Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kouroux, how well as he actually played this year, is he showing improvement as a player?

I have seen very little of the French league this season and only a few Lyon CL games.

Nah, I don't think he has.

Started off the season brilliantly and kept it up until Christmas, but then it's only really been flashes of brilliance here and there.

Still been impressive, just hasn't really improved in any noticeable way.

I think he's exactly what we need I thought we were better off with Saha who is of a similiar mould to Benzema shame he was made of glass but his pace and power suited our attackers more Berbatov just slows things down.

I cant see us buying any player from Europe. The pound is too weak against the Euro.

Thats why i think we will stick with the Tevez deal.

i wonder if football clubs hedge against currency fluctuations well in advance so their transfer plans aren't affected as much by situations as the one you discribed above.

Maybe one of the finance boffins around here could shed light into this.

Kouroux, how well as he actually played this year, is he showing improvement as a player?

I have seen very little of the French league this season and only a few Lyon CL games.
It's tough to explain as there are possibly several reasons to why he hasn't performed in the league that well.
1) Lyon have become a very defensive team in the way they play matches.They don't attack as much and therefore Benzema receives a lot less support as last season.He cannot do it all by himself and that has affected his moral during matches.He loses his focus at times too easily

2)2nd season syndrome.It was also to be expected that his performances wouldn't better last season as defenders have learned to deal with him more efficiently but he's still very young and you can see the fantastic potential he has in each match.

3)The clueless manager Lyon have this year (Puel) hasn't helped him by constantly moving him around in the pitch in each match.As a striker he needs confidence and what better to get it than scoring a goal but the tactics applied by his coach haven't helped

In conclusion, he has performed to a lesser level than last season but IMO he would be worth the gamble because he has everything (technically ) in his locker to become a fantastic striker.
On his day he's by far the best player in the Ligue 1

Kouroux, does Benzema have any fight in him?

In hard, physical games does he disappear or fight back?

Would he cope with the pace and aggression of English football?

well against us he didn't shirk with going pound for pound vs. vidic. I'd say he did well when asked to shield the ball away and use his strength against vida.

well against us he didn't shirk with going pound for pound vs. vidic. I'd say he did well when asked to shield the ball away and use his strength against vida.

Was thinking more along the lines of the weekly grind against the likes of Stoke, Everton, Chelsea and whoever else we'll face who will get stuck right in.

I think his mentality and fight is similar to Ronaldo's, very similar.

He'll take the kicks and he's aggressive when on the ball, but he doesn't make all that much effort to actually win the ball back, he does chase players more than Ronaldo though.

Similarly petulant attitude too.

But yeah, he doesn't disappear when his team's up against it, quite the opposite a lot of the time.

I think he's the perfect player for us. I wasn't necessarily for the Berbatov transfer before it happened by I think I understood what SAF was going for Berbatov for (calmness in finishing and ease in attack!)

I felt that Berbatov lacked pace - and that was the number one element we needed in attack. Benzema has plenty of pace and I just marvel at Rooney & Benzema together (shame I don't actually think it will happen though!)

Tx

Ive watched Benzema play a couple of times but I don't feel confident to comment about his style of play. My question is this. Does he have an eye to goal or is he the kind of forward whom wouldn't test the goalkeeper even if his own life depended on it?

I smelll is more true than other times...that doesn't mean he's comming though, it's just a feeling.

Devilish he does test the goalkeeper, he's got a nice shot and he's confident, plus he is a very strong player.

Ive watched Benzema play a couple of times but I don't feel confident to comment about his style of play. My question is this. Does he have an eye to goal or is he the kind of forward whom wouldn't test the goalkeeper even if his own life depended on it?

He has a great eye for goal and he's very direct.

You'd like him with your obsession with 'lead the line' strikers.

He'd easly go blow for blow with Torres for the best striker in the world tag. Thats how good i rate him!!

I think his mentality and fight is similar to Ronaldo's, very similar.

He'll take the kicks and he's aggressive when on the ball, but he doesn't make all that much effort to actually win the ball back, he does chase players more than Ronaldo though.

Similarly petulant attitude too.

But yeah, he doesn't disappear when his team's up against it, quite the opposite a lot of the time.

Interesting. I can't stomach low-end Ligue 1 games, so don't see how he does in a scrap.

Judging players off the CL alone in one-off two legged ties is difficult. Sure, he has the technique and ability, but you don't get a measure of a player's bottle or appetite for the day-to-day shift there, which is why Benzema is still an enigma to me.

I just had it in mind that he probably wouldn't fancy it against some of the harder teams in the league in the middle of a gruelling winter period, I don't know if that impression is way off, but he does look like a bit of a moper to me, which is the only thing that concerns me about him.

I reckon he'll be the best striker in the world in 2-3 years if he goes to the right club who develop him/play him enough.

Interesting. I can't stomach low-end Ligue 1 games, so don't see how he does in a scrap.

