Joao Felix

Zero desire to see him in United shirt, even if they gift him to us. His wages will still be not worth it. There is a reason Simeone doesnt get along with him. Basically a Portuguese Sancho

Really surprised to see he hasn't turned out to be great, has fantastic technical abilities so you'd think he should make it at the top.

Remember from his spell at Chelsea that he would display great technical ability but fall short in the final action. Seems to still have the same issue.

Not surprised at all. Technical ability without mentality is nothing, at highest level

"Mentality" is just a state of mind that comes and goes for everyone. No player possesses impenetrable mentality, Felix's confidence was shot after he fell out of favor at Atletico and went on unsuccessful loan spells. Martinez bringing Felix on for penalties when he hasn't played at this Euros and isn't great at pens just worsens his self belief as if it wasn't already low.

Felix needed a patient coach and the >100m pricetag piled on too much pressure when he wasn't the finished article, like Dembele at Barca. Players that cost 100m are expected to hit the ground running and play like Messi to live up to their cost and even experienced stars like Hazard lose motivation if they fall out of favour much less young players like Felix. It takes players with the confidence of Bellingham to not crumble under the pressure of justifying their 100m fee and he's deemed cocky, but 99.9% of players lack that kind of ironclad mentality. Clubs need to realise it's dumb to pay huge sums for any player, especially young uns, and overinflate the expectations of everyone be it themselves, the fans, the vulture-like media.

He just isn't one of those players who is alert all the time. He seems to be playing like he is taking a stroll at the office and lacks intensity. He has skills but not the mentality to back it up.

This clown was saying that he could still be the best player in world. He can't even crack into our starting eleven, even with Mendes influence. Says it all. Felix is more hype than anything. He had 6 good months in Portugal and that's it. Then the Benfica over hyping machine started to work and bamboozled Atlético into a 120 million euros deal. The rumors now is that Benfica wants to buy 50% for 32 millions. A nothing player with shite for brains. Genuinely hate this guy and his stupid face.

This clown was saying that he could still be the best player in world. He can't even crack into our starting eleven, even with Mendes influence. Says it all. Felix is more hype than anything. He had 6 good months in Portugal and that's it. Then the Benfica over hyping machine started to work and bamboozled Atlético into a 120 million euros deal. The rumors now is that Benfica wants to buy 50% for 32 millions. A nothing player with shite for brains. Genuinely hate this guy and his stupid face.
Stop sugar coating it mate, tell us how you really feel.

Talented player with no consistency and little end product

He's the answer to people who think that technical skill and ability are all thats important and dont think end product, mental skills and effort are just as important

Decent but overhyped, but worse than being overhyped, which is not his fault, is that he let the hype to get to his head, which is his fault. Under no circumstances do I want to see him ever put on a United shirt.

Stop sugar coating it mate, tell us how you really feel.
:lol:

Really hate him man. And it doesn't even involve his Benfica connection. Sometimes I actually end up liking former Benfica player who move to play abroad like Bernardo Silva (city version not national team) and specially Ruben Dias who I really rate as a player. Ruben Dias is the ultimate pro. Love his mentality.

With Felix I just hate everything he stands for. The soap opera with his previous gf, his stupid face, the lack of self awareness and accountability. Always everyone else's fault. Cnut.

Last edited:
Saw him play for Chelsea and he was no better than Mudryk. Looked threatening on the ball at the half way line then repeatedly ran down blind alleys when the fullback pushed him out wide.

:lol:

Really hate him man. And it doesn't even involve his Benfica connection. Sometimes I actually end up liking former Benfica player who move to play abroad like Bernardo Silva (city version not national team) and specially Ruben Dias who I really rate as a player. Ruben Dias is the ultimate pro. Love his mentality.

With Felix I just hate everything he stands for. The soap opera with her previous gf, his stupid face, the lack of self awareness and accountability. Always everyone else's fault. Cnut.
Didn't know that but he didn't deserve Magui :drool:

Was she the one who was openly banging Pedro Porro on the side?

With Felix I just hate everything he stands for. The soap opera with his previous gf, his stupid face, the lack of self awareness and accountability. Always everyone else's fault. Cnut.
Weirdly as much as I didn't rate his performances and would have gone nuts if we signed him full time we never saw that side to him when he was with us (unless I missed something).

Did his best but he just didn't cut it.

First game at Chelsea he was level above everyone on the pitch. Every time he got the ball anywhere and you thought it would be a danger. Second game he looked good, by the time the season ended he turned into Sancho (as mentioned above). I actually understand the hype because he has the talent. Worth feck all as his head is not wired to be great and he most of all enjoys coasting through the games. It will never change.

First game at Chelsea he was level above everyone on the pitch. Every time he got the ball anywhere and you thought it would be a danger. Second game he looked good, by the time the season ended he turned into Sancho (as mentioned above). I actually understand the hype because he has the talent. Worth feck all as his head is not wired to be great and he most of all enjoys coasting through the games. It will never change.
Yep, the moment he gets comfortable in a new environment his determination wanes.

"Mentality" is just a state of mind that comes and goes for everyone. No player possesses impenetrable mentality, Felix's confidence was shot after he fell out of favor at Atletico and went on unsuccessful loan spells. Martinez bringing Felix on for penalties when he hasn't played at this Euros and isn't great at pens just worsens his self belief as if it wasn't already low.

