Joshua Zirkzee Netherlands flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
There's a narrative about him becoming a 10. I don't see it that way, I think he plays the number 9 role different to most, but plays it quite effectively. He arrives in the box when you need him to be there, which is brilliant. The fact he's getting so many chances is testament to that fact.
Yep. He can link up play and get into good shooting positions better than Hojlund, just needs to be more clinical over the season.

I actually think he'd pair nicely with Hojlund - just don't see a formation of fitting them both in, unless we lump them together if we're chasing the game.

For the sixth or seventh goal, the presence of mind to let the ball thru without taking a touch.. we have a baller in our hands.

At this stage too. Difficult player to figure out.

Seems a bit like a poor man’s Berbatov so far, and I wasn’t a particularly big fan of Bulgarian.

This is my feeling too. He seems a bit too relaxed. He'll play a nice pass, and then not make a run forward as if once he's played the pass his job is done. It's early days though and he's probably still figuring out his teammates and the league

This is my feeling too. He seems a bit too relaxed. He'll play a nice pass, and then not make a run forward as if once he's played the pass his job is done. It's early days though and he's probably still figuring out his teammates and the league
That's plainly nonsense, if he did that he wouldn't be missing all those chances would he?

That's plainly nonsense, if he did that he wouldn't be missing all those chances would he?

Honestly, this kind of reactionary absolute is why I don't post here much anymore. You're not a sith bro. Him not making runs is something I’ve witnessed on a few occasions. Obviously that doesn't mean that I’m saying he is never ever in the box.

I like what i have seen so far from him. I like when we signed him that he was a different profile than Rasmus. Zirkzee will excel when he has runners like Bruno and Rashford running beyond him when he drops into the midfield (think similar to how Kane/Son dynamic worked). Rasmus will have Garnacho/Amad create chances for him to score. 2 different options for 2 different situations.

Honestly, this kind of reactionary absolute is why I don't post here much anymore. You're not a sith bro. Him not making runs is something I’ve witnessed on a few occasions. Obviously that doesn't mean that I’m saying he is never ever in the box.
Well when you're talking bollox what do you expect?

His game for the most part is dropping deep, holding up the ball, passing/laying it off, so he's either got access to some kind of teleportation device or he's running forward after passing it, as much as I like the idea of the former I don't think that's it

Thats not reactionary in my opinion. He is clearly making a lot of runs into boxes as evidence by the number of chances he is getting in the box and even in the 6 yrd box. Its not like he is playing like Martial, now he would fit your description

He's very pleasing to watch, but he really should start scoring goals. He's a striker after all.
He’s scored one in two starts hasn’t he?

I like him as a footballer. I just hope he has the intensity and rigidness to match the skills.

"I'm still not sure about him"

No shit, maybe give him more than a handful of games, and judging him positively or negatively after last night is a joke in itself.

Maybe he's our Firminio, linking up play and helping others score more than himself. I think he's a very handy player to have whether he starts or comes off the bench.

He’s scored one in two starts hasn’t he?

I like him as a footballer. I just hope he has the intensity and rigidness to match the skills.
Yeah, but he's also missed quite a few chances against bot Liverpool and Southampton. Nice for his confidence to get another soon.

He does have that PlayStation style one touch passing in the box which Martual had on the rare occasion he was both fit and bothered.

(Sorry Tony x)

Yeah he's the only one out of our recent signings I'm not entirely convinced of. He shows occasional touches of class, but he doesn't strike me as particularly clinical which is what we need considering our glaring issue with scoring goals. Obviously too early to write him off, but I suspect he'll be behind Hojlund in the pecking order when he's back.

Yeah he's the only one out of our recent signings I'm not entirely convinced of. He shows occasional touches of class, but he doesn't strike me as particularly clinical which is what we need considering our glaring issue with scoring goals. Obviously too early to write him off, but I suspect he'll be behind Hojlund in the pecking order when he's back.

The Fulham goal was clinical as fook. That goal in the minutes he's played would suggest otherwise.

Way top early to make that conclusion to be honest. Come January we’ll have a better idea on his finishing ability

He could have done with a goal last night, obviously got some football ability but still feels he's a luxury signing for us on a tight budget.

He might look awkward, but I don't think he actually is. Just seems like it because of his height.
Yeah, it's a height and maybe posture thing. A few players just aren't 'easy on the eye' even though the quality is there.

Harry Kane looks very ungainly and awkward despite obviously being technically excellent. Hasn't done him much harm.

Yeah, it's a height and maybe posture thing. A few players just aren't 'easy on the eye' even though the quality is there.

Harry Kane looks very ungainly and awkward despite obviously being technically excellent. Hasn't done him much harm.

Exactly, and they tend to become a bit underrated in the eyes of most football fans, despite being undoubtedly very efficient. And the ones who have an aesthetically pleasing playstyle are the opposite, they tend to get a little bit overestimated IMO.