Jermaine Jenas | Sacked by BBC

He was strange today. I don't think he was particularly anti-United, but it was more that everything Liverpool did was brilliant and faultless. Thiago made a 45 degree turn and pass the ball to "Trent" and he loses his shit.

He was full of praise for Rashford and Greenwood however. Though there was a couple of instances where the main commentator tried to start a dialogue about Luke Shaw's performance - which was excellent - and it was met with silence or a change of subject from Jenas. Odd.

He seemed to flip flop on Firmino throughout the game, like he was watching two different players with the same name.

Not a fan. Thought he was very one sided in his commentary today, as well. Praised everything Liverpool supposedly did well and made an excuse for anything they did poorly. Hate it when pundits are so blatant with their dislike of certain clubs, too. Particularly us, of course.

He was strange today. I don't think he was particularly anti-United, but it was more that everything Liverpool did was brilliant and faultless. Thiago made a 45 degree turn and pass the ball to "Trent" and he loses his shit.

He was full of praise for Rashford and Greenwood however. Though there was a couple of instances where the main commentator tried to start a dialogue about Luke Shaw's performance - which was excellent - and it was met with silence or a change of subject from Jenas. Odd.

He seemed to flip flop on Firmino throughout the game, like he was watching two different players with the same name.
That “Trent” b*llocks was getting right on my wick.

Was rather ridiculous with his praise for everything that the “when in form the best right back in Europe” did.

Fair point on Shaw too.

Sounded disappointed when Mason scored, horrible today. You would think he was an ex Liverpool player, ridiculous.

When he choose Pogba as man of the match I thought it weird it’s as if he knew United were good but just praised Liverpool all game and when Bruno eventually got the winner his mask slipped and he choose the correct motm.

I could really do with having the option of watching football without commentators and co-commentators now.

“Trents really getting his passing going now”

Trent over hits a cross for the thousandths time.
trenttrenttrent-trent-trent-trent-trenttrenttrenttrent.jpg

What was that about having a real pop at Van De Beek for falling over after he tried to square it? Making out it was some sort of dive or something? He wasn’t even asking for a penalty yet I swear Jenas used the word “disgraceful”

He had a few really bizarre moments like that throughout.

I don't understand how he's made it big on the BBC and features regularly on non-footballing shows too. Hate the know it all smugness he has when conveying his usually wide off the mark opinions. Awful pundit.

He’d be a shite motd presenter he’s got limited football insight and feck all banter to go with it..

Might be a long shot but BBC should try and get Gary Neville as the new presenter.

Came here to echo these sentiments. Bland, shallow, boring. He's what I'd assume as a "hip" appointment by those out of touch.

What annoyed me most was how he constantly lauded half the Liverpool players but only really talked about Rashford or Greenwood for small clips. Neutral my arse.

What was that about having a real pop at Van De Beek for falling over after he tried to square it? Making out it was some sort of dive or something? He wasn’t even asking for a penalty yet I swear Jenas used the word “disgraceful”

I thought exactly exactly same. He got tripped, it obviously hurt, but he never claimed a penalty. Jenas is an absolute clown. If I could turn off his commentary I would.

He just doesn't offer any meaningful insight as a commentator and regularly contradicts himself.

I found it astounding he genuinely thought with that Milner chance, he said should be getting that on target. Get fecked. He couldn't comprehend how we were winning the game everytime we were ahead, because he was so far up Liverpool's arse.

To think he's going to present MOTD.
Yeesh, you need charisma as a host and he has zilch.

Yeah that definitely got up my nose when he had the nerve to accuse Donny of diving when he fell over trying to square it

Last edited: