Knox/Sollecito Appeal Verdict due Today

She's guilty all right, She stole my heart.

amanda-knox.jpg

She can't be guilty, she is too beautiful to be a criminal

Yes that sounds likely. Wasn't Double Jeopardy ignored with the suspects in the Stephen Lawrence case where they had been originally tried and acquitted and then tried again?

I thought we had it then, and it was changed specifically because of The Stephen Lawrence case?

She seems to be going for the bohemian lesbian look these days. Prison can do that to a woman.

I just get the impression that the Italian legal system is desperate to have them hang for the crime regardless because they don't want to look stupid while the world looks on. However convicting someone, overturning a conviction and then convicting them again looks pretty stupid anyway to me, its like saying;

"Okay, you did this, you are going to prison you cnuts..."

"Sorry, we made a mistake, you are free"

"Sorry, we made another boo boo, we never meant to exonerate you. You need to go back to prison..."

Last edited:
So the Italian has a ball and chain around him for 25 years while the American remains scot free beyond the reach of Italian law? That begins to look like a domestic PR political nightmare for the Italian government.

if I was her, I'd take a long trip to a country that gas no extradition treaty with Italy.

But the verdict will probably be overturned again anyway

Same here.

I've noticed a common theme though, it goes the Italian/Portuguese/French courts are all corrupt and useless.
So why do we have extradition treaties with them then?

Well, whatever the truth is this is a right mess isn't it? Must be awful for Meredith's family.
I have read several different things that suggest this conviction is far from safe. I have even read from some law enforcement/investigation (American, admittedly) that these two would not have been persons of interest after the initial stages of the investigation, let alone suspects.
I intend to read more on the subject from the Italian perspective to try and get a more balanced view.
I always felt through the original trial that these two were convenient scapegoats though.
And what's the deal with them getting much longer sentences than the alleged main culprit?

I don't think she did it but I think she always has known more than she has let on to knowing. I certainly don't think she should be serving 28 years for it given that so much of the evidence is apparently inconclusive.

Sollecito was stopped near the Austrian boarder Friday morning, he left it too late to get out, should have left Italy as soon as he was set free the last time.

http://news.sky.com/story/1204687/us-tight-lipped-over-knox-extradition-chances

American keeping tight lipped over possible extradition too.

I don't think she did it but I think she always has known more than she has let on to knowing. I certainly don't think she should be serving 28 years for it given that so much of the evidence is apparently inconclusive.
Well if she told the truth then we could judge.

She doesn't need to. The evidence against her was a joke. Innocent until suspected guilty doesn't cut it.

What is the motive for Knox supposed to be?
This was a big issue with the case. It's very hard for people to understand how one person could do that, much less three people deciding to do it as a joint enterprise. An awful lot of leaps have been made. Equally, though, not being able to guess a motive doesn't mean the person isn't guilty.

This was a big issue with the case. It's very hard for people to understand how one person could do that, much less three people deciding to do it as a joint enterprise. An awful lot of leaps have been made. Equally, though, not being able to guess a motive doesn't mean the person isn't guilty.

Honestly I'm not sure how important motive is to a criminal proceeding. But I don't see one, and haven't read any speculation on one either.

No witnesses doesn't mean someone isn't guilty either, but surely it should make getting a conviction pretty tough. The murderer changing his story (for the third time) to include Knox seems extremely weak to me.

Last edited:
Honestly I'm not sure how important motive is to a criminal proceeding. But I don't see one, and haven't read any speculation on one either.

No witnesses doesn't mean someone isn't guilty either, but surely it should make getting a conviction pretty tough. The murdered changing his story (for the third time) to include Knox seems extremely weak to me.

Has Kercher had a sex change from the grave?

Has Kercher had a sex change from the grave?

Murderer is what he mean, Rudy Guede. He later implicated Knox/Sollecito after he didn't originally. Once they were convicted, thanks to his changed story partially, his sentenced was dropped from 30 to 16 years.

