Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.

fergieisold

feckin hell this "no point signing any foreign players cos theyll end up wanting to play in spain in a couple of years" bullshit is really starting to get annoying and repetitive at this stage.
I know, it's frustrating. Some will even go as far to say they think we'd be better of if Ronaldo never came to the club I bet.

Hypothetically Benema coming to Manchester United for 3 years being brilliant and fecking off to Madrid is worth it. fecking annoying but certainly worth it.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
What is going on?

If he doesn't want to play for us what is the point in hoping?
He doesn't 'not want to play for us'.

Yes, from what he's said it's obvious he would prefer Real or Barca, but he's also been very complimentary towards us. In one interview specifically naming Man Utd as one team everybody would want to play for. I would be quite surprised if we weren't third on his list of teams he'd want to join, which I'm sure is significantly higher than the likes of Ole and Cantona would've placed us at a similar age.

If we do sign him it's possible we may get another Ronaldo situation, where he will want to move on to Spain in a couple of seasons. But he could also find that he loves it here and will spend the majority, if not all, of his career here. Nobody knows, and anybody who says that they do is simply talking shit.

Although in saying that, Benzema is the one player that I'm somewhat muppety about, so my opinion might be a little biased. :lol:

cacs

I really don't care what the price is. I just have this gut feeling about Benzema just as I had with torres maybe joining us years ago... we can't lose out this time!

bollox

I honestly think that a strong, powerful goal machine like Benzema is all we need to complete our team. We have bags of talent waiting in the wings but just lack a natural goalscorer.

Twisted_Woody

Scout
For some reason I'm pretty doubtful of this happening but then again I quite liked Tevez.

Number7

Ret's Slave
You lot need to simmer the feck down.

There's nothing to suggest we're even chasing him.

Number7

Ret's Slave
Well, we weren't even chasing Nani and Anderson in 2007, were we?
No, but using that method of thinking, we should create a thread for every player who can kick a football.

Benzema would cost a lot of money, especially as it's Lyon we're talking about. Fergie talked about being sensible re Tevez. Paying well over the odds for Benzema may not be entirely sensible.

Alex

No, but using that method of thinking, we should create a thread for every player who can kick a football.

Benzema would cost a lot of money, especially as it's Lyon we're talking about. Fergie talked about being sensible re Tevez. Paying well over the odds for Benzema may not be entirely sensible.
Not replacing Ronaldo and Tevez with a world talent or even two, is not entirely sensible

Number7

Ret's Slave
Not replacing Ronaldo and Tevez with a world talent or even two, is not entirely sensible
True, but don't be suprised if it's someone we're not expecting.

Who'd heard of Ronaldo when we replaced Beckham with him?

We'll sign some dude from South America, who everyone will think 'who the feck', who'll go on to be quite handy. Possibly.

Donut

I'm pretty sure we're interested. I can feel it in my cock, it's hard. Also, Fergie said some nice things about him iirc, Benzema played brilliantly against us (sth that seems important to Fergie), we need a new striker, we have the money and Lyon are willing to sell.

Cock out, lads.

Ole'sbodyguard

You lot need to simmer the feck down.

There's nothing to suggest we're even chasing him.
I don't know about that. We know SAF rates him highly having spoke about him in glowing terms before and he is the typical age bracket for a big money United move. Plus United are a striker light with Tevez going and of course there is the money from the Ronaldo deal. THere is alot more to suggest SAF would go after Benzema than there is for the others we have been linked with such as Eto'o and Ribery. Here are the quotes from the interview he did on him mid season this year(echoing similar comments from last year).

"Sir Alex Ferguson has refused to turn his back on a future move for Lyon hit-man Karim Benzema.

But the Manchester United boss understands that Lyon’s top players are very expensive, and he has declared that he will not make a record bid for the France international.

Ferguson has also revealed that OL president Jean-Michel Aulas has told him that Chelsea made a £45 million bid for Benzema last year and the Scot has paid the ultimate compliment to the striker by comparing him to France legend Zinedine Zidane.

Ferguson told Le Journal du Dimanche about Benzema: “He’s an excellent footballer. He makes me think of [Zinedine] Zidane with the way he puts his body in position. His shoulders are large and he is excellent at carrying the ball, it’s glued to his feet.

“The defender can never cut in. But don’t say that I want to buy him [laughs]!”

When asked if one day Benzema will play for United, Ferguson answered: “You always have to keep an eye on the very best players, on what he’s going to become.

“But Lyon’s president’s a wise man. He sold [Michael] Essien [to Chelsea] for €38 million (£34 million), [Mahamadou] Diarra for €19 million [£17 million, to Real Madrid], [Florent] Malouda for €19 million [£17 million, to Chelsea] and [Eric] Abidal for €16 million [£14 million to Barcelona].

“I must congratulate him! When we played at Lyon last season, he told me: Chelsea are offering me €50 million for Benzema. I replied: for such a price he’s theirs!”"

Redfighter

Officially gullible
At the secret training camp for United Militia
Some of you are gonna look really stupid if there is no transfer, talk about some fecking muppets....
It's not like it's a made up transfer target, there is history surrounding our interest and Lyon have declared they would sell. The debate is do we want him, I think yes, but most importantly how much will it cost, and if so, do we want him that much?

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Some of you are gonna look really stupid if there is no transfer, talk about some fecking muppets....
I hold it true, whate'er befall
I feel it, when I sorrow most
'Tis better to have wanketh and lost
Than never to have wanketh at all

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It's not like it's a made up transfer target, there is history surrounding our interest and Lyon have declared they would sell. The debate is do we want him, I think yes, but most importantly how much will it cost, and if so, do we want him that much?
It's better to actually wait for something official before wanking.I'm just saying so that some don't get disappointed if there is no signing
We've been interested in so many players but did we ever sign half of them ?

I hold it true, whate'er befall
I feel it, when I sorrow most
'Tis better to have wanketh and lost
Than never to have wanketh at all
Save your load for something real and not some fantasy

Redfighter

Officially gullible
At the secret training camp for United Militia
It's better to actually wait for something official before wanking.I'm just saying so that some don't get disappointed if there is no signing
We've been interested in so many players but did we ever sign half of them ?
Well I think with the departures we can be sure that there will be at least 2 arrivals. Would rather they happened sooner rather than later. It's better to have players in before pre-season starts, don't want another Berbatov saga.

Status
Not open for further replies.