Felix needed a patient coach and the >100m pricetag piled on too much pressure when he wasn't the finished article, like Dembele at Barca. Players that cost 100m are expected to hit the ground running and play like Messi to live up to their cost and even experienced stars like Hazard lose motivation if they fall out of favour much less young players like Felix. It takes players with the confidence of Bellingham to not crumble under the pressure of justifying their 100m fee and he's deemed cocky, but 99.9% of players lack that kind of ironclad mentality. Clubs need to realise it's dumb to pay huge sums for any player, especially young uns, and overinflate the expectations of everyone be it themselves, the fans, the vulture-like media.
Nobody should blame Felix for missing the pen. Has happened to much better players than him

At the same time, his mentality is that of a 5 year old petulant child, which is why he has had bad spell at Atletico and during loans. The entire world is not wrong and in debt of mighty Felix. He should look at himself tor his own failures

Crazy transfer for €126m! ruined his career on the pitch, though I guess he's easily set for life financially. Amazing he's only 24 but doesn't look like there's a place for him at pretty much any top club now.

Should be playing futsal not xi a side football.

I said to my partner as we heard he was next that he had a weak mentality and would miss. That was before I even saw his body language and stupid two step run up. When I saw that I was even more convinced he’d miss. He’s just a complete melt. He’s had zero mental toughness to improve his game under any coach in the last three years. Doesn’t do any of the unglamorous stuff to help carry him through periods of low form, so he’s the complete definition of a luxury player. But these days he doesn’t even provide the luxury. He’s just a ghost.

Needs to drop down a level to a mid tier team, learn how to follow tactical instructions and show some graft, and maybe, just maybe he’ll get the platform again to show what talent he has. It’s a huge maybe because his mentality has always been shit. I can’t see anyone paying Atlético a fee for this guy. He’ll run his contract down and leave on a free. See his career taking the Coutinho route.
Felix to Man United here we go!

"Mentality" is just a state of mind that comes and goes for everyone. No player possesses impenetrable mentality, Felix's confidence was shot after he fell out of favor at Atletico and went on unsuccessful loan spells.

He fell out of favor at Atletico because he was acting like a brat, didn't want to work hard and was entitled despite not doing anything of note.

After leaving on those loan deals he kept talking crap about Atletico at every opportunity, despite still being under contract with them.

He has the worst attitude of any player I've seen. While you had many players who were entitled and unprofessional in football history, those players at least displayed crazy confidence and self-belief on the pitch to even it out. I've never seen someone as entitled as Felix for doing so little. Whenever there is pressure on him during the game, he disappears.

It's funny how people keep saying how Atletico supposedly ruined him with their "defensive system" because these people clearly don't watch Atletico on regular basis. Atletico hasn't played that defensive rigid style of football for years now, and forwards always flourished at Atletico no matter the system. Even Morata and Depay looked like marquee strikers at Atletico at some point in recent years, and Griezmann keeps scoring and delivering.

Felix simply doesn't have it in him to succeed on elite level in professional football, mostly because he is simply not a professional. Doesn't want to train, is toxic in the dressing room, and constantly talks crap about the club that pays him.

It's hilarious how his contract only runs out in 2029, when he will be 30, so he will basically spend his entire prime being loaned out to random clubs over Europe.

In 5 years he'd still be like this and will still be in every discussion about transfers and if United is interested.

Such a nothing player. Surprised Chelsea have splurged on him, don't recall him doing much during his loan spell.

Well I'm not surprised because it's Chelsea but you know what I mean.

the ultimate no end product player. Even when he looks good nothing would come from it at the end. The exact opposite of what chelsea need at this point.

Five years ago Athletico paid 125 mil for him and the football world has been held ransom by his reputation ever since. He never really set the world alight in Madrid, excuses were made, it's simeone's fault, etc. Decent player, but for the price, a huge flop. Finally they had enough, wanted to sell him for similar value they paid, but ended up loaning him to Chelsea for 6 months for 20 mil, and he proceeded to flop, while chelsea fans, and much of the neutral fan tried to convince themselves once again, it's the circumstances, not his fault, he's still amazing. Then Barcelona loan him, where he proceeds to flop, and some Barca fans tried to convince themselves he did a great job, but the fact they had no interest in signing him pretty much confirms, he flopped.

Can we just write this guy off as a top level footballer? He will be lost in the massive squad that is chelsea and loaned out to Turkey or France by next summer.

Five years ago Athletico paid 125 mil for him and the football world has been held ransom by his reputation ever since. He never really set the world alight in Madrid, excuses were made, it's simeone's fault, etc. Decent player, but for the price, a huge flop. Finally they had enough, wanted to sell him for similar value they paid, but ended up loaning him to Chelsea for 6 months for 20 mil, and he proceeded to flop, while chelsea fans, and much of the neutral fan tried to convince themselves once again, it's the circumstances, not his fault, he's still amazing. Then Barcelona loan him, where he proceeds to flop, and some Barca fans tried to convince themselves he did a great job, but the fact they had no interest in signing him pretty much confirms, he flopped.

Can we just write this guy off as a top level footballer? He will be lost in the massive squad that is chelsea and loaned out to Turkey or France by next summer.
Barca didn't have an option. They simply couldn't afford him. It is like saying they don't want Gundogan.

Technically brilliant but that's about it.

No. For the best, mentality never changes, constant desire to improve, work harder then others... He doesn't have that.
There were many players that were undeniably the best in the world for a significant period of time, but also had notable low points. Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Baggio, Shevchenko, Kaka, Owen, etc. At times their confidence suffered or their interest waned. Not all of them were robots, and you don’t need to be to be great. There are also many players with exactly that mentality that aren’t that good. Sometimes those things overlap, sometimes they don’t.