Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He played it regularly 2 seasons ago when they went through an injury crisis. It's also where he made his name.

Yu can find him in any of the front six positions during a season.
You sure?

I just went through his appearance list in 06/07 and her played in a 4-3-3 every time, with Zambrotta, Edmilson or Marquez as the holding player during the injury crisis. That's how I remember it, with Marquez there.

And Deco and Xavi played 31 games that season each.

Ekeke

If he stays for 6 seasons like Ronaldo did and we make a 60m profit out of it again, I don't see a problem.
There isnt one. Just as long as people realise this is why a 17/18 year old latin type player comes to England. For 4-6 years to develop as a player and then to move on to another club in a sunnier climate when they are coming into their peak years. With a player in their 20s it may only be 3 or 4 seasons and then off. We get heavily compensated with the money, but dont expect these players to be around all their careers at the club. They wont be.

Ole_Gunnar

I'm confused. Why does everyone want to play for Real Madrid? We hardly ever see players saying "I want to play for Barcelona", despite the fact that they just did the Treble, beating probably the second best team in the world in the final, and destroying their "rivals" who everyone wants to go to in the League.

Nutters.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
if we get this guy it will be a major coup, i read somewhere fergie gave him a utd shirt after the champ league game when he scored against us, that's weird. Is that true??

seriously this guy wil score goals and he and rooney up top would be great. I think we will oNly get him if tevez leaves though, which looks more and more likely.

I aint gonna rule out him moving to madrid either, aulas already talking about huntelaar robben and drenthe, a swap deal potentially. This aulas is clever remember when he shafted us for essien and diarra. He always seems to get what he wants.

If madrid get villa then we have every chance of benzema if he wants to join us.
What makes you think they dont want both?

Ruud's on the transfer list, as is Huntelaar & Raul is ageing to say the least. They need new blood & its pretty obvious to me that they'll definitely be going after Benzema because of his age, talent & potential. The boy is class!

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
What makes you think they dont want both?

Ruud's on the transfer list, as is Huntelaar & Raul is ageing to say the least. They need new blood & its pretty obvious to me that they'll definitely be going after Benzema because of his age, talent & potential. The boy is class!
If they want them both then they are stupid. Its already a disgrace that Higuain will end up on the bench let alone, being relegated as 4th striker (behind Raul, Benzema and Villa). You dont treat a striker who had scored 22 goals in 34 matches in that way.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
If we want him we'll get him. FFS you're acting like a spoilt child in this thread!
You cant force someone to come to us, if United & Real both bid for him, the chances are he'll go to Real as he's already gone on record several times that he wants to play in the Spanish league.

United wont pay £80m for him will they - neither will Real. So around the £40m will probably get him & Real by the looks of it - have that, as they stated they want 4 or 5 other top-class players besides Ronaldo & Kaka!

As for your insults - whats with the aggro - are you breaking that mouth in for a donkey?

There was nothing spoiled in what I was saying. I was just being realistic. Real are a massive draw & if they have bucket loads of dosh like it seems, then they can tempt almost anyone or club, for feck sake have you ever been to Madrid? If you're Central European, you play football & Real come knocking - its a no-brainer!!

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
If they want them both then they are stupid. Its already a disgrace that Higuain will end up on the bench let alone, being relegated as 4th striker (behind Raul, Benzema and Villa). You dont treat a striker who had scored 22 goals in 34 matches in that way.
Man, they're gettin Ronaldo, yet still they want Valencia & Ribery - they all play in the same positions. So why wouldnt they want more firepower when they're gettin rid of a shitload of players ala Ruud, Huntelaar, Robben etc.. they are on a mission - they want what we want so we cant have it!

Lot 49

Doom
Madrid obviously won't sign both Villa and Benzema. Both of them would expect to be first teamers and they won't be playing two upfront with both Kaka and Ronaldo in the midfield.

Well I'm assuming they won't. If they do then lol I'm watching every single Madrid game next year because that would be hilarious.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Man, they're gettin Ronaldo, yet still they want Valencia & Ribery - they all play in the same positions. So why wouldnt they want more firepower when they're gettin rid of a shitload of players ala Ruud, Huntelaar, Robben etc.. they are on a mission - they want what we want so we cant have it!
I don't think that they truly want Valencia. Perez tactic is simple, he wants big names. Valencia cant be considered like that.

Crerand Legend

Madrid obviously won't sign both Villa and Benzema. Both of them would expect to be first teamers and they won't be playing two upfront with both Kaka and Ronaldo in the midfield.

Well I'm assuming they won't. If they do then lol I'm watching every single Madrid game next year because that would be hilarious.
Honestly hope they win nothing,now that would be hilarious

B Cantona

Desperate
Madrid just chew these players up

I cannot understand why players want to go there. They know what to expect. New manager each season, people being bought because they sell shirts. A wank defence (bar the keeper) to play in front of. And they'll probably be flogged out sooner rather than later with a lesser reputation

Oh sorry hang on, I just understood

Ker-ching

shane

FERGIE'S £30M KAR
ABOVE: Karim Benzema
19th June 2009
By Bill Thornton

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/85479/Fergie-s-30m-Kar/

Sir Alex Ferguson has been told he can have prime target Karim Benzema – if he comes up with £30m.

The 21-year-old Lyon striker is the hottest property in France and Manchester United have been trailing him for the past two years. Until now Lyon have insisted they are not willing to sell. But now they have admitted they will do business if the price is right.

And that kind of money would not be a problem for Ferguson, with United raking in £80m for Cristiano Ronaldo – and a further £120m in two huge sponsorship deals.

