La Liga - 2012/2013

Atleti just love losing to the big 2. They used to have a good record againsy barca but this is heading for 6 straight defeats to them.

Messi didn't do much, but one notable moment and another one a bit funny.

Messi%20pass%20Tello%20A.Madrid.gif

Messi%20pass%20Tello%202%20A.Madrid.gif

Just look at how the Barça players are standing still staring at Messi in the 2nd one, it's ridiculous. There was a similar moment earlier in the season where he made an insane dribble against 5-6 Benfica players and his unmarked team mates weren't anticipating his pass.

Saturday 18th May 2013
Getafe 0-1 Valencia Full time
Granada 3-0 Osasuna Full time
Sevilla 0-0 Real Sociedad

Sunday 19th May 2013
Levante v Rayo Vallecano 11:00
Deportivo v Espanyol 16:00
Barcelona v Valladolid 20:00

Monday 20th May 2013
Mallorca v Real Betis 21:00

To be decided.
The relegation places and the final CL spot

Real Sociedad and Valencia started the day level on points but with Real on top due to head to heads. However Valencia have already won their game and Real Sociedad have just started theirs.

As much as I'd prefer Valencia to get the spot, Sociedad simply deserve it more after humiliating Valencia this season. Would be a shame for them to throw it away now

As much as I'd prefer Valencia to get the spot, Sociedad simply deserve it more after humiliating Valencia this season. Would be a shame for them to throw it away now

RS were a goal down after 11 minutes. They've just equalised - Rakitic has scored both goals :D

And gone one up. Agirretxe, on an awesome run of form this late in the season.

Barca are supposed to be getting their trophy tonight at the Nou Camp yet the number of supporters in the stadium is embarrassing. Clearly the fans are disguised as plastic seats.

Apparently people had been warned to stay at home because of bad weather conditions (is what the Sky commentator said)

Oddly, given first place was decided about 8 months ago, La Liga still has two matches left and there's enough to play for that this week's matches are all at 8pm (7pm UK) tonight. The final games are all on Saturday 1st at 9pm (8pm UK)

Sunday 26th May 2013 (UK times)
Athletic Bilbao v Levante 19:00
Atl Madrid v Mallorca 19:00
Espanyol v Barcelona 19:00
Getafe v Rayo Vallecano 19:00
Malaga v Deportivo 19:00
Osasuna v Sevilla 19:00
Real Betis v Real Zaragoza 19:00
Real Sociedad v Real Madrid 19:00
Valencia v Granada 19:00
Valladolid v Celta de Vigo 19:00

So, Espanyol will be trying to stop Barcelona getting 100 Liga points. They're a bit annoyed with Barca right now as the Town Hall rented them this statue for a month.

1369220235027.jpg

Real Sociedad and Valencia are playing for the last CL place - level on points with Real on top on head to heads.

Mathematically, any of the bottom six can still get relegated or save themselves. Realistically Mallorca and Celta will probably get relegated tonight.

Meanwhile, a nod to the promoted. Elche are back in La Liga 1 after 25 years. The second automatic promotion spot will probably go to either Almeria or Villareal (go Mediterranean!) Incidentally Barcelona B and Real Madrid B (Castilla) are the top scorers in Liga 2, but only Xerez has a worst defensive record than those two.

Actually, the Columbus monument was rented to Nike, not the club, in order to promote the new kits until June 9.

Hector Moreno out for Asspanyol due to muscle discomfort which will make Aguirre's task all the more difficult. Will there be a Paseo or not is the big question for some. I'm more interested to see if Thiago starts let alone features in the match.

Sociedad have reason to get points against RM who are already looking at finishing 2nd in La liga, 13 pts behind the champs - already the largest margin in Liga history.

Barcelona line-up (official):

Valdes
Alves Pique Mascherano Alba
Thiago Song Iniesta
Alexis Cesc Villa​

Tonight's other shopping opportunities are afforded by:
Hypermarket Real Madrid - Diego López; Arbeloa, Carvalho, Albiol, Marcelo; Essien, Khedira; Callejón, Modric, Kaká e Higuaín.
(Ronaldo's injured)

who are playing fourth place Real Sociedad

or for a boutique shopping experience, why not try Malaga:
Caballero, Jesús Gámez, Demichelis, Welligton, Eliseu; Toulalan, Iturra; Joaquín, Isco, Baptista y Saviola.

who are playing relegation threatened Deportivo

He'll be benched but probably not sold. He's been satisfied on the bench before and he's a Madrid homegrown so they'll definitely want to keep him.
If Adan doesn't go as well they'll have again 3 homegrown spots filled for the CL by goalkeepers. That's pretty much ideal.

How Valencia haven't scored yet is beyond me. Only a matter of time.

Fabregas isn't van Persie, that's for sure.

Great ball from Song Fabregas hits the post from about 10 yards out.

You sure? Sure enough for me to put £100 on them?
Looks like the kind of game where Valencia dominate and Granada counter-attack, which they're very good at. £10 maybe, I wouldn't bet any more than that personally.

Wish I could be bothered with streams tonight but on a poor laptop, looking at the stats Sociedad seem to be outplaying Real Madrid too.

Tito still looks really ill. I wonder if returning from his treatment so soon was the best idea for him.

Villa, what a miss. :eek: Even the keeper didn't believe it.

The legendary Sergio Canales has just arrived onto the pitch.