2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
He's our best centre back. Immense player. We've wasted so much money on others and they're not better than this guy.

If a near 40 year old Jonny Evans is your best player you know you’re in serious trouble.

It's quite sad a player that I always thought was never good enough for us in his prime is now probably our best defender at 36 despite spending a fortune on centre backs

He was always class. letting him go and gambling on Smalling and Jones what such a big mistake. Although technically only a squad player he is still our best CB

Very good today. Not entirely convinced by his forward runs though :lol:

What a player! He is pushing 40's at this ponint and yet he still puts out performances like today.

If ETH had an ounce of modicum, he would rotate him and play him 1 game a week at most. He seems like the perfect CB partner to everyone: Maguire, De Ligt, even Lindelof.

You need to question why we sold him for peanuts years ago and then went through so many mediocre, expensive defenders who weren’t as good.

He played well today, but let's not get too carried away.

I find it extremely funny we sold Evans and Smalling then went all-in and bought Maguire for so much money...

I’d actually promote him to captaincy, at least he’d offer some stability at the back and is seemingly respected by the rest of the squad.

Put the man on a pedestal. Make the other players salute him coming to Carrington. He is the only one worthy at this club at the moment. Actually feel a bit sorry for him. Should never been sold, especially in looking in a hindsight.

These kind of comments are weird
You know what's weird? Weird to me is that our 80m signing is most of the time compared to Evans and Smalling. I can't recall anyone comparing the record fee center back to Rio for example?

Brilliant today. Shambolic that a 35 year old is the one putting in the biggest effort for us.

Think more than anything it speaks to a mentality that used to typify our players and is sorely lacking at the club now. He’s always been a very good player but he stands out now because he doesn’t crumble under pressure easily and is just reliable. That was the norm for our first team squad members that he was a part of in the past.

It's quite sad a player that I always thought was never good enough for us in his prime is now probably our best defender at 36 despite spending a fortune on centre backs

Could say the same about Welbeck. Was never considered good enough for United in his prime, but he could walk into the squad now and be hands down our best centre forward!

How far we've fallen.

Just shows how important the mental side of the game is. His attitude, professionalism, desire and mental toughness are a level above anyone else in the squad. And proves why we've been so inconsistently crap last few years

Could say the same about Welbeck. Was never considered good enough for United in his prime, but he could walk into the squad now and be hands down our best centre forward!

How far we've fallen.

To be fair they should both have been retained

You need to question why we sold him for peanuts years ago and then went through so many mediocre, expensive defenders who weren’t as good.
His injury record was really poor at the time and his form was equally as bad.

But right now he's the only CB we have that plays with any brain, any composure. Rest of them are like nervous 17 year old.

Think his background, the time he came through the ranks, Fergie as your manager. Just creates a certain mentality.

Brilliant today. Shambolic that a 35 year old is the one putting in the biggest effort for us.

He takes pride in his performances. That's the difference really, it means something to him go out there and play his best every game.

If only everyone else had his mentality.

It’s kinda mad how much we have been carried from being even worse by Fergie players post-Ferguson. Evans now, Carrick until he retired. Valencia and Young converted to full backs and put in great shifts. Smalling was very good for a few years. A different mentality.

That Leicester squad that went down in 22/23 must on talent be one of the best squads ever to get relegated.

I presume Evans was injured for most of that season given their defensive record but you had him, Tielemans, Maddison and Barnes all as regular starters and Vardy/Iheanacho as the CFs.

He takes pride in his performances. That's the difference really, it means something to him go out there and play his best every game.

If only everyone else had his mentality.

Absolutely. He left everything out there. Really impressed by him

He’s been brilliant for us all things considered. Genuinely the only ‘proper United’ player at the club. If everyone else in this squad had his attitude we’d be so much better off. He played for us under Fergie though so shouldn’t be a surprise.

Has a club ever had four CBs of the quality of Rio, Vidic, Pique and Evans at the same time?
I doubt it.

Great performance and I hope Lenny is learning a lot from him in training.

It's quite bizarre for him to be our best performing centre back. Rarely puts a foot wrong.

More impressive if you make it six with Wes Brown and John O'Shea
Both better FBs than CBs
I seriously rated Wes as a FB but he was another that had more than his fair share of injuries.

There’s a whole range of ages on this page alone. I’ve no idea if he’s 35, 36, or basically in his 40s.

Last Premier league winner left in the United squad a model professional that knows what it takes to play for this club. So many of the rest of his current team mates can learn a lot off him.