Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
We shoudlnt be throwing away contracts like that, should be on 30-50k, based on performances, stealing a living. We`re too quick to reward medicority. As a top club we overpay far too much compared to how other top clubs do things
Why not let the club deal with all financial matters and we watch the football ehh ?

Robbie Boy

Could possibly make a good wingback in the Moses mould. However, his abysmal finishing is unforgivable for a player playing in an attacking position who's expected to chip in with goals and assists.

AndyJ1985

His goals and assists contribution is appalling and that's part of the reason we're so limp in attack. Not sure why some people must go to any lengths to defend it. He's painfully average at best and we desperately need an upgrade if we're to progress to the level we want to be at.

Zoo

If he wants to stay long term he needs to take his chances in front of goal.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I seriously doubt he would get into any other top six side or even Everton.

He has done pretty well to be getting a 100k a week.

DarkXaero

Average player with a costly performance today. There are good aspects to his game but a club such as ours should have attacking players of much higher caliber. It's mind boggling how many games he has started for us this season.

edgecutter

Why does nobody ask Jose, 'how did you think Jesse played!?'
Had Micky, Pogba, Ibra or anyone else who isn't English had missed those chances you would see Owen having a field day on BT tonight. He seems to get away with very little criticism and it's becoming clearer that we cannot push forward with him as a starter.

Dyslexic Untied

So if you take away all the bad things he did he had a good game? Amazing.
Not sure whether to bother with this. He was scrappy in two or three finishing situations, yes. Apart from that he did well. Not very difficult to contemplate, really.

SirMattBugsby

Average player with a costly performance today. There are good aspects to his game but a club such as ours should have attacking players of much higher caliber. It's mind boggling how many games he has started for us this season.
Mou starts him in away games mostly for his workrate. That and the fact he's pissed with Martial right now.

No other reason for him to start, esp in a front three.

AndyJ1985

Not sure whether to bother with this. He was scrappy in two or three finishing situations, yes. Apart from that he did well. Not very difficult to contemplate, really.
He's an attacking player whose job it is to help us score goals, but you're saying if you take away the fact he's utterly shit at doing that job, he had a good game. You're wrong, it's actually difficult to comprehend the stupidity of that sentiment.

Dyslexic Untied

He's an attacking player whose job it is to help us score goals, but you're saying if you take away the fact he's utterly shit at doing that job, he had a good game. You're right, it's difficult to comprehend the stupidity of that sentiment.
Fine mate. Several others in this thread have echoed that very sentiment, so as I said; I really don't think I'll bother explaining to you again how one can think a player had a generally good game apart from a few situations.

Kag

His finishing is just woeful. He was very good outside of that, but honestly, what's the point? He's such a frustrating player because there is definitely something in there.

Ixion

Certain people keep trying to group him with Rashford but it's clear he is miles behind him. He's a squad player, he shouldn't be starting 5-6 games on the bounce (unless he's actually in a good run of form which he isn't).

red_devil83

Apart from the odd belter and his work rate, he doesn't really offer much. Good squad player to have but can't believe we're paying him 100k a week :wenger::lol:

Should've put one of his chances away tonight.

I think like Rooney he's going to get a lot of stick for earning WAY (like 2-3x) more than what his contribution is worth.

stepic

I really can't stand him. How he starts ahead of Martial is beyond me. He's rubbish.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
He's 25, not a youth player and is very poor in more than 8/10 games he plays. Yet because he's an academy player who tries a lot, this seems to give him the right to start most games. LVG made a lot of mistakes but getting rid of dross like this was one of his strengths.

Raw

Losing patience with him a bit. Being a squad player doesn't mean you can get away with missing easy chances.

edcunited1878

He's the reincarnation of Danny Welbeck, but more intelligent and not as big/strong. Pace. Work ethic. Doesn't complain. Shows up intangibly and really good goal at times, but consistency is lacking. Still is a very useful squad player but when the stakes are high like today, he's got to bury one chance and not pass it back to the keeper.

Ixion

It is frustrating how Martial may get one game and if he's quiet it's another 5 on the bench but Lingard is allowed a run of poor/average games.

DarkXaero

He's the reincarnation of Danny Welbeck, but more intelligent and not as big/strong. Pace. Work ethic. Doesn't complain. Shows up intangibly and really good goal at times, but consistency is lacking. Still is a very useful squad player but when the stakes are high like today, he's got to bury one chance and not pass it back to the keeper.
I think Welbeck is more skilled and better at linking up in forward play. Although at least Lingard isn't playing as a striker and isn't injury prone like Welbeck.

Gjx

It is frustrating how Martial may get one game and if he's quiet it's another 5 on the bench but Lingard is allowed a run of poor/average games.
It really isn't. If Martial put in the same amount of work off the ball and scored goals regularly then he probably would. Martial isn't a winger and isn't a good fit for this team.

Wayne's World

If he wasn't playing today and someone else had his chances, we would have been booking our tickets to Stockholm after a 3-0/4-0 win....

He drives me nuts as a footballer. Even If he plays well I just know he's going to be dog shite the next game and the next game after that....

Ixion

It really isn't. If Martial put in the same amount of work off the ball and scored goals regularly then he probably would. Martial isn't a winger and isn't a good fit for this team.
He has more goals and assists than Lingard this season.

DarkXaero

If he wasn't playing today and someone else had his chances, we would have been booking our tickets to Stockholm after a 3-0/4-0 win....

He drives me nuts as a footballer. Even If he plays well I just know he's going to be dog shite the next game and the next game after that....
I kept thinking if we had Mata taking those chances instead. I think he would have scored at least 2 of those chances.

Bojan11

Lingard has one league goal.

stevoc

Neither is Lingard.

edcunited1878

I think Welbeck is more skilled and better at linking up in forward play. Although at least Lingard isn't playing as a striker and isn't injury prone like Welbeck.
Welbz has the better link up play as the main out and out forward and does have a bit more flair. They both have good flicks when paired up with other similar minded players. Pogba, Lingard, Rashford do those touches well and can't help but think it's encouraged to a point in the Academy.

tomaldinho1

Could possibly make a good wingback in the Moses mould. However, his abysmal finishing is unforgivable for a player playing in an attacking position who's expected to chip in with goals and assists.
I actually like this idea as his main quality in my eyes is the general athleticism, pace and tracking back. I think more and more people are realizing he just isn't clinical enough in the final third to be a starter.

Shark

@NotShark
Let's be honest, would Lingard look out of place at a mid table club? I like him, but he's not a talent by any means. We could do a hell of a lot better, even at squad player quality. It's half the problem with this squad actually, a complete lack of quality past the obvious key/star players. We've accepted a lot of dross such as Fellaini, Young, Jones and Darmian and given them a pass because of their lesser roles. Compare them to squad players in the past, when we were winning titles and CL's and it's quite easy to understand we're where we are.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Love it how you completely ignore lingard. I think i have been saying that whole season.
I dont think Lingard is anywhere near championship level if that's what you mean

Although I can't say if his foreseeable future will be at Utd even with his new contract. Next season if he finds himself out of the team he could well move in in a year or so. But it won't be down a division

Chicharito_

Tearing my hair out when the ball fell for him to break in the last few minutes in a 2 v 2 with Martial and decides to run the ball into a corner. Just imagine that ball falling to Bale/Robben/Neymar they would turn that 2v2 break into a big chance not run it into the corner and waste time. If we want to get to that top level of clubs then there is absolutely no way this guy can be in the starting 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.