Well, whatever the truth is this is a right mess isn't it? Must be awful for Meredith's family.
I have read several different things that suggest this conviction is far from safe. I have even read from some law enforcement/investigation (American, admittedly) that these two would not have been persons of interest after the initial stages of the investigation, let alone suspects.
I intend to read more on the subject from the Italian perspective to try and get a more balanced view.
I always felt through the original trial that these two were convenient scapegoats though.
And what's the deal with them getting much longer sentences than the alleged main culprit?

I think in the US they would have gotten a look from law enforcement at least.

Murderer is what he mean, Rudy Guede. He later implicated Knox/Sollecito after he didn't originally. Once they were convicted, thanks to his changed story partially, his sentenced was dropped from 30 to 16 years.

Sorry, I was being a bit facetious. This case has dragged on so long I have lost my grasp of the details and the will to refresh my knowledge tbh. It feels like a media circus now.

Of course at this point she could tell the truth and many would not believe it unless it fit what they thought was the truth anyways.

I know she said she was innocent, then claims police coerced a confession out of her and went back to claiming her innocence. Is there something else she's said that people are referring to when they suggest she's not telling the truth?

This idea of police torturing her (that's what I think hitting, insulting, and not providing food and water is) has ever been confirmed by a third party or was it just her claim?

Italy may be one of the most corrupt countries in Europe, but I doubt their police and legal systems still work in this third-world country fashion. Even more so with a foreign citizen of a powerful country, with all the likelihoods of diplomatic visits and problems ensuing.

Last edited:
I know she said she was innocent, then claims police coerced a confession out of her and went back to claiming her innocence. Is there something else she's said that people are referring to when they suggest she's not telling the truth?

Didn't she try to blame someone else for it?

All of those allegations are false, as admitted by Knox in seperate court appearances (seperate from the main case, that is) which resulted in additions to her sentence. Unsurprisingly, this is something that often goes unmentioned in non-Italian coverage of the trials...but I guess that's the kind of 'oversight' which happens when one employs a million-dollar PR team of lawyers and media personnel*...

Also, her parents were indicted for repeating Knox's allegations in media interviews.

Don't Kill Bill said:
Didn't she try to blame someone else for it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Meredith_Kercher#Self-incrimination

* 'For this pastel-clad vision of noble suffering there's only one victim - and it's not Meredith'

She has cut her hair short, like any self-respecting penitent would. Her saucer eyes are a-brim with tears, which forever threaten to spill down her pale and pretty face. Under a discreet slick of pink gloss, which perfectly matches her sensible sweater, her lips tremble when she speaks. And every word she says is a plea for sympathy, for understanding, for clemency and support. ‘It was only on my way here,’ she says, stifling a sob, ‘that I had my first cry.’

This was the Amanda Knox that America woke up to yesterday, this was the pastel vision of noble suffering that the 26-year-old convicted killer is determined to present to the world. Over and over again. Mere hours after being found guilty for the second time of the murder of her friend Meredith Kercher, Knox was back in the television studios winsomely proclaiming her innocence.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...-one-victim-not-Meredith-writes-JAN-MOIR.html

Last edited:
All of those allegations are false, as admitted by Knox in seperate court appearances (seperate from the main case, that is) which resulted in additions to her sentence. Unsurprisingly, this is something that often goes unmentioned in non-Italian coverage of the trials...but I guess that's the kind of 'oversight' which happens when one employs a million-dollar PR team of lawyers and media personnel*...

Also, her parents were indicted for repeating Knox's allegations in media interviews.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Meredith_Kercher#Self-incrimination

If as a Govt you are going to decide whether you extradite someone, what basis is that decision going to be made on? It can't be because she is pretty and says she didn't do it.
Did she have a legal representation and were all the processes followed? I don't get the argument that it wasn't done like they would have done it in the US. She wasn't in the US. It isn't in anyone’s interest to allow convicted murderers to avoid justice, which is why we extradite in the first place.