Joao Felix

Can’t believe we paid nearly double for anthonyyy what chesea paid for Felix, and some of our fans are still taking a shyte on them. I know, two wrongs don’t make a right, but seen our recent transfer history, we should be bit more humble.

Most of those had low points when they had passed their best, rather than from the age of 19-24.

There were many players that were undeniably the best in the world for a significant period of time, but also had notable low points. Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Baggio, Shevchenko, Kaka, Owen, etc. At times their confidence suffered or their interest waned. Not all of them were robots, and you don’t need to be to be great. There are also many players with exactly that mentality that aren’t that good.

There were many players that were undeniably the best in the world for a significant period of time, but also had notable low points. Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Baggio, Shevchenko, Kaka, Owen, etc. At times their confidence suffered or their interest waned. Not all of them were robots, and you don’t need to be to be great. There are also many players with exactly that mentality that aren’t that good. Sometimes those things overlap, sometimes they don’t.

Am a sucker for flair players and am actually still giving Felix small benefit of doubt if he finds the right environment/coach. Was one of rare here who liked Arsenal move for Havertz as well and generally agree with your statement. Felix problem (if you compare him with those mentioned) is that he will be 25 in less than 2 months. All of those, by his age, had produced most of their best football with Owen already winning Ballon d'Or while Ronaldinho and Kaka doing it at the age in which he is now. Shevchenko did it a bit later, but he start producing wc perfomances in Dynamo Kyiv as an 18-year old while rightfully earning a nickname "white Ronaldo" by the time he left Kyiv.

For me, Felix is in a theritory and age where you as a player start to be or accept what you've been for pretty much all his football life. Talented, but inconsistent performer whose failed to live to an early promise. This Chelsea move is pretty much his last train. Am not sure he will catch it, especially if the team in general underperforms.

But yeah, in general, your statement is right and mine was too rigid at first glance.

We wanted them to buy Gallagher, that couldn't happen unless Chelsea bought someone from Atletico. Omorodion was the first choice but that fell through.

Also he's replacing Sterling, who was worse than Felix was.
But Sterling wasn't even in the squad for City - Does he need replacing? And if so, can they not scrounge up some poor sod from Marescas Outcasts to take that place?

Your club has gone fully, fully mad.

Also, all of those players seemed to like the big occasions/going against best teams, genuinely looked like they enjoy and live football despite not being the most committed on the training ground. Felix hasn't shown any of that, pretty much the opposite. I think his highest ceiling is what Havertz is doing for Arsenal now and will never get close to the bracket of those mentioned players.

Also, all of those players seemed to like the big occasions/going against best teams, genuinely looked like they enjoy and live football despite not being the most committed on the training ground. Felix hasn't shown any of that, pretty much the opposite. I think his highest ceiling is what Havertz is doing for Arsenal now and will never get close to the bracket of those mentioned players.

If he can give us what Havertz gives Arsenal, he would be end up being quite a good signing.

If he can give us what Havertz gives Arsenal, he would be end up being quite a good signing.

True, especially for the fee you got him. And I think he should be capable of producing that if the team settles and he is part of first XI.

The other scenario is him in and out of team sulking/giving up. Let's see.

True, especially for the fee you got him. And I think he should be capable of producing that if the team settles and he is part of first XI.

The other scenario is him in and out of team sulking/giving up. Let's see.

Possibly, I just don’t see him being a regular starter for us. I suppose he could prove to be an OK squad rotational option, but it’s all a bit unknown how Maresca will fit these pieces into a complete puzzle that makes sense.

Great quality player but tends to be kind of lazy.

Technically he is excellent, guy folds under pressure though. Living the good life club to club, but don't see another top club ever signing him again after this Chelsea stint, it'll be interesting to see how it goes.

We wanted them to buy Gallagher, that couldn't happen unless Chelsea bought someone from Atletico. Omorodion was the first choice but that fell through.

Also he's replacing Sterling, who was worse than Felix was.
Yeah I get that, but it’s a strange way: you want a player out, so you trade him with another player and give $10m more on top of that.

I can understand you want to sell Sterling too. Always had a primadonna vibe about him since he joined Chelsea. Joao Felix also gives me this vibe of not giving a 100%.

Yeah I get that, but it’s a strange way: you want a player out, so you trade him with another player and give $10m more on top of that.

Gallagher's contract was up at the end of the season. So the choice was to pay the 10 nil and get Felix (and the FFP boost from selling a kid) or just lose Conor for nothing.

The FFP benefit to selling academy products is shite, I hate it.

Gallagher's contract was up at the end of the season. So the choice was to pay the 10 nil and get Felix (and the FFP boost from selling a kid) or just lose Conor for nothing.

Only really comes up for clubs that are spending massively over budget. Scratch that even. Only really comes up for Chelsea.

Am a sucker for flair players and am actually still giving Felix small benefit of doubt if he finds the right environment/coach. Was one of rare here who liked Arsenal move for Havertz as well and generally agree with your statement. Felix problem (if you compare him with those mentioned) is that he will be 25 in less than 2 months. All of those, by his age, had produced most of their best football with Owen already winning Ballon d'Or while Ronaldinho and Kaka doing it at the age in which he is now. Shevchenko did it a bit later, but he start producing wc perfomances in Dynamo Kyiv as an 18-year old while rightfully earning a nickname "white Ronaldo" by the time he left Kyiv.

For me, Felix is in a theritory and age where you as a player start to be or accept what you've been for pretty much all his football life. Talented, but inconsistent performer whose failed to live to an early promise. This Chelsea move is pretty much his last train. Am not sure he will catch it, especially if the team in general underperforms.

But yeah, in general, your statement is right and mine was too rigid at first glance.
This is a good post, but the bolded has made me read it in Mike Tyson’s voice

Yeah in some cases on the end of the contract it creates some strange incentives.

Yeah, agreed!

I do think there’s a small chance he’s just found himself in the wrong environments since his big move to Atletico, and his mindset hasn’t been right because of that. I don’t think confidence and determination are totally fixed; they could snap into place for a few good years in the right environment.

It is more likely the player we’ve seen in his early 20s is just the player he is, though. And it seems even more likely that even if there is a player lying dormant in there, this Chelsea team isn’t likely to snap him out of anything. He’ll probably just follow Sterling’s path exactly.

I certainly wouldn’t have wanted United going anywhere near him, even with the shambles we have with Sancho, Antony and Rashford.

I agree that in the right environment he really could have flourished, and also that there's no chance it's this Chelsea side, who already have a problem in trying to fit Palmer and Nkunku into the same team.

Can’t believe we paid nearly double for anthonyyy what chesea paid for Felix, and some of our fans are still taking a shyte on them. I know, two wrongs don’t make a right, but seen our recent transfer history, we should be bit more humble.
you can laugh at someone else treading in dogshit, even if you’ve got dogshit on your trainers already.