Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
So Benzema aint coming at all. Looks like we will be signing Valencia!!!
Dunno about that, he seems very unsure about it all.

“I saw his father and agent at the beginning of the week,” the president told Le Progres. “We spoke a lot and it’s true that there are many clubs after him, but only after the World Cup. We interrogated his agent and we are not under the impression that he will leave in the short term.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Moreover as we learned today everyone has a price.. As long as they are willing to move..

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
are we getting the twat or not ???

show them the money gill ffs

CnutOfAllCnuts

Bald Boring Cnut
Benzema - Why?

Why do United fans want us to sign him?

He's constantly said he wants to play in Spain in the future.

After having had the Ronaldo to Real Madrid going on for the last couple of years, why on earth do you want a repeat of that? :confused:

RonaldoVII

Same reason half the people want us to sign Tevez when he says he'll go back to whoever in 4 years. I'd rather have a few years of top talent then sell for profit than buy some halfwit.

CnutOfAllCnuts

Bald Boring Cnut
Same reason half the people want us to sign Tevez when he says he'll go back to whoever in 4 years. I'd rather have a few years of top talent then sell for profit than buy some halfwit.
Like two years of Benzema vs 10 years of Solskjaer?

The Azzurri

Yes. I agree. If there is any lesson to be learn from this Ronaldo saga, is that we must be sure to buy players that really really wants to play for United.

O'Sheady

Thats what I was thinking, we should be after players that see Utd as the peak of their career not a stepping stone, and anyone bitching about the weather before they even get to Manchester should probably be discounted too. On the other hand you would have to be sure that any of the quotes attributed to them were true in the first place.

cj_sparky

I think Benzema is a cracking talent worth signing if a deal isn't too over the top, with a view to make a profit if he does intend to do a Ronaldo in 3-4 years. So long as he gives us full commitment in his time then I wouldn't have too much of a worry.

I think it is more of a worry us signing all of these young Portuguese, Italian and South American talent. All at some point no matter how successful we have been will be eager to seek a new challenge.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Not discouting Benzema because I think he has the tools to become a top level striker, but much of the somewhat unjustified hype is reminiscent of when Djibril Cisse burst onto the scene for Auxerre. See the link below for a flavour of what this place was like then -
https://www.redcafe.net/f9/cisse-arsenal-26969/

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I think he could end up being a quality player for the club. It is true that we run the risk of more rubbish but if he furfilled his potential and wanted to leave we'd certainly make a large profit.

So we could have a potentially great player for 3/4+ years and he'd still be 25 and his value if we did sell could buy us 2/3 players that we might need or he might want to stay if we do big things?

It's unlikely but he's just one in the hat

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
He looks a bit like a young Zidane from a certain angle and he has the same physique as Ronaldo de Lima. That should be reason enough.

lysglimt

Scout
Like two years of Benzema vs 10 years of Solskjaer?
Solskjær who was a huge Liverpool-fan and whose biggest dream was to play at Anfield ? People change - it's actually possible to change your mind as to where you want to play

We had 6 years of Ronaldo and made a profit of £68 million - I would gladly get a similar result from Benzema

M'n'M

"Keane will be awesome alongside Torres."
Goo dpoint but for different reasons to mine. I don't know why you're all so eager to sign him because IMHO Benzema isn't actually THAT good. Not good enough for you guys anyway, although it pains me to say it.

Remember last season you were all creaming yoursleves of Huntelaar and how he was even better than sliced bread - and now after one season at Real he is pants apparently, accordingly to the other thread on teh go at the moment.

I'm glad to see it's not just Liverpool fans who are fickle.

Anduin

Ronaldo gave us six seasons of service, almost 300 games (and 118 goals) and contributed heavily to the club's success over this period. Even though he 'wanted to feck off' that's not too bad for a foreigner, and I don't see any reason why we shouldn't get the same out of Benzema if we are indeed interested to sign him.
I'd take him in a heartbeat.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Im not sure we'd get 6 seasons out of Benzema though. He has already said publically that he doesn't want to play in England and wants to go to Spain or Italy.

However, IF we did sign him i'd be reasonably excited. Fergie reckons the boy is "special" and thats good enough for me

Addict

Not discouting Benzema because I think he has the tools to become a top level striker, but much of the somewhat unjustified hype is reminiscent of when Djibril Cisse burst onto the scene for Auxerre. See the link below for a flavour of what this place was like then -
https://www.redcafe.net/f9/cisse-arsenal-26969/
Cracking thread :lol:

Benzema will probably turn out as another Cisse. I've only ever seen him play well against us - that's why the Caf wank over him. He also wants to play for Madrid so no point signing somebody who will leave us in a few years.

Dyslexic Untied

Goo dpoint but for different reasons to mine. I don't know why you're all so eager to sign him because IMHO Benzema isn't actually THAT good. Not good enough for you guys anyway, although it pains me to say it.

Remember last season you were all creaming yoursleves of Huntelaar and how he was even better than sliced bread - and now after one season at Real he is pants apparently, accordingly to the other thread on teh go at the moment.

I'm glad to see it's not just Liverpool fans who are fickle.
I agree that he hasn`t showed top level quality over a longer period of time.

But I think what triggers people about Benzema is his frightening potential. He has so many tools in his box. I reckon he has the potential to be the best striker out there, and I for one would love to see that potential unfold under Sir Alex.

M'n'M

"Keane will be awesome alongside Torres."
I agree that he hasn`t showed top level quality over a longer period of time.

But I think what triggers people about Benzema is his frightening potential. He has so many tools in his box. I reckon he has the potential to be the best striker out there, and I for one would love to see that potential unfold under Sir Alex.
But there could be an argument that you don't replace the (3rd) "best player on the planet" with potential. You already have a very good player who scores an average amount of goals in Rooney, you dont' need another. That "potential" could turn out to be Nani or Anderson (who, while you may like them because they are United players, aren't exactly top class, once again IMO) rather someone who can fill the void left by Ronaldo.

Dyslexic Untied

But there could be an argument that you don't replace the (3rd) "best player on the planet" with potential. You already have a very good player who scores an average amount of goals in Rooney, you dont' need another. That "potential" could turn out to be Nani or Anderson (who, while you may like them because they are United players, aren't exactly top class, once again IMO) rather someone who can fill the void left by Ronaldo.
Hehe, who is the second best player btw? I reckon you have Messi as nr 1.

True enough what you say though. And I have no idea how Ferguson will spend his money. One thing I know though, and that is that one single player won`t replace Ronaldo. We need for the likes of Rooney, Nani, Berbatov, (Tevez) to step up and perhaps add another who is around their quality.

Decotron

I actually agree with that. Not too many candidates though, Villa is the stand out IMO.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
Im not sure we'd get 6 seasons out of Benzema though. He has already said publically that he doesn't want to play in England and wants to go to Spain or Italy.

However, IF we did sign him i'd be reasonably excited. Fergie reckons the boy is "special" and thats good enough for me
Spot on, but what he also said in a more recent interview (many months ago) was that wants a club that is capable of winning trophies on a regular basis & that there are many teams that he would be willing to play for. Also he said more recently, that he was happy at Lyon but if the club decided to sell him then he'll do what he is told & move on. Either way I gather he'd be happy to stay, but i'm sure he doesnt want to miss an opportunity to come to a massive club like United!

I think the lad has a greedy winning mentality from his time at Lyon winning major domestic titles galore, so he'll want to come to a club that will enable him to continue that collection of trophy's & in case you havent noticed - we gun for every fecking thing going season in - season out :devil:

For any player with a massive ego - which is not a bad thing confidence wise, the chance to come to Old Trafford & attempt to take Ronaldo's crown would excite anyone. I'm pretty confident that if United go for the likes of Ribery & Benzema - then they'll surely be excited about the prospect of Fergie creating a United hero just like he did with Ronnie :devil:

O'Sheady

Spot on, but what he also said in a more recent interview (many months ago) was that wants a club that is capable of winning trophies on a regular basis & that there are many teams that he would be willing to play for. Also he said more recently, that he was happy at Lyon but if the club decided to sell him then he'll do what he is told & move on. Either way I gather he'd be happy to stay, but i'm sure he doesnt want to miss an opportunity to come to a massive club like United!

I think the lad has a greedy winning mentality from his time at Lyon winning major domestic titles galore, so he'll want to come to a club that will enable him to continue that collection of trophy's & in case you havent noticed - we gun for every fecking thing going season in - season out :devil:

For any player with a massive ego - which is not a bad thing confidence wise, the chance to come to Old Trafford & attempt to take Ronaldo's crown would excite anyone. I'm pretty confident that if United go for the likes of Ribery & Benzema - then they'll surely be excited about the prospect of Fergie creating a United hero just like he did with Ronnie :devil:
Good post!

Anduin

I certainly remember Benzema stating in an interview he would 'love to play for a big club in Europe, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Manchester United, the big ones'... not sure where I read it though. In the end it matters not, I bet he definitely would like to come if we put in an offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.