Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leverkusen reportedly want around 100m and Chilwell will reportedly go for a world record fee for a FB. It's not 120m on a player sure but no their targets won't be cheap at all :lol:
It's funny that but I do believe BL are probably watching the Sancho transfer with interest thinking,' if he goes for 120, we'll ask 100 for Havertz.'
Leicester are thinking,'if Chelsea are spending near 100 for Havertz, we'll ask 80 for Chilwell if Harry went for near that.' :lol:

Leverkusen reportedly want around 100m and Chilwell will reportedly go for a world record fee for a FB. It's not 120m on a player sure but no their targets won't be cheap at all :lol:
According to Fjortoft, Leverkusen apparently want 95 million Euros. In the grand scheme of things, a 5-million-Euro drop doesn't make too much of a difference, plus I'm not so certain that Fjortoft is necessarily tracking this transfer closely.

Are you saying 7 days to go
I'm not buying this Joel Glazer doesn't want to spend blah blah zzzzz!

If he didn't want to spend that, there's just a simple method of an e-mail or phone call or text or send a Raven. He doesn't need to travel to Germany

According to Fjortoft, Leverkusen apparently want 95 million Euros. In the grand scheme of things, a 5-million-Euro drop doesn't make too much of a difference, plus I'm not so certain that Fjortoft is necessarily tracking this transfer closely.
He's fun but not sure he's really that clued up.

I've mentioned this before, but it's not just Romano who mentioned this; Christian Falk confirmed Romano's statements a while back.
Simon Stone, Ornstein, Daniel Taylor and all the other English ones are simply denying it. The German ones(Bild, Kicker, RNBVB etc..) say it's still off. I guess it's just a matter of who one chooses to believe.

Simon Stone, Ornstein, Daniel Taylor and all the other English ones are simply denying it. The German ones(Bild, Kicker, RNBVB etc..) say it's still off. I guess it's just a matter of who one chooses to believe.
Stone hasn't said anything in about 2 weeks

The English journalists were briefed by United. Romano and Falk are independently reporting on the Sancho transfer news. Romano has no direct ties with one particular club, too.

It was breathtakingly insane.

We first bid £28m for Fellaini AND Baines.

They laughed us out of court.

We then strangely let the clause expire, then panicked as we hadn't bought in Ronaldo/Bale/Fabregas etc, like Moyes strangely thought we would be able to, and then went back for Fellaini after.

Real odd behaviour

We then strangely let the clause expire, then panicked as we hadn't bought in Ronaldo/Bale/Fabregas etc, like Moyes strangely thought we would be able to, and then went back for Fellaini after.

Real odd behaviour
Yeah I remember that. It was the weirdest thing ever.

Real odd behaviour

Moyes didn't want Fellaini to be his first signing because he thought it would send the wrong signals.

That's why.

Nope. He's reduced it to make us look even bigger chumps.

24m was the fee. We paid 28m

Possibly mixing up the fee Everton bought him for - which looks to be 15m

Pretty sure his buyout was 24m which had to paid in one go. Went for 28m so UTD could pay in instalments

I'm not buying this Joel Glazer doesn't want to spend blah blah zzzzz!

If he didn't want to spend that, there's just a simple method of an e-mail or phone call or text or send a Raven. He doesn't need to travel to Germany
Glazer travelling to Germany!?

Dortmund players buzzing that Sancho is gonna stay and help them finish 2nd and get knocked out of the UCL Round of 16 like they do every year.

We then strangely let the clause expire
, then panicked as we hadn't bought in Ronaldo/Bale/Fabregas etc, like Moyes strangely thought we would be able to, and then went back for Fellaini after.

Real odd behaviour
This is actually one transfer when we have first-order information, instead of bullshit from random people in twitter who despite knowing feck all make guesses to their worshippers.

Moyes precisely explained why we left Fellaini's release clause to expire. Actually, it kind of made sense, despite the bad ending.

This is actually one transfer when we have first-order information, instead of bullshit from random people in twitter who despite knowing feck all make guesses to their worshippers.

Moyes precisely explained why we left Fellaini's release clause to expire. Actually, it kind of made sense, despite the bad ending.
why was that? I can't remember

Because we didn't want to have Fellaini as the first signing.

It might well have been the "reason" but it made no sense. And made us look stupid as can be going back in for higher after.

Dortmund players buzzing that Sancho is gonna stay and help them finish 2nd and get knocked out of the UCL Round of 16 like they do every year.
:lol:

At least they'll be able to add the 'kept our best player for an extra year' trophy to their cabinet to show those mean old Bayern execs that they're not a selling club

They'll then be able to sell the likes of Sancho and Haaland (when his release clause kicks in) next year without as much fuss over losing face as Bayern continue to level up

He knew that Everton needs money. He also knew that Kenwright has no intention of selling both Fellaini and Baines. For this reason, if we simply activated Fellaini's clause, then we wouldn't be able to buy Baines, cause Everton would get the money they need, and wouldn't want to lose him too. For this reason, until the very last day we were negotiating a double-transfer (on the last day we were offering over 40m). Kenwright was very stubborn though, and called Moyes bluff. In the last moment, we split the bid and arranged a transfer only for Fellaini.

Logically, it made sense. He was determined to get both of them, and tried to force Everton to also sell Baines, and the only way to do that was to refuse giving them money for Fellaini (cause then they wouldn't sell Baines). It didn't work in the end, but the logic was sound.

Additionally, he didn't want Fellaini to be our first signing, but that was a distant second reason.

He knew that Everton needs money. He also knew that Kenwright has no intention of selling both Fellaini and Baines. For this reason, if we simply activated Fellaini's clause, then we wouldn't be able to buy Baines, cause Everton would get the money they need, and wouldn't want to lose him too. For this reason, until the very last day we were negotiating a double-transfer (on the last day we were offering over 40m). Kenwright was very stubborn though, and called Moyes bluff. In the last moment, we split the bid and arranged a transfer only for Fellaini.

Logically, it made sense. He was determined to get both of them, and tried to force Everton to also sell Baines, and the only way to do that was to refuse giving them money for Fellaini (cause then they wouldn't sell Baines). It didn't work in the end, but the logic was sound.

Additionally, he didn't want Fellaini to be our first signing, but that was a distant second reason.
That would be funny if Fellaini wasn't our only signing that summer.

When they get some of 15-20m for Smalling, 15-20m for Pereira, 15-20m, 10-15m Dalot, 15-20m Lingard, 3-10m for Romero and 8-10m for Mata we'll get Sancho.

That would be funny if Fellaini wasn't our only signing that summer.
Yeah, I think that Moyes was not certain on Herrera and Thiago (he said this himself), while Ed failed to get Fabregas. We also outbid Real for Bale (again, Moyes confirmed this), but neither Spurs nor Bale were interested. And Ronaldo didn't want to come without SAF.

To be fair, we fecked up on not signing Thiago and Herrera, the other transfers were impossible. In Fellaini-Baines, I think that the strategy made sense, despite that it did not work.

Most sensible post in the thread. We simply won’t be willing to pay the money Dortmund want in the current climate.
Thanks!
Yep..

My view has been that united are looking to sell to bring Sancho in. Little playing time for some is nudging or even pushing them towards the door.
If it’s possible we will try to buy Sancho but the figures that Borussia D wants isn’t realistic in one window.
Are you on crack? Do you know how much the glazers have taken out of the club? Not driven by greed? Seriously?
Almost 60 years old and I don’t drink alcohol, never ever tried to smoke and certainly not drugs. But thanks for asking. On a serious note you should ask yourself who’s to blame because we have American capitalist as owners. The Glazer family isn’t the best but trust me it could be ten times worse.

He said that "not ALL they do is driven by greed".

The emphasis on ALL acknowledges that they certainly have been greedy whilst at the club, but that doesn't seem the case here.
People needs to be realistic about this. All capitalist owners is in the end there for the money. The problem is if Gordon Gekko is their only experience regarding how professional capitalist works, then it’s understandable if they don’t realize how wealthy owners increase value in a profitable business. If you think the Glazers are greedy then don’t look further then the ultra famous Warren Buffett. God gives with one hand and take with the other.

Utter bollocks. They'll be putting some of that back in to the club then yeah? Not taking any money out this year too presumably? Do me a favour

If you don’t fully know what owning a business means in reality then it‘s ok to take a step back or start to read some economic litterateur. Not all owners are philanthropist. You expect American capitalists to act like locals or die hard United supporters? I spare you the time. It’s not in their system to act on emotions or go over board with spendings, doesn’t mean they are all evils or plain greedy.

At least they'll be able to add the 'kept our best player for an extra year' trophy to their cabinet to show those mean old Bayern execs that they're not a selling club
I imagine since both clubs last won their respective leagues both trophy cabinets are equally sorry sights so we can't be swinging our dick on that front.

Status
Not open for further replies.