Judging players off the CL alone in one-off two legged ties is difficult. Sure, he has the technique and ability, but you don't get a measure of a player's bottle or appetite for the day-to-day shift there, which is why Benzema is still an enigma to me.

I just had it in mind that he probably wouldn't fancy it against some of the harder teams in the league in the middle of a gruelling winter period, I don't know if that impression is way off, but he does look like a bit of a moper to me, which is the only thing that concerns me about him.

I reckon he'll be the best striker in the world in 2-3 years if he goes to the right club who develop him/play him enough.

I quite like the Ligue Un, I think the football played's more attractive than in recent years and it's quite unpredictable.

I don't think he's too much of a moper, but he is a wee bit. He channels his unhappiness in the right way, for the most part, though and he relishes a challenge it seems. When the team looks to him for something special he's willing to take responsibility and step it up.

Doesn't seem to have the best personality, on the pitch or off it, but I don't think he'd be kicked out of games or shirk from tough matches.

But then again you can't be quite sure because he never has to face teams physical as Stoke. Enigma seems about right.

Bloody gifted though, in terms of physique and technique.

He'd easly go blow for blow with Torres for the best striker in the world tag. Thats how good i rate him!!

As long as he puts the ball inside the net then I would love him at OT. We have ample players capable to create. Rooney, Barbie, Anderson, Scholes, Giggs, Nani and the list go on and on.

Thanks guys for your feedback.

SAF likes players that can penetrate, Benzema has that.
Also fairly two footed from what I've seen.

Well this season mentally he has shown signs of tiresome against any kinda opponent because his team hasn't played that well this season.That's the only weakness he has so far along with some arrogance and sort of disrespect towards his older teammates but I think these flaws are nothing in comparison to his talent.The great thing about him is no matter the scoreline or the match he always tries to encourage his colleagues.

Good player with great potential. Will show what he can do if he transfer to a better club and league. Still, got a long way to be compared to Torres.

Premier League target Karim Benzema has declared that he will move on from Lyon if chairman Jean-Michel Aulas accepts a big-money offer.

The promising French striker has committed himself to OL despite the seven-time champions’ failure to retain their title this term.

France international Benzema has been linked to both Manchester clubs, as well as to Barcelona and Real Madrid, and he has stated that he could move clubs if a mega offer was made to his employers.

“I have already said so 25 times: I am happy at Lyon,” Benzema said. “I am going to switch my telephone off, not to follow the news and relax, ahead of the new season.

“If chairman Aulas receives an offer and urges me to go, then I’ll be obliged to.”

I get the feeling Benzema would be a massive, massive hit at United.

He's what my inner muppet desires most this transfer season.

I don't want Benzema, I know he would be a hit but after 3 great years Madrid would come knocking and then he will want to go to them.

I get the feeling Benzema would be a massive, massive hit at United.

He's what my inner muppet desires most this transfer season.

Even for £40 mill, aluas will still say no and with the pound being so weak, the spanish teams are in the driving seat. He also comes across as borderline arrogant in some of his interviews and "dreams" of madrid:rolleyes:. Why spend time and effort developing him, if he's just going to want to go to Madrid later on anyway?

Even for £40 mill, aluas will still say no and with the pound being so weak, the spanish teams are in the driving seat. He also comes across as borderline arrogant in some of his interviews and "dreams" of madrid:rolleyes:. Why spend time and effort developing him, if he's just going to want to go to Madrid later on anyway?

I'm fed the feck up of this Madrid place!

Me too!:mad:Would rather not have it all over again with this guy too. What happens to £30 mill berba if benzema comes?:smirk:

who gives a feck about berba, most of us would be happy to see his back. he can feck off back to that german league or tottenham hotspurs.

who gives a feck about berba, most of us would be happy to see his back. he can feck off back to that german league or tottenham hotspurs.

Insightful. When you say "most of us" who do you mean?
Berbatov has a calm and a level of experience that has been and will be invaluable. He will doubtless show it more next season. There is no reason why both he and Benzema cannot be accommodated.

Insightful. When you say "most of us" who do you mean?
Berbatov has a calm and a level of experience that has been and will be invaluable. He will doubtless show it more next season. There is no reason why both he and Benzema cannot be accommodated.

He is as fast as a bunch of turtles stampeding through peanut butter. Rooney's best position is when he plays behind a striker. Why should he play on the right or the left to accommodate that cnut? He cost us two trophies for fecks sake! missed a penalty and then said he wouldnt take a penalty in the CL final and then missed the best chance united created in the final. I will never forgive him for that unless he starts performing well and wins us a couple of trophies.

Well quite a few of us do actually. Oh yeah thats right lets just sell him back for what £15 mill, what's a £15 mill loss to a club like us hey? That debt is just all a myth and the financial downturn?........WHAT DOWNTURN?

Mr.Gill, is this you?

Status
Not open for further replies.