Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

laughtersassassin

You know there’s 6 weeks till the window closes right?
3 weeks till our season starts. 1 until training. Ole said he needed additions publicly and he sure as shite won't want them in after we have played 1 or 2 games.

Also if that Phil Brown tweet is legit United aren't pulling up any trees this window which is an absolute disgrace. Any time we make top 4 we let ourselves stagnate or regress. Also every summer fans say oh the window isn't closed yet yet by the time it does we haven't done enough business.

Over the years I have seen enough evidence to say that we aren't actually trying to get back to the top. Not really. We just throw money away when shit hits the fan to ensure that we stay a commercially viable entity.

Feel for our manager and our fans because it's absolutely disgusting.

ash_86

What a shame. If we'd gotten Sancho , a DM and a Cm I'd bet us to give City run for their money. Too bad our board is fecking pathetic and keeping us in mediocrity for ever.

red thru&thru

3 weeks till our season starts. 1 until training. Ole said he needed additions publicly and he sure as shite won't want them in after we have played 1 or 2 games.

Also if that Phil Brown tweet is legit United aren't pulling up any trees this window which is an absolute disgrace. Any time we make top 4 we let ourselves stagnate or regress. Also every summer fans say oh the window isn't closed yet yet by the time it does we haven't done enough business.

Over the years I have seen enough evidence to say that we aren't actually trying to get back to the top. Not really. We just throw money away when shit hits the fan to ensure that we stay a commercially viable entity.

Feel for our manager and our fans because it's absolutely disgusting.
When you talk about club not backing the manager when we reach top 4, we have only finished top 4 three times in the past 7 years...with this year being one of them?!

Moyes was just as much to blame for his window just as much as Ed was. Moyes vetoed Thiago and got played by the likes of Bale & Fabregas. But then in the winter, he also got Juan, for a then club record fee.

LVG was backed in his season we finished top 4.

Mourinho was backed when we got in CL via EL win. In his final transfer window, wrongly or rightly, it was clear to see he wanted to spend big on short term players, on the likes of Toby A. Without making this a JM bashing thread, it was correct not to back him. But for arguments sake, let's say he wasn't backed in that window.

Ole still has 6 weeks left on this transfer window. I would have liked couple of transfers done by no by now but we can't really comment on this window till it closes.

So, out of the past 7 years, I'd only say there's been one window which the manager hasn't been backed, as a clear indication by the board.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
I had high hopes for this deal to happen but now i feel like we won't be getting him let alone sign anyone else, it's a huge shame, i do feel for Ole and his staff. I hope he keeps his head up and work with the players he's got and try to get the best out of them, i feel our focus should be on the Leauge, play our strongest team there and hope to maintain top four!!

OneUnited24

You know we a one of the very few clubs to have made any signings right?
Point being? only club running away with transfers is Chelsea atm and given that they don’t have quality CF, RW and AMF options is hardly surprising.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Ed is clearly waiting until this thread surpasses the Pogba one before sealing the deal - he's always looking for ways to outdo himself!

Suvvernmanc

When you talk about club not backing the manager when we reach top 4, we have only finished top 4 three times in the past 7 years...with this year being one of them?!

Moyes was just as much to blame for his window just as much as Ed was. Moyes vetoed Thiago and got played by the likes of Bale & Fabregas. But then in the winter, he also got Juan, for a then club record fee.

LVG was backed in his season we finished top 4.

Mourinho was backed when we got in CL via EL win. In his final transfer window, wrongly or rightly, it was clear to see he wanted to spend big on short term players, on the likes of Toby A. Without making this a JM bashing thread, it was correct not to back him. But for arguments sake, let's say he wasn't backed in that window.

Ole still has 6 weeks left on this transfer window. I would have liked couple of transfers done by no by now but we can't really comment on this window till it closes.

So, out of the past 7 years, I'd only say there's been one window which the manager hasn't been backed, as a clear indication by the board.
In response to your last paragraph, you are right, managers have been backed in general but with a very poor recruitment process. LVG was given free reign on players due to his pedigree and we ended up with some real dross. Jose was then given slightly less power and woody and the board had the final decision on players. As a result we had a slow and painful route to get to the current team.

We are at the crossroads now and getting the correct 2 or 3 players in this window is very much pivotal to get where we need to be.

red thru&thru

In response to your last paragraph, you are right, managers have been backed in general but with a very poor recruitment process. LVG was given free reign on players due to his pedigree and we ended up with some real dross. Jose was then given slightly less power and woody and the board had the final decision on players. As a result we had a slow and painful route to get to the current team.

We are at the crossroads now and getting the correct 2 or 3 players in this window is very much pivotal to get where we need to be.
Oh I agree with everything you say. Our recruitment process has been dross. No real forward planning just a collection of players.

This is why, wrongly or rightly, we haven't bought anyone yet this year. We want the players. We need the players. But Ole did also mention that he'd rather have holes than ar$e holes.

If only the recruitment was better earlier on, which Glazers have to take blame for, we wouldn't have needed to spend so big now, or over the past previous years.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
We need to act quick if we are still interest in him. Imagine Messi leaves Barca for City or PSG, surely they will need to find a replacement. With extra 60-70m saving on yearly wage, they can afford to sign someone big. The best replacement for Messi (goals+assist+dribbling), would be Sancho.
This has been my fear since they started the clear out. I've got Ronaldinho vibes all over again.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I can't stand our board, they continue to mess up United.
During the season, they run a big mouth and say we're capable of doing things other clubs can't. In the summer break, they show how useless and amateurish they are, and just embarrass the club. They come up with excuses, make one shitty panic buy, and claim they are revisiting the whole transfer set up (i.e. looking for a DoF). Repeat next summer

pocco

loco
During the season, they run a big mouth and say we're capable of doing things other clubs can't. In the summer break, they show how useless and amateurish they are, and just embarrass the club. They come up with excuses, make one shitty panic buy, and claim they are revisiting the whole transfer set up (i.e. looking for a DoF). Repeat next summer
It's all a PR show. Many seem to be getting savvy to it now though.

deleon

We need to act quick if we are still interest in him. Imagine Messi leaves Barca for City or PSG, surely they will need to find a replacement. With extra 60-70m saving on yearly wage, they can afford to sign someone big. The best replacement for Messi (goals+assist+dribbling), would be Sancho.
Plus I imagine they'd receive some transfer fee as a compromise to the deadline clause. Going after Sancho would still be financially irresponsible, arguably, but they'd have little choice but spend if Messi leaves.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This has been my fear since they started the clear out. I've got Ronaldinho vibes all over again.
He doesn't want to live in Spain and who are Barca without Messi anyway? they lose all their star power once he leaves. They'll go back to just being a top Spanish club.

Similarly to us I think they'll start to have a few average years now. Luckily for them there isn't much competition league wise outside of the Madrid clubs.

theklr

I cant see Sancho going to Barcelona with the mess they are in and Sancho beeing obviously homesick as hell.

pocco

loco
He doesn't want to live in Spain and who are Barca without Messi anyway? they lose all their star power once he leaves. They'll go back to just being a top Spanish club.

Similarly to us I think they'll start to have a few average years now. Luckily for them there isn't much competition league wise outside of the Madrid clubs.
How do you know he doesn't want to go to Spain? Genuine question. Because there were reports that was his favoured destination and that his agents would reduce their fees to make it happen.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
How do you know he doesn't want to go to Spain? Genuine question. Because there were reports that was his favoured destination and that his agents would reduce their fees to make it happen.
Because the whole reason behind him leaving Dortmund is he wants to come home to England. That's the reason he keeps taking trips back here as he's homesick. Why would he then want to move to Spain, and even more difficult place for an Englishman? it doesn't make any sense.

If he wanted to go to Barca there would be a lot more concrete news on that already.

romufc

The main reason reported that he wants to leave Dortmund is because he is home sick.

He isnt going to go to Spain and learn another culture when he is already home sick is he now?

romufc

This is exactly what we thought when Sanchez left.. savings on wages means we can go spend money... instead we are getting Covid excuses.

1st - Woodward saying he will ride out covid - which included Sanchez Wages
2nd - Post that comment, we finished top 4. CL income
3rd - We will sell a few more players.

Womp

idiot
Not sure if it was spoken about, but Goldbridge had Falk on his video yesterday. Few things falk mentioned:
1. Dortmund want to know soon if they will have Sancho for the upcoming season or not, so they can prepare accordingly
2. Thinks it's possible, but United need to pay what Dortmund want
3. Not sure if a deal will happen, as it's been quiet from both clubs for a little now
4. Dortmund are discussing with agents in regards to potential replacements, but nothing concrete, only in the chance that United pays what they want
5. Sancho was told he could leave if the price is paid

Mihai

When was that?

Redcy

You know there’s 6 weeks till the window closes right?

Except the issue is that if we buy a player from abroad we can't play them for two weeks, if we leave it until the end of the window that means the player misses 7-8 games of the season.

WPMUFC

Not sure if it was spoken about, but Goldbridge had Falk on his video yesterday. Few things falk mentioned:
1. Dortmund want to know soon if they will have Sancho for the upcoming season or not, so they can prepare accordingly
2. Thinks it's possible, but United need to pay what Dortmund want
3. Not sure if a deal will happen, as it's been quiet from both clubs for a little now
4. Dortmund are discussing with agents in regards to potential replacements, but nothing concrete, only in the chance that United pays what they want
5. Sancho was told he could leave if the price is paid
As I said on another thread, end up signing sancho, a lot can be forgiven. However, even signing Sancho on deadline day means we may carry the exact same squad to GW9-GW10 before Sancho could start a full game for us.

That is utter inexcusable if he is our only signing and we could be in a right mess even by then.

A david brooks deadline day signing, or no one, is just the apocalyptic scenario.

RUCK4444

Genuinely want this kid even more than I'd want Messi (not that Messi is ever likely to actually come here.) Never thought I'd say that but this kid is the perfect player for the most neglected position in our squad over the last 10 years.

Messi would be best for us in the no 10 role where we already have a good thing going with Bruno - that's not me saying Bruno is better than Messi before anybody jumps on me! I just think this kid provides us with a world class level for 10+ years and compliments our existing forwards perfectly, in a more pressing position.

For me it then allows us, even if it has to be in the next window, to focus on gaining top level players in the last few positions we need to such as DM and CB. We have to go for top level players to finish this squad and fulfil it's true potential.

GledTheRed

I can't see this happening with the collection of clowns in charge, we couldn't even get a deal for 17 year old midfielder over the line despite the VIP treatment.

Looks like the hierarchy are happy with the 4th place trophy.

Skåre Willoch

We should go for both Sancho AND Messi. To everyone who say we cant afford it, it's time to spend the Ronaldo money. Break the bank. Etc.

I mean, look at this? We would be scoring goals for fun.

On a more serious note. I would also prefer Sancho to Messi, as weird as that sounds.
First of all I think Messi will remain in Barca this time around as well, but the fact that Sancho is 15 years younger is also key.

I'm still in the camp that thinks signing Sancho, even if it means signing ONLY Sancho, is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.