Joao Neves | signed for PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.
The latest rumors are that it is 70m€ + Renato Sanches (5-7m€ in value ?) and add-ons. It's probably 80m€ to sit at that table, all the more if it is really true PSG guarantees a faster lump sum payment.

I see people bring up Mount a lot here... I can't disagree that money spent in the past is money not available to pay in the present but it was last summer.

Does MU have 80m to spend this summer ? Probably. Do we have 80m on top on whatever signings are apparently considered (Let's assume Ugarte, De Ligt or another CB are indeed pursed for the amounts quotes in the press), especially with no further sales ? Not impossible but less likely. If the choice was mine I'd rather spread the budget on as many positions.
80M euros, so around 67M pounds, which we will probably use to buy Ugarte(50M) + Mazraoui(~15M). I would rather take Neves + AWB for another season. Get Rabiot/Amrabat in for cheap, and then fix the DM and FB position next summer.

I think Neves is a generational talent, his stats are way way better than Ugarte's. We seemed to have scouted him all season, so idk what changed.

Ugarte vs Neves for reference :

80M euros, so around 67M pounds, which we will probably use to buy Ugarte(50M) + Mazraoui(~15M). I would rather take Neves + AWB for another season. Get Rabiot/Amrabat in for cheap, and then fix the DM and FB position next summer.

I think Neves is a generational talent, his stats are way way better than Ugarte's. We seemed to have scouted him all season, so idk what changed.

Ugarte vs Neves for reference :

We didn't have the money to compete with PSG

Definitely not what we need, he is good but nothing special. All this generational talent nonsense is mental, he has done nothing in the game to warrant that title, If you want an example of a generational talent, look no further than Kobbie Mainoo. I heard all this generational crap on here about Sancho.

It interesting that Reneto Sanches is returning to SL Benfica, I remember him being really highly rated when he left them for FC Bayern

Definitely not what we need, he is good but nothing special. All this generational talent nonsense is mental, he has done nothing in the game to warrant that title, If you want an example of a generational talent, look no further than Kobbie Mainoo. I heard all this generational crap on here about Sancho.
I reckon Joao Neves has more to his game than Mainoo. He is more complete but Mainoo has the advantage of having shown very high quality in the Premier League. Neves most definitely have generational potential, you won't find more complete midfielders with talent like that at his age. Outrageously skilled.

I reckon Joao Neves has more to his game than Mainoo. He is more complete but Mainoo has the advantage of having shown very high quality in the Premier League. Neves most definitely have generational potential, you won't find more complete midfielders with talent like that at his age. Outrageously skilled.
Well will probably go the way of Verratti now anywho

Should be a great signing for Paris, hopefully makes them more open to discussing more reasonable terms around Ugarte.

Maybe this could have been holding up Ugarte’s move to us?

So as much as I’m gutted to miss out on him, at least we might be able to get Ugarte sorted and start building with him.

I respect your opinion, but where is the proof! Mainoo, had a debut season in the hardest league in the world, he kept a ridiculously high standard for a young lad, played, and was man of the match in the FA cup final, up against Rodri and co. He then went on to play well in the Euros, while Neves couldn't get in an ordinary Portugal Midfield . Sorry, there is nothing to say this lad is special at the moment. United do not need him.

120 million for United, 60 for everyone else. What the hell...

Maybe Mendes owed them a good deal. He gives and he takes.

Agh. They get the passer and ball player, we get the destroyer (Maybe)

Maybe Mendes owed them a good deal. He gives and he takes.

I think this is exactly it. PSG is as deep into this kind of relationship with Mendes as you can go. Not only does he represents half their players, but the last few summers they have done him serious favors by taking guys like Marco Asencio and Renato Sanches. They also signed another client in Goncalo Ramos last summer for a fee that was probably too big, helping both Mendes and Benfica. You can't view a deal like this Nunes deal in isolation from all that.

The devil's bargain with Mendes is that he helps you gain access to a stable of really good players and in return you pay financially and also every once in a while you take one of his players who needs a new club.

Reactions: Fortitude
Pretty annoyed with that one. He’ll be fantastic, and at that price I’d have rather been fully in on him and look at cheaper DM’s.

Could easily have rotated with both Bruno and Mainoo for now and eventually him and Kobbie formed an elite partnership ahead of a true anchor DM

Who in the midfield is going to be dropped?
Vitinha, Ruiz and Zaire Emery looked good last season and will only get better.

Neves is very similar to Vitinha imo.
And according to rumors PSG also want so sign Kimmich.

Wow, 60 + 10, this thread is about to lose it's mind. I think Ugarte is right one for us, of the two of them.

Plus Sanches. This is a very expensive deal
Also we didn't stand a chance as PSG are paying the €60mil upfront. That's what's caused the price to drop from benfica's €100mil at the start of the window.

According to a Portuguese journalist Duncan Castles interviewed, apparently we went in at start of window via Mendes but as we could only do installments Benfica insisted on €100mil.

I'm not too bothered about missing out on this guy.
Not saying he's no good, I've not actually watched enough to really judge him, but I'm not sure how him and Mainoo would pair up.
It'd make sense if we moved Bruno on and then had them two with an actually defensive midfielder, but thats not the case right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.