularly in light of the Jose vs. Pep thread in the United forum.

Alba had been recovering from influenza

I sometimes wonder if you watch much Spanish footy, Vato. This is the sort of match I anticipated after the two last season.

Strange to see frustrations boil over like that tonight between Leo & Villa - that looked heated. Two banks of 4, tough to crack but I guess that was Tito's plan to go with a poacher like Villa in the 1st half and then go with speed in Tello/Pedro in the 2nd. Doesn't help that Cesc & Thiago have been subpar tonight, very little in the way of creating much space/chances for others. Xavi is sure to come on unless Tito tries the 3-4-3 again.

Siqueira has done a great job on Alexis and been a threat the other way - one of the underrated LB talents in the Primera

Barca have been quite poor and it's surprising that they've often resorted to long balls and some route one football. And there actually is a team in the world worse at corners than us :lol:

That Messi vs Villa exchange was interesting!

I recall being very excited about Brahimi after a youth World Cup a few years back. He never really lived up to those performances.

Is it just me or Alexis Sanchez doesn't look as impressive as he was for Udinese?
Now that I've said this, expect him to have a blinder now.

Is it just me or Alexis Sanchez doesn't look as impressive as he was for Udinese?
Now that I've said this, expect him to have a blinder now.

Yeah, I don't really rate him tbh. He just suits their system more than others.

Oh, and :lol: @Barca playing Song and Mascherano at CB! Who needs defenders anyway? Just play loads of midfielders!

That was almost a terrific assist from messi.

Great save again!

Alexis dives every game, twat.

Should've scored, hits it straight at Valdes

And another top save.

This Granada keeper is having the game of his life. Their defense seems to read Barca's flicks and passes in advance.

Granada just had back-to-back counters and fecked both up.

Quality goalkeeping performance.

What a goal by Xavi that was.

This game could've been a pretty embarassing score if not for the keeper, to be fair. That save from Fabregas' shot was amazing.

Messi looks a bit disinterested at times for some reason. Just sort of standing round a lot of the time expecting the ball to be played to him. Shame to see him becoming more and more of an impact player. Hell of an impact player granted (not really an impact player, but going in that direction if that makes sense), and it's not like he's just a goalscorer obviously, but his overall impact on a game is diminishing no doubt. Barca really rely on him for goals and it shows in the positions he takes up and the way he's playing.

Ha, just as I type that...

It's a big reason why Pep was switching to the 3-4-3, there were too many defenses lining up like Grenada with 2 blocks of 4 in defense - waiting to spring their lightning counters

At least they're getting the shots on goal, just failing to convert. I thought it was a very tepid performance from them tonight. Busquets MOTM, for me. Song did great at CB and Bartra never left the bench. Can't wait for Iniesta, Alba, Puyol & Pique to get back

It's a big reason why Pep was switching to the 3-4-3, there were too many defenses lining up like Grenada with 2 blocks of 4 in defense - waiting to spring their lightning counters

At least they're getting the shots on goal, just failing to convert. I thought it was a very tepid performance from them tonight. Busquets MOTM, for me. Song did great at CB and Bartra never left the bench. Can't wait for Iniesta, Alba, Puyol & Pique to get back

He was alright but Dani Alves (beast in defense) and Xavi were better for me. And of course the real MOTM was Toño.

Brilliant last 10 mins. Granada really messed up their chances on the break and a stunner from Xavi. He's such a brilliant player.