Joshua Zirkzee is a Red | and our #11

We aren't signing players over 25, I'd imagine that is especially true if other clubs are not signing them due to finding injuries.

This lad has also had 1 good scoring season in his career and been a slightly worse than 1 in 3 scorer for the six seasons before he went to Stuttgart.
I was coming to add more to my previous post, but you took the words out of my mouth.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serhou_Guirassy

And some weighty reading for any body interested in our recruitment policies:

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/40...t-trackerman-ten-hags-influence-and-a-grades/

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5539692/2024/07/03/dan-ashworth-manchester-united-recruitment/

Last edited:
Does anyone know if when he’s through one on one he ever likes to dink the keeper. As in it’s easier not to- but it looks good if he dinks him and it goes in?

Good luck, and welcome to the Zirkzus, Zirkzee.

Just like with Højlund, we will all be patient as he adapts, right? Rome wasn't burned in a day, let's give him time.

Does anyone know if when he’s through one on one he ever likes to dink the keeper. As in it’s easier not to- but it looks good if he dinks him and it goes in?
Not sure but I think he’s rounded the keeper a few times.

Just watched all his goals from last season and not a dink in sight. Fraud

Just the type of player to help bridge the gap between the top sides and United.

He is better than what Brighton have up top for sure.

I thought I was past caring but it hurts every time.
:rolleyes:

Intriguing stuff.

Dortmund are signing him for £15.4 million release clause. Bild have said that there's more than that as just under £8.6 million will be his sign on fee and consultants and agents will get just under £4.3 million between them. These extras are probably higher than with Zirkzee's deal but even including them for this one and not including whatever Zirkzee's payout and his agents are, its still less than we'll pay overall for Zirkzee

And the reason I think someone like him is a much better fit than Zirkzee is the same reason I'd be happy to see Watkins start for England in the finals of the Euros over Kane. Most of the time you simply just want your striker to do striker things. Run in behind, score goals when chances are created. And leave buildup till that point to players in a deeper position

Another thing is Zirkzee has scored 24 goals in 111 matches in his pro career. Not a single one is a header. So not a lot of goals, not a threat for high balls and doesnt want to run in behind the defence.

Zirkzee signing have so much more views, reshares and quotes than Citys biggest achievement :lol: :lol:

FB-IMG-1720973897312.jpg

Hopefully, he's a bit like Eidur Gujohnson. I think that's where some people are missing the point with team building. In a period when top goalscoring forwards are rare and at a premium, this has been the way to go and we have been quite slow to the party. Having rotating centre forwards that can provide different solutions for different games, whilst still providing high amounts of energy, due to the pressing needs of the modern game is a good solution to this. Both are young, have the propensity to grow and offer the team different things. Similar to Cole-Ole, Drogba-Gudjohnsen, Benzema-Higuain. As a team it makes us a lot more flexible. Having quality and depth, instead of relying on a top tier striker which is hard to find.

For the build of this team, I hope it ends up mirroring the Chelsea side of 04-05, a good team of quality individuals, with strong depth to attack multiple fronts, a solid defence and multiple routes to goal.

The obvious next step is to sign De Ligt and Ugarte. After this, I would actually not sell either Casemiro or Wan Bissaka. Instead, I would sell Malacia and Sancho; using that money to sign a young, developing but extremely athletic left back. This would allow us to still use Shaw as a left back in the short term, but with an aim to transition him to a centre back in future, whilst having a high quality but young alternative, that can serve and wing back or even on the left wing.

definitely need an additional CF....if this guy can give us a berbatov type of striker, i'm all for it as it will more than occupy the CB's

Zirkzee signing have so much more views, reshares and quotes than Citys biggest achievement :lol: :lol:

FB-IMG-1720973897312.jpg
I’ve just sent this to a couple of mates (city fans) :lol: Told them it’s because we’re a real club.

I can't pretend i'm over the moon with this signing, a bit underwhelming BUT it feels great to have two proper striker options who can hopefully stay injury free.