United yesterday announced a five-year, £8m-a-year deal with Chinese electronics giant Aigo, following the four-year, £80m shirt sponsorship with American insurance company AON two weeks ago.

Add an impending £6m deal with Hull for striker Fraizer Campbell and Ferguson is armed with one of the fattest of chequebooks.

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas admitted a big offer could be impossible to refuse, even though he believes the player would prefer to stay another year.

Aulas said: “There is a tsunami called Real Madrid which provokes reactions at Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United. So it is very complicated to say that he is non-transferable.

“I won’t hide from you the fact he has been approached. For the moment, I managed to convince them not to go further.”

Lyon know it would be mad to reject a massive offer for Benzema, whose value would plummet if he stayed and flopped at the World Cup next summer.

United still search to replace Ronaldo, whose move to Real was yesterday described as “vulgar” by Sir Bobby Charlton.

Ferguson, who still hopes striker Carlos Tevez will accept the club’s offer of a permanent deal, was last night rumoured to have entered the chase for £18m England and Portsmouth right-back Glen Johnson.

Liverpool thought they had seen off Chelsea. Now, a third club is in the frame – and Manchester City denied it was them.

another recycled story by the look of it, keep this up and its going to be one long summer

shane

and another

IN UNITED'S SIGHTS: Benzema could be a possible replacement for Cristiano Ronaldo

http://www.express.co.uk/football/view/108568/Benzema-is-waved-away
Friday June 19,2009

LYON president Jean-Michel Aulas fears that a financial “tsunami” created by Real Madrid could force him to cash in on Manchester United target Karim Benzema.

France striker Benzema, 21, is one of United’s primary targets as they look to fill the void left by Real-bound Cristiano Ronaldo.

Benzema and Aulas appeared to be in agreement the player would stay at Lyon until after next year’s World Cup in South Africa.

But Aulas admits the waves resulting from Real Madrid’s huge spending, including £80million on Ronaldo that Sir Bobby Charlton has described as “vulgar”, could alter that situation.

Aulas said: “A tsunami called Real Madrid provokes reactions near Chelsea, Manchester City and tomorrow near Manchester United. Saying that Karim is non-transferable is tough.”

Mainoldo

Or he could be part exchange. Would be very wise on Madrid's part.
No point if there getting Villa. They still have Ruud, Raul and Huigain o wait... i am talking about Madrid though.

BeardedGenius

Clean Shaven and Foolish
Lardy-arsed Fleet Street Hack:
"Have a read of that son, tomorrow's back page - that's how it's done..."

Work Placement Gimp:
"Wow! Great story! Except...haven't you printed the whole interview apart from the bit where Aulas says if Benzema did leave, it would be to Real Madrid? Doesn't that discredit your whole article?"

Lardy-arsed Fleet Street Hack:
"..........feck off and make a brew son..."

Addict

39 million for a raw player is shocking. I'd rather us spend 30 million on a proven goal scorer.

Mainoldo

39 million for a raw player is shocking. I'd rather us spend 30 million on a proven goal scorer.
On a proven striker like who? 3 years ago we was tussling to spend £30 on Fernando Torres(who never hit 20 goals in La liga)... that would look like money well spent now.

Leg-End

He has a fairly good strike rate, especially for his age, if its not us then its somebody else.

SecondFig

The story itself is fine, and Aulas has admitted that they may have to sell - and personally I don't think Real will (or can) go for him this year, he's not as important to Perez as Ribery or Villa.
BUT
Nowhere in Aulas' quotations does he ever mention a price, and I suspect the figure he's thinking of is a lot more than £30m

Ekeke

No point if there getting Villa. They still have Ruud, Raul and Huigain o wait... i am talking about Madrid though.
Ruud is old and has his injury problems, looks to be leaving. Raul is old too and will most likely be rotated. Higuain is good but nowhere near as good as Villa and Benzema would be. Plus he can and has played from the wing. Madrid wouldnt hesitate to get rid of him if it meant they could pair Villa and Benzema together.

Mainoldo

Ruud is old and has his injury problems, looks to be leaving. Raul is old too and will most likely be rotated. Higuain is good but nowhere near as good as Villa and Benzema would be. Plus he can and has played from the wing. Madrid wouldnt hesitate to get rid of him if it meant they could pair Villa and Benzema together.
On the wing?? They've just brought Ronaldo and are looking at Ribery!! I don't think that would be an option in considering an approach. Yes its true about the strikers but they still have them there and they will want to play so unless they are playing on moving them on where's the room? The same way we can't consider being Tevez and expect to buy Benzema aswell, just wouldn't work.

United 4 Life

Benzema seems like a smart guy. I dont think he'd go to a Madrid team with Ronaldo, Kaka and possibly Ribery and Villa.

It seem impossible that Madrid would play 2 upfront with Ronaldo, Ribery and Kaka in the same team. It wont work.

Ekeke

On the wing?? They've just brought Ronaldo and are looking at Ribery!! I don't think that would be an option in considering an approach. Yes its true about the strikers but they still have them there and they will want to play so unless they are playing on moving them on where's the room? The same way we can't consider being Tevez and expect to buy Benzema aswell, just wouldn't work.
Madrid are selling players. Thats a fact. If we sold one striker and bought in two we'd have room. Same as if they sell a striker (Ruud) and use another in part exchange for Benzema, they can still get David Villa.

United 4 Life

Madrid are selling players. Thats a fact. If we sold one striker and bought in two we'd have room. Same as if they sell a striker (Ruud) and use another in part exchange for Benzema, they can still get David Villa.
So how do you think they'd line up next season if they sold Ruud for Benzema?

Status
Not open for further replies.