Joshua Zirkzee Netherlands flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Which blind fecker was it that said he reminds them of Ronaldinho?
Someone said that??? The only person he reminds me off is a slower, less interested Martial, with an out of proportion upper body, which makes him appear even more disinterested.

I said he’s our new Fellaini and I stans by it. Not really sure where he fits in this starting 11. Similar to Mount
Why? Because of his hair? Thats about where the comparison stops....and thats saying something.

Gets worse by the game. Plays at walking pace without a fraction of the ability to justify it.

Does not look up the intensity of Premier League football and painfully behind the play at times. So strange how unreliable appears in duels given he's a big fecker.

Although I do think he tries to be too fancy at times while lacking in technique to execute the fancy stuff. I wonder why he does that, maybe because he realizes his shortcomings with spacial awareness, so he tries to flick it on or take a fancy touch around players, but whatever it is, it isn’t good enough.

He started his career here OK. After a few weeks only he plays as a pensioner. Can't move, always late to the ball etc. He needs to improve fast.

He started his career here OK. After a few weeks only he plays as a pensioner. Can't move, always late to the ball etc. He needs to improve fast.
Did he though? What can you point to which defines that comment? And if you his goal, what about the rest of that time he spent on the pitch.

He looks like a custom player you'd create in FIFA/PES and turn all their metrics up to the maximum: height, bulkiness, hair size, etc.

All metrics except ability, which is evidently pretty mediocre

I'm still pretty optimistic about this guy. I just don't think he should be competing with Hojlund. I think he should be competing with Bruno as our 10.

Thought he did well when he came on

Someone said that??? The only person he reminds me off is a slower, less interested Martial, with an out of proportion upper body, which makes him appear even more disinterested.
Motta his former manager said it about him.

Why? Because of his hair? Thats about where the comparison stops....and thats saying something.
I said he doesn’t fit into our 11 , he can’t judge a ball to save his life and his height makes you fool you he’s good in the air

From all possible strikers in the summer, we went for the the Weeknd cosplayer. And he seems shit at football aswell :(

Are you still trying to argue Zirkzee has some sort of incredible technique?
Even when struggling to control a ball 2cm ahead of him?
I think he has but not gonna lie, not looking good last few games. Huge decline comparing with first few games.

If only the caf could be as high on a player when they’re showing decent form as it is when they’re performing under par…

Tough ask to expect that though.

He's just way too slow. Still has the odd nice touch, but his action radius on the pitch is like 5 square meters.

he's like one of those lads who turns up in pink boots without the ability to back it up

He doesn't possesses the work rate to play in Bruno's position.

Yes, I don't get why people asking for Bruno to be dropped for Zirkzee can't see this. His intensity is way too low for a position that would require him to be chasing back, initiating the press, just doesn't have the mobility/energy to play that game.

not sure what to make of him. He was clearly good in Bologna but this could also be a case of not being able to adapt to the PL

Did he though? What can you point to which defines that comment? And if you his goal, what about the rest of that time he spent on the pitch.

Not his goal. It was that he was trying at least to link up or score. He did miss some chances but that's OK, it happens. Now it seems he can't even control the ball and doesn't even show any effort.

He’s good technically but really lacks intensity to play in the PM. It might be something he can develop but even if he does, I just don’t see where he fits in? Højlund is the better goal scorer and Bruno is a better 10.

I thought he was very good in the game against Palace and he seems to have a knack for getting on the end of chances. There is something to work with here in my opinion

it's not that he doesn't have any qualities, but holy shit, 40 mil. gets you this these days?

M.B. Diouf had 3 good seasons in BL for Hannover and scored 11 goals for Stoke once he returned to EPL. would we pay 40 mil. for him as well? :lol:

early days, I know, but it seems like we have been here before. "needs this, needs that to perform, not that type of player etc".