No more Rashford upfront, Martial playing 20mins or even....McTominay as striker.

Some quotes about Zirkzee from people who understand football

Roberto Baggio: "I like him a lot. He had an exceptional season at Bologna. He's got great quality and he has excellent potential"

Fabio Capello: "“Apart from Lautaro, I’m in love with the Bologna centre-forward. I saw him at San Siro against Milan and I admired a complete player with great technical qualities, gifted with great imagination, capable of understanding the game, running a lot and imposing himself physically.

“He’s the modern player with a lot of quality. He has quick thinking and always chooses the play that can hurt the opponent the most. He has technical and tactical sensitivity,” he stated.

Thiago Motta: "He's got an extremely talented player. He's a rare breed in today's football. He's got excellent technique and great physicality however he's also unselfish. He first think of others then of himself (football wise). That gives him an edge over selfish players who tend to put their own interest first. We're very happy that he's got that and so is he"

Gullit: I love Zirkzee. I saw him playing even with the U17 alongside my own son and I know him very well. He's got a great eye for goal and great positioning. He would be an excellent signing for Milan

Van Basten: He's an excellent player with great potential but he's still young and he has still lot to prove. Time will tell how good he is and whether he can become a legend. However he's a quality player.

Amauri: Many wrote to me regarding Zirkzee. They say that he's similar to how I used to play. That brings me great pleasure because he's a great player. I think they are right and we do have a similar game. We move alike especially when I was young. I'd love to see him play at Juventus"

Can't say I've seen too much of him.

Will have to take a look and see what he's like.

Hopefully turns out to be a good signing.

Some quotes about Zirkzee from people who understand football

Roberto Baggio: "I like him a lot. He had an exceptional season at Bologna. He's got great quality and he has excellent potential"

Fabio Capello: "“Apart from Lautaro, I’m in love with the Bologna centre-forward. I saw him at San Siro against Milan and I admired a complete player with great technical qualities, gifted with great imagination, capable of understanding the game, running a lot and imposing himself physically.

“He’s the modern player with a lot of quality. He has quick thinking and always chooses the play that can hurt the opponent the most. He has technical and tactical sensitivity,” he stated.

Thiago Motta: "He's got an extremely talented player. He's a rare breed in today's football. He's got excellent technique and great physicality however he's also unselfish. He first think of others then of himself (football wise). That gives him an edge over selfish players who tend to put their own interest first. We're very happy that he's got that and so is he"

Gullit: I love Zirkzee. I saw him playing even with the U17 alongside my own son and I know him very well. He's got a great eye for goal and great positioning. He would be an excellent signing for Milan

Van Basten: He's an excellent player with great potential but he's still young and he has still lot to prove. Time will tell how good he is and whether he can become a legend. However he's a quality player.

Amauri: Many wrote to me regarding Zirkzee. They say that he's similar to how I used to play. That brings me great pleasure because he's a great player. I think they are right and we do have a similar game. We move alike especially when I was young. I'd love to see him play at Juventus"
This is encouraging words from some greats.

The announcement vid is a disgrace.

Where is the beige interior design or the ludicrous dancing?

Standards slipping already.

Great signing to get over the line early in the window. If this was the ‘emergency’ last minute signing it would be complete bollocks but shows development of our back room staff that this is done. It was a release clause that we were crossing so old United would have dragged this till other signings came / failed.

If he’s the first of 4-5 signings then it’s great, otherwise it could be very underwhelming. He’s not fixing our key issues but raising the floor of the squad.

need to get 2CBs, a LB and a CM in as well.

should we expect Zirkzee to play a bit more like Kane or Morata(in the match going on now) where they are always dropping in to help iwht the build and get on the ball?

I'm so jaded about our transfer business that this didn't get more than a shrug and a "probably going to flop" when a friend told me we had signed him. Really hope he doesn't flop though, we could need a surprise success in the transfer market.