Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.
£25m? I doubt it. From reading the quotes it seems like he would only be up for sale if the prices mentioned are like the ones going round recently for the likes of Kaka or something like that. Not that high but it seems like them sort of fees have interested Lyon.

They've got plans for a new stadium, so it wouldn't surprise me if they want to cash in to help fund it.

I'm not his mum but I once posted a thread where he said he likes United(i heard him saying that the PL is a great and strong league) so let the muppets start wanking

yep - surprisingly little speculation about Benz. maybe because his club chairman is a feckin lunatic and will be asking 143m quid for him so it's put people off. Maybe.

I've read quotes from him making positive noises about the PL but he seemed to be making even more positive noises about the Spanish. I suppose he'd live in a better climate and the game isn't as physical in Spain opposed to more dosh and higher profile/excitement in the PL.

They're all basically whores who'll go for the biggest payday.

yep - surprisingly little speculation about Benz. maybe because his club chairman is a feckin lunatic and will be asking 143m quid for him so it's put people off. Maybe.

His chairman isn't a lunatic. He just knows how to get the best deals for his club. His right to always want due compensation for the time and money spent developing players like Benzema. You should aplaud rather than abuse him for it.

25 million would just be his wages over the next 5 years. Benzema wont be moving for significantly less than the likes of Kaka and Ribery. No way. Not from Lyon.

25 million would just be his wages over the next 5 years. Benzema wont be moving for significantly less than the likes of Kaka and Ribery. No way. Not from Lyon.

That for me is the key bit

Their chairman/president is the master, if he wants x amount of money he gets it.

ill say this now we wont be signing him, no chance, dont get your hopes up lads, benzema will be even more reluctant to sit on the bench than tevez would

Their chairman/president is the master, if he wants x amount of money he gets it.

but they dont have guaranteed cl football next season and they are allegedly looking at making quite a few changes this summer so it migt just be possible to get him for a semi realistic price (40 million say)... still alot of money and in truth i can only see us having that amount to spend if a certain player goes to spain but if that happens then benzema would be a player id be very happy to see come in

Imagine you're Aulas. You see Kaka moving clubs for 65 million or so - are you really going to let Benzema go for less than around 50 million? I know I wouldnt... And I'd have sold Diarra for less than they got him! So if I'd only sell for a similar fee to Kaka, then surely Aulas is going to ask for the same or more...

Imagine you're Aulas. You see Kaka moving clubs for 65 million or so - are you really going to let Benzema go for less than around 50 million? I know I wouldnt... And I'd have sold Diarra for less than they got him! So if I'd only sell for a similar fee to Kaka, then surely Aulas is going to ask for the same or more...

thats 65 million euros though right... which is 56 million quid

the 50 million you mention is 43 million quid... not a huge distance off the 40 million i guessed at as well... as I say if a certain pourtugeezer fecks off then that looks do-able

What the feck is it with these silly prices being branded about. I blame city for this, they've fecked up the market worse than Chelsea.

its helpful as well that lyon dont necessarily need to raise lots of money to compete in the french league like milan do (hence kaka)

its also helpful that benzema seems to be a much more humble character and not the publicity pig that is ronaldo - i read this morning about his new advertisment endorsing a portugese bank where he apparently says "I dont know where i will be in 3 years but i know my money will be here"

its helpful as well that lyon dont necessarily need to raise lots of money to compete in the french league like milan do (hence kaka)

its also helpful that benzema seems to be a much more humble character and not the publicity pig that is ronaldo - i read this morning about his new advertisment endorsing a portugese bank where he apparently says "I dont know where i will be in 3 years but i know my money will be here"

You're joking, right?

I'll be shocked if it's not a huge transfer fee when he does leave.

Look at Lyon's previous sales, lesser players for similar fees to those being mentioned. Aulas won't let him go for anything less than top dollar, and I can see a bit of a bidding war when he eventually does go, which will only serve to drive the price up further.

SAF missed out on Torres I doubt he'd want to miss out on a second big target. I think I want in on the transfer muppetry...come SAF deal us in.

SAF missed out on Torres only because he didn't want to come to United.

Bezema will go to Barca
Ribery will go to Madrid

I don't see any of these big names going to United.
We'll keep Ronaldo though.

if barca sell eto i can see them buying villa... so we might have a chance

Nah, Villa to Madrid looks almost certain. There have not really been any stories linking him with Barca.

