Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man Utd owner Joe Glazer issues Ed Woodward firm Jadon Sancho transfer instruction: They think the overall package is too much and advised Ed to steer away from this deal if Dortmund dont reduce the price

Most journalists seem to concur that our spending will be limited due to financial restrictions. I don’t know where your confidence originates from.

It originated from being one of the clubs that spends the most every window and also have one of the biggest wage budgets. We are also heavily linked with expensive players. I don’t see where your pessimism come from..

I think fans need to give Woodward a break on this front. He has generated huge revenues for the club that has allowed us to spend a shedload on players and wages since he got the job. Too many bad players acquired, but that's a different subject. I applaud him for even going for Sancho and trying to pull off this transfer despite the unprecedented situation covid19 placed the club in. He could just have easily have told OGS that it's not even worth trying.
This has to be sarcasm surely.

I don't care about the media spin but the situation is changing to "Chelsea about to do a master bla bla" with Havertz, and even if United get's Sancho it's going to be a "finally".This could be the biggest transfer in PL History and it's going to be reported as a "finally" :lol:
it will be like "United break record on Sancho but ignore obvious deficiencies", "United spend 120M on Sancho; not the right thing to do in this climate", "Why Sancho will fail at United and has the hallmarks of another miserable transfer window." etc etc

Chelsea's negotiations have dragged on for a long while. Journalists like Romano will obviously report on the recent developments more positively if there's any progress, but that doesn't necessarily mean that there'll be a resolution in the end. I'm not sure if Chelsea will necessarily go all the way up to what Leverkusen want, but we'll see how close they can go.

Napoli also worked on Osimhen for months. They were negotiating the deal with Lille for a while as it also included them giving away 4 of their players to Lille to offset the high price. It was nothing like a quick deal as you make it seem.

People just read headlines and think every other club signs these players in days when there are a lot more details to it. Everything so our people look bad and incompetent as this fits the narrative.

Chelsea's negotiations have dragged on for a long while. Journalists like Romano will obviously report on the recent developments more positively if there's any progress, but that doesn't necessarily mean that there'll be a resolution in the end. I'm not sure if Chelsea will necessarily go all the way up to what Leverkusen want, but we'll see how close they can go.

Napoli also worked on Osimhen for months. They were negotiating the deal with Lille for a while as it also included them giving away 4 of their players to Lille to offset the high price. It was nothing like a quick deal as you make it seem.
Pretty much all their journalists are saying it's close. Obviously a brief but I can understand if you still are skeptical about the deal.

Fair enough that Napoli worked on Osimhen for months even during the pandemic, we should've been doing the same surely? I still think we will get the deal done but just making the point big money transfers are happening around the world during COVID-19.

Kroenke and tight-fisted fecking Arsenal are on the verge of making their second signing. Willian was a shrewd addition and they’re locking up a CB now as well. This addresses some of the needs in their squad.

Our supporters have every right to be frustrated with Woodward and Joel glazer. The fact we’re in such a precarious state financially despite drawing massive commercial revenue should be a major concern, and goes to show how vulnerable we really might be with our massive debt and servicing charges that go with it. Out of all the clubs, we should be one of the best prepared in dealing with a crisis like Covid yet the all we’re hearing is that cash reserves are a problem and that it won’t be business as usual.

it will be like "United break record on Sancho but ignore obvious deficiencies", "United spend 120M on Sancho; not the right thing to do in this climate", "Why Sancho will fail at United and has the hallmarks of another miserable transfer window." etc etc
Yep :lol: "United do record signing yet they are still to win a EPL in Seasons, Souness, what do you think?"

That is crap. If I go to buy a Rolls Royce knowing I cannot afford one, I wont be applauded, rather I will be laughed out.
We are making ourselves look silly here. If you cannot afford him, go for another target dont just sit there hoping money will turn up or the price from the seller will be dropped.
I suspect that's why you are not negotiating Manchester United transfers and would never be considered either!

Kroenke and tight-fisted fecking Arsenal are on the verge of making their second signing. Willian was a shrewd addition and they’re locking up a CB now as well. This addresses some of the needs in their squad.

Our supporters have every right to be frustrated with Woodward and Joel glazer. The fact we’re in such a precarious state financially despite drawing massive commercial revenue should be a major concern, and goes to show how vulnerable we really might be with our massive debt and servicing charges that go with it. Out of all the clubs, we should be one of the best prepared in dealing with a crisis like Covid yet the all we’re hearing is that cash reserves are a problem and that it won’t be business as usual.

Arsenal is shopping in a different market though. We are looking for "cheap" and free players, not one of the hottest property in the market. My understanding is money is super tight in Arsenal without CL football again next season.

I suspect that's why you are not negotiating Manchester United transfers and would never be considered either!

Yep, look like we have master negotiators in town.

Harry Maguire price £80m - 2 months later manutd pay £80m
AWB price £50m - Manutd pay the price after 6 weeks
Fred - prob worth £20 but we paid £50m
Fellaini had release clause of £15m - Manutd wanted to pay £25m
Mata - £40m when we had Kagawa

Very good negotiating skills

But other clubs are investing.
Liverpool- Signed a LB for depth likely to sign Thiago likely the gap between us increases
City- Already strengthening in depth and soon will add Koulibaly again gap between us increases
Chelsea- Already made 2 signings before the window opened about to sign Chilwell and Havertz and after a CB and GK will likely overtake us
Arsenal- About to make their 2nd summer signing no chance they have a season as bad as last season the gap between us likely to lessen significantly
Spurs- Have made 2 signings and will likely make more like Arsenal no chance they have a season as bad as last season gap likely to lessen significantly
And I haven`t talked about the likes of Everton/Wolves who can spring surprises
Point is COVID or no COVID we still have the resources to strengthen the team significantly we simply have to find a way to get things done. With other teams already getting down to work this summer is the last one to get complacent or we could very easily have a repeat of the 18/19 season where we went from 2nd to 6th because we didn`t strengthen and get left behind by our rivals and if it happens those on top deserve nothing but hateful, vitriolic, heavy and toxic criticism not excuses being made for them.
Talk about ABU coverage...I don't see why you'd put a positive spin on other clubs and a negative one at ours (unless you're a WUM in disguise, which wouldn't surprise me).

Anyways, to prevent another potential uproar: the only other clubs that have actively invested in incoming transfers so far were City and Chelsea. Both have large amounts of money to spend (City via Abu Dhabi, Chelsea via the transfer ban + outgoing transfers). In response to your post:
  • Liverpool: they signed Tsimikas because they missed out on Jamal Lewis (I'm not sure about how good Tsimikas is); they're struggling to come up with enough money to get Thiago and may even pull out of the deal
  • City: they'll never run out of money because of Abu Dhabi
  • Chelsea: they are only working on Havertz at this time; there's 0 progress on any other incoming transfer; they need to sell defenders before they can buy any new ones (including Chilwell)
  • Arsenal: Arsenal need way more than Saliba, Willian, and Gabriel to get close to us; their midfield is in terrible shape, for one (they likely won't get Ceballos back, too), and they still have Ozil's wages holding them back
  • Spurs are struggling to generate funds for incoming transfers; they're trying to sell more players before they can buy, and their defensive and attacking depths are getting reduced.
  • Everton and Wolves can chase whoever they want; both teams are struggling to come up with enough money to get in players
    • Everton in particular lost out on Gabriel
COVID-19 is hitting almost every club (City & PSG are the only exceptions). We can look for more shrewd deals, but the club for now are fully committed to getting Sancho like Chelsea are with Havertz. Getting those kind of deals over the line will always be difficult in this climate, and that goes for more than just United.

Pretty much all their journalists are saying it's close. Obviously a brief but I can understand if you still are skeptical about the deal.

Fair enough that Napoli worked on Osimhen for months even during the pandemic, we should've been doing the same surely? I still think we will get the deal done but just making the point big money transfers are happening around the world during COVID-19.
Of course their journalists will say that freely when they take one step forward. United keep our journalists quiet until we get very close to signing someone. Heck, Romano was being very positive about us after we agreed personal terms with Sancho.

Also, we have been working on this for a while; there's no way we'd have gone as far as negotiating the payment structure and coming to a personal agreement without negotiating for a while.

Utter bollocks. They'll be putting some of that back in to the club then yeah? Not taking any money out this year too presumably? Do me a favour

Behave mate.

You've pounced on a perfectly good post and twisted to your own narrative.

People just read headlines and think every other club signs these players in days when there are a lot more details to it. Everything so our people look bad and incompetent as this fits the narrative.
Our people have completely and utterly botched the football side of a football club for the past 7 years, not much explanation is needed here. Our comical search for a sporting director is still going on.

It's not a surprise if a few supporters mistrust them.

And our transfer spendings for past 6-7 have been finally(!) on par for a club of our size, not like our people went and spent beyond our means like some posters here suggest.

But other clubs are investing.
Liverpool- Signed a LB for depth likely to sign Thiago likely the gap between us increases
City- Already strengthening in depth and soon will add Koulibaly again gap between us increases
Chelsea- Already made 2 signings before the window opened about to sign Chilwell and Havertz and after a CB and GK will likely overtake us
Arsenal- About to make their 2nd summer signing no chance they have a season as bad as last season the gap between us likely to lessen significantly
Spurs- Have made 2 signings and will likely make more like Arsenal no chance they have a season as bad as last season gap likely to lessen significantly
And I haven`t talked about the likes of Everton/Wolves who can spring surprises
Point is COVID or no COVID we still have the resources to strengthen the team significantly we simply have to find a way to get things done. With other teams already getting down to work this summer is the last one to get complacent or we could very easily have a repeat of the 18/19 season where we went from 2nd to 6th because we didn`t strengthen and get left behind by our rivals and if it happens those on top deserve nothing but hateful, vitriolic, heavy and toxic criticism not excuses being made for them.

They’re not spending €120m on one player though are they.

Homeowners making some sense actually:

1. It's very clear that if he walks through door he will be class as we all know how high is his ceiling.

2. There's a lot of financial wiggle room, but we first need to get through this difficult window.

3. Unlike Liverpool, all our taps are installed downstairs at the bottom of the house, we don't tap up.

4. It's clearly a homeowner matter as it has been well reported that Sancho is home sick.

5. And finally, when Romano tweets "here we go", you will see all of the removal compenies will have their lube trucks ready on here.

Homeowners are the knew ITKs I tell you.

Why do people seem to think Chelsea have got so much money to spend this summer, if they did they would of gone for Sancho....

It did work with AWB. They originally wanted us to get rid of the clause we have for Zaha, but ultimately accepted our offer without us doing that.

Many of the early reports had Leicester wanting £90m for Maguire, although from memory it did come down to £80m quite a bit earlier before we paid it.

I'd be pretty upset if I had Kroenke doing business for us - he's going for lesser talent and overpaying for old age pensioners. Don't compare this to a generational talent like Sancho, for god's sake.

Of course their journalists will say that freely when they take one step forward. United keep our journalists quiet until we get very close to signing someone. Heck, Romano was being very positive about us after we agreed personal terms with Sancho.

Also, we have been working on this for a while; there's no way we'd have gone as far as negotiating the payment structure and coming to a personal agreement without negotiating for a while.
Our journalists think personal terms and agent fees are the stumbling block in addition to transfer fees. Romano has a different opinion. In reality, no one knows how far along it is and with 23 days left to go to the season start, we better get it done or move on as soon as possible.

Nor are Chelsea likely to get Chilwell and Havertz on the cheap. The combined total for those 2 alone is going to be over 100m

Leverkusen reportedly want around 100m and Chilwell will reportedly go for a world record fee for a FB. It's not 120m on a player sure but no their targets won't be cheap at all :lol:

:lol:

It's funny cause it's true
I seriously believe we're thought of as the clown company by elite teams

Our journalists think personal terms and agent fees are the stumbling block in addition to transfer fees. Romano has a different opinion. In reality, no one knows how far along it is and with 23 days left to go to the season start, we better get it done or move on as soon as possible.
I've mentioned this before, but it's not just Romano who mentioned this; Christian Falk confirmed Romano's statements a while back.

Fellaini was exceptionally well documented to have a £24m release fee, and we paid £28m

It doesn't need you to make us look even bigger mugs there :)

Was the Fellaini 15 million release clause true ?

Nope. He's reduced it to make us look even bigger chumps.

24m was the fee. We paid 28m

Possibly mixing up the fee Everton bought him for - which looks to be 15m

A week before we signed Bruno there were stories of Joe Glazer not thinking he was worth that etc etc. A week later we signed him.

Believe guys it’s almost Sancho day.

Status
Not open for further replies.