Benzema won't move before 2010. He needs to play on regular basis to become a starter for France at the world cup (if we manage to get to South Africa which will be tough). If he signs for United he'll be behind Berbatov and Rooney in the picking order. Tevez wasn't a starter this season and played a lot but the same number of game won't be enough for benzema (France plays with only one forward, Anelka or Henry, and on the left of the midfield there are Ribery and Malouda). He'll stay at Lyon for another season to get ready for the world cup. If he performs there, Aulas will want more money for him as he'll have become a world class striker. If he doesn't perform, he'll still have a huge potential and Aulas wont sell him for less than 45mE. Win win situation for both Lyon and Benzema.

what, villa ribery, kaka and ronaldo... surely even they cant afford that?

Don't see them getting Ronaldo this year (might well happen next year as the contract will be winding down). They'll talk about it a lot. Their mouthpiece MARCA loves unsettling United. But Ronaldo will stay. Ribery, Villa and Kaka would be more than enough for Perez as regards galaticos.

Benzema won't move before 2010. He needs to play on regular basis to become a starter for France at the world cup (if we manage to get to South Africa which will be tough). If he signs for United he'll be behind Berbatov and Rooney in the picking order. Tevez wasn't a starter this season and played a lot but the same number of game won't be enough for benzema (France plays with only one forward, Anelka or Henry, and on the left of the midfield there are Ribery and Malouda). He'll stay at Lyon for another season to get ready for the world cup. If he performs there, Aulas will want more money for him as he'll have become a world class striker. If he doesn't perform, he'll still have a huge potential and Aulas wont sell him for less than 45mE. Win win situation for both Lyon and Benzema.

Ok, but with the current amount of f.a.p. (ing) going on and the prices quoted, you'd think he would be a starter or at least push for that as well as challenge for a start in the France team. You sound like you don't rate him very highly, which is fair enough. I don't know what to think...

Ok, but with the current amount of f.a.p. (ing) going on and the prices quoted, you'd think he would be a starter or at least push for that as well as challenge for a start in the France team. You sound like you don't rate him very highly, which is fair enough. I don't know what to think...

as he is 21 years old and has got 24 caps since his debut in 2007 id say he looks to be a regular in the squad...

with anelka and henry they are not exactly short of striking options but he seems to be up there with those 2... who have proven to be good players in the premier league

Nah, Villa to Madrid looks almost certain. There have not really been any stories linking him with Barca.

Not since they bid for him in Jan and supposedly came to a pre-arrangement for his move in the summer you mean?

It looks like they are sniffing around Ibrahimovic instead right now.

It's not that i don't rate him highly, I do.

But Benzema isn't a finished product, he's still young and struggled to shine with France, due to two main problems.
First, he's not the only quality forward available. Henry scored more than 40 goals for France (beating platini's record) and Anelka just won the golden boot in EPL. They have both been playing for france for almost ten years. They do have the experience needed in a big competition like a world cup.
Then, when he played for France the team wasn't at its best, there were a lot of problems he had to deal with (pressure, the fuss surrounding Domenech, the lack of form of the best players during Euro, the tactics, his own position on the pitch, etc.).

Benzema hasn't convinced when he's been given the chance to prove his worth for Les Bleus. That's why he needs to have a hell of a season next year to become a potential starter at the World Cup. If he signs for a big club (Real Madrid, Barcelona, United) he'll need to settle, to get use to a new country, a new approach of the game, new teammates, etc. He's a big fish in a small pond at the moment, he's in a team that plays for him. He wouldn't find the same easyness in a bigger club. He might not become a key player during his first season, which would be a shame.

Still, i have no doubt that in the long range, he'll be the main attacking threat of one of the biggest club in Europe. But i doubt it will happen next season. Hope this helps.

n-demand striker Karim Benzema's agent is playing down speculation his client could join Barcelona in the immediate future.

Lyon's prolific France international has been linked with a summer move to the likes of Barca and Manchester United, although no fees have been agreed for his services.

Benzema's agent, Karim Djaziri, has conceded the 21-year-old is flattered to be linked with the Spanish giants, but he accepts that little is likely to happen until Samuel Eto'o's situation is resolved.

The striker is in awe of the talent currently at the end of manager Pep Guardiola's fingertips and joining the star-studded squad would excite any player.

Best club

"Barca are the best club in the world at the moment, the greatest and this is a motivation that any player should have in his career," Djaziri told RAC1.

"Messi, Henry, Eto'o, Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta ... there are so many good players. The fact that they all play in one team is great.

"Nobody has called me. All this talk about whether Benzema could go to Barcelona is just rumour.

"I think Barca will speak to Eto'o before looking for another striker."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11806_5370693,00.html

Status
Not open